Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

• Like x 2
  2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

The downside of beating anorexia: i am no longer randomly offered modeling jobs

The upside: my boobs are re-inflating

• Like x 5
  3. blue

blue hightown funk you up

a scene from my household:

(the noise of rustling from the table, where No Cat Ought To Go)
    me, facing the other way and looking at my phone: pocket, whatever you're doing, stop it.
    (the thump of a cat jumping to the ground)
    me: thank you.

• Like x 17
  4. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

*gets friend request from high school classmate with whom i was friendly like four/five years ago*
    *accepts because that's the Polite Thing To Do*
    Him, Immediately: Hey!
    Me, Internally: fffffffUUCK.... what the fuck..... shit.. goddamn....

I'M REAL GOOD AT TALKING WITH WORDS no but for real i feel like this is a situation most people know how to handle but i am just... shocked, this is not how i planned for this interaction to go (mutual silence)

• Like x 4
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I try to do my facebooking at weird hours precisely to avoid direct communication with people, and it only works so well. Stupid timezones and variable sleep schedules.

• Like x 2
  6. Sethrial MacCoill

you really don't have to accept friend requests. I don't unless I actually like the person.

7. applechime

applechime "well, you know, a very — a very crunchy person."

i am a slave to politeness unfortunately...... i can and will torture myself for days (/weeks/months/years, depending on the severity of the infraction) over the tiniest, most innocuous little things if i suspect that they might have been Rude or even just Less Polite And Nice Than I Could Have Been

YAY, ANXIETY! YAY, CHRONIC YES-MANNING!! :psyduck:

• Like x 1
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

YAYYYY!!!!

• Like x 1
  9. Sethrial MacCoill

i've gotten into abyssrium this week. I can't tell if it's the joy of collecting things (so many fish, so many coral) or watching a tiny number tick steadily upward, but I'm obsessed. I revived a twitter entirely for the purposes of sharing stupid polygonal fish pictures so I can get more tiny numbers.

• Like x 2
  10. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

look at what i just found in my course outline for an upcoming class
    THE MEMES.JPG
    >:3

also abyssrium is amazing & i'm addicted too!

• Like x 4
  11. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Today I remembered that in ancient Egypt, crocodile dung mixed with honey used to be inserted into the vagina as a form of birth control.

I kind of want to know how this didn't cause mass infections, but I also do not want to read more about crocodile poop where poop ought not to be.

• Like x 3
  12. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

@budgie . . . did it work tho?

13. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@rats @budgie i feel like both ingredients are Very Bad for the receiving organ. like. Very Bad.

• Like x 2
  14. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@rats No one seems to really know, from my brief googling on the subject, but apparently it's slightly alkaline which is bad for sperm, so perhaps there was something to it.

@Kaylotta Oddly enough that's not the only time I've heard of treatments involving honey in there. I don't think I'll be trying it out myself, though.

15. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

don't put sugary food inside of any vagina. it's a good way to get a yeast infection. which... a quick search tells me that the likelihood of getting a yeast infection actually increases during pregnancy, so what are you even going for?

maybe you're supposed to understand it as 'a way to deter people from impregnating the subject, pre-impregnation attempt' because i can understand how it would be effective as such.

EDIT: what the hell did people do about yeast infections before modern medicine, does anyone now? I'm suddenly intensely curious

• Like x 2
  16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

what the fuuuuuck. what @littlewhitemouse said. sugar bad.

also my guess is suffer.

17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

18. Sethrial MacCoill

How far have you gotten? My rock is level 1075, I'm up to 14J per second, I have 44 fish, and I've got green spongodes.

19. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm rereading an old comfort fic (like, over a decade old) and it's kinda OOC but it has the best summary I have ever read.

Seriously. I want a romance novel based on this blurb because it's great.

• Like x 4
  20. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

@sirsparklepants ....kinda wanna write that ngl

the year is 2080. you are dragged to a gay bar by your friend/girlfriend because she wants you to meet the owners. "its the hottest club right now!" she seems genuinely excited. "trust me. and you're gonna scream at the owners, its hilarious." the owners of the bar are two elderly women, dressed to the nines. you get to talking and finally you ask: "so. . . you were alive in 2016, weren't you?"
    they look at each other knowingly.
    "yes," one says. "we're actually the ones who ended it all."
    "we took down donald trump."

• Like x 11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice