Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Goes downstairs for food, but alas (?) a roomie is just now starting food. I'd rather eat what they make than stare at pantry for ten minutes when my feet are already cold, so now I'm huddling in the blanket cocoon in antici

pation

• Like x 4
  2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

:copypasta from tumblr:

From talking on discord with a bunch of other folks feeling under the weather:

plague doctor aesthetic meets kawaii overload

frills, cute socks, gloves, skirts

glittery marks on the mask cheeks, decora accessories all over

pastels and rainbows, glitter and soft things

flower crowns

trickster!plague doctors, if you will

I want creepy/severe/stern looking things to be dripping in glitter and cute frills.

• Like x 11
  3. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I found out today that my boyfriend, a guild leader in WoW, gave himself the rank of SHITLORD, all caps included. I laughed.

• Like x 6
  4. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Just Savannah Things: short, distant trumpet tunes every day at 10 pm and 6:45 am
    i want to say it's the military but i don't think we're thaaaaat close to any base? idk maybe there's just a crazy neighbor somewhere

• Like x 3
  5. Carrickfergus

Carrickfergus abstractor of the quintessence

1. Savannah is my favourite place I've ever been <3

2. I lived in Charleston for a whole a couple years ago. My *cough*trailer*cough* house was a mile or so from the airport and base. Every morning, I could hear them playing ("taps"?) loud and clear through the undeveloped woodsy swampish land between me and them. I thought it was charming.

• Like x 1
  6. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

10pm is kinda late for the end of day call but I could be wrong. I know the base we were on did early morning and I want to say the other was 12-ish hours later, around the time folks were going home. It's been a while I can't remember the exact time.. but 5 or 6 something.

7. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

there used to be a guy in my town who would drive around every morning with taps blaring from his car
    i do not know why

• Like x 3
  8. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I haven't lived near enough to a base to hear taps for something like a decade now, but my room is close enough to the room my sister practices violin in that I get plenty of serenading anyway. (Right now she's doing something for an audition that's not like, actual music, just a bunch of complicated stuff that impresses people when you do it without squawking, or something like that.)

• Like x 2
  9. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

There's a big bug on my computer. This bug, apparently. How did it get in here? Will it leave if I try to move it outside or will it fly up to the ceiling? Let's find out!

• Like x 1
  10. blue

blue hightown funk you up

@WithAnH Hey, well, I hear it takes flight at the first sign of danger :P

• Like x 1
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I hate those bugs, i dont like anything that blends in so well it scares the crap out of you when it moves.

Speaking of bugs though, has anyone ever seen a light green bug before that looks kinda like this?

Sketch22020212.png

Ive never been able to observe them enough to draw more than that super crude and simple drawing, and ive only seen them twice in my life. I call them fairy bugs cause they fly like how id imagine a fairy does. Theyre very small, smaller than a penny.

Edit: WAIT i think i found it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  12. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

It took off as soon as I got near it, flew around making a loud noise and driving my dogs crazy, and then disappeared...somewhere. I haven't seen it this morning. Oh well.

13. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

14. (Customer walks in)
    Hi, welcome to-

(Customer takes a coupon book and leave)
    Okay, have a good day!

• Like x 3
  15. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

It might be because of trump being president now that's causing me to focus on negative things, but I feel like things have gotten worse this week. Does anyone know any positive news twitters/tumblrs? I thought about deleting my twitter all together and just cleaning up my tumblr account and sticking to that. I feel kind of guilty about wanting to delete it though. But I don't have the spoons to divide brain power between my job and doing activist stuff like making phone calls even with scripts. I might go back to just donating and signing petitions.

16. First, Star Wars: Rogue One

Next, Star Wars: Mage Two and Star Wars: Warrior Three

• Like x 14
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I would jokingly protest that this is Cleric erasure, but Jedi basically are, what with channeling the magical energy of an force that guides everyone's lives.

• Like x 1
  18. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Theres apparently an amazon show called Sneaky Pete and all i can think of when i hear that is the vibrator with the same name from Bob's Burgers

• Like x 2
  19. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Update to this:
    Turns out I only noticed the second assessor's mark (2.7 (1 being highest and 4 being lowest with which you can pass)), while my first assessor gave me a 1.0, which evens out to a 1.8 which is a pretty good mark.
    whoops.

• Like x 11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice