Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

A little over a year, oh my god

• Like x 2
  2. kmoss

kmoss whoops

wiwaxia, the spelling jedi,

• Like x 8
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

-pawnces the moss-

• Like x 2
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Goodnight, sweet prince YnY

• Like x 3
  5. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

It took me a long, painful, frustrating hour, but I now have a an amtwiki page

• Like x 1
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Important

• Like x 8
  7. swirlingflight

It's hard to find seemless loops of a cat kneading so I look to videos instead

• Like x 3
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

What the actual fuck is adventure time even doing nowadays. Theres now canon fanfic, written by a different fanfic character that was created by a canon character and thats probably the LEAST weird thing thats going on recently

• Like x 2
  9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh my god I didn't even notice the fanfic of a fanfic character was reading yet another fanfic

10. swirlingflight

They've surpassed fanfic. Adventure Time now features fractalfic.

• Like x 8
  11. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Current mood: challenging people who aren't from the grits belt to try and pronounce 'yaint' then reblogging all the yaint memes

• Like x 7
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Yaint is such a convenient word, i love it. Also i personally feel it has a sort of...elegance to it? Its super nice to hear and say.

• Like x 4
  13. sirsparklepants

I'm frankly loving people losing their goddamn minds over a word I grew up hearing and saying. I just legit want someone who's never heard it, only read it, to say it where I can hear. I will ascend.

Edit: this also applies to y'all'd've. Please everybody let me listen to you squish your phonemes together like southerners.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    • Like x 7
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I´ll try if you promise not to laugh too much :P

• Like x 4
  15. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

I love Buzzfeed, but oh my god this is making me giggle hysterically, THIS LOOKS SO TERRIBLE..

16. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I'd do it but I can say them both despite sounding, apparently, Very Californian. My home region being a tourist trap and hometown especially being a retirement destination we pick of phrases from the rest of the states. (And my mom's half of the family is southern, though they contributed Very Little to anything once I was older than 3-4). I apparently say it too fast though. I can spit y'all'd've right out, my not-an-uncle takes all day to say the whole sentence. :P (He hates it. He's a seriously smart guy, but he has the goober drawl bad even for a deep southerner + that thoughtful slowness that some people just have so just about everyone assumes he's stupid.)

• Like x 1
  17. sirsparklepants

Bless you, I absolutely promise.

My regional accent is actually pretty fast instead of drawl-y, which tends to confuse tourists who expect me to sound like I'm from the coast :P I'd still like to hear, I'm a nerd for dialects and where people put stresses, etc.

• Like x 3
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

• Like x 3
  19. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

not gonna record voice because bleh but my guess for "yaint" would be "y as in yam, rhymes with taint"

• Like x 2
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice