Fishin' in the stream of consciousness (all-purpose, no topic chat thread)

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Wiwaxia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Yeah, it is completely possible that your mom is kind of immersed in "guess culture" and didn't really know how to get across "hey please leave some chips for me, not just this time but in general" without feeling like she was being rude. I mean, in my opinion it came out kind of passive-aggressive, but I also grew up in the southern USA, passive-aggressive guess culture capital of the world. Before I realized that most people preferred it if I actually told them I had a problem with behavior X, I might have come out with something like that, if only because I would have believed I was perfectly clear about my feelings before and people were obviously doing things to spite me and hurt me! (I grew up with it and can navigate it well, but guess culture is fucking toxic imo.)

• Like x 3
  2. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

i'm really glad that i decided to be a left hand masterbater back when i was 14. I just spent the majority of my 10 hour shift swinging a three pound hammer at sheet metal, and it's good to know that the imminent loss of my dominant arm won't be too disruptive to my daily life.

• Like x 3
  3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

another pro of jerkin it with your non dominant hand; when you have to spend the next ten hour shift hammering at sheet metal sans your right arm cause it's hanging by a thread, you will be glad that you took the time to strengthen your left arm through years of vigorous masturbation.

I am made of pain right now.

• Like x 3
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

so in the grand search for things to put in our house when we move, my mom found this website called OfferUp. it's like craiglist except a little less sketchy and everything (in our area at least) is usually dirt cheap because it's all stuff people need gone right away. there's all kinds of things, from cars to couches to computers. it's awesome.

5. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I made a markov chain generator out of my friend Cupcakes.

It has a blog now, run by @peripheral

• Like x 4
  6. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

re:oblique strategies
    and wow, this is a weird one too.

'cause, like, in modern culture, when it comes to fiction, original fiction tends to be valued more - at least, monetarily. like, you know, fanfiction doesn't get that much respect, outside of the fandom culture. so i don't really imagine people would be ashamed of doing it. and i'm the person that was like, "i literally can't create (good) ocs or original fictional universes," so... i don't see that applying to me 'cause, well, i don't have any of my own ideas, in that sense, to be ashamed of.

i mean, like, i do have my own ideas, in another sense. just not the sense that "ashamed of using your own ideas" brings up for me. just yeah...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    • Like x 1
  7. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Holy fuck I knew I wouldn't be able to finish the sprites in one day after I spent the weekend still dicking around with the tiles, but this is ridiculous oo00

8. strictly quadrilateral

9. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I kind of really don't want to get out of bed this morning...

10. SpruceZeus

SpruceZeus 2 spoopy 2 live, 2 creppy 2 die

Untitled.png

• Like x 2
  11. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

So I managed to stumble cross this thing again
    (fair warning: lots of high-contrast flashies)

... I don't even know how to begin to introduce this, except i guess to say
    - one bit looks like a clip from a super classy live action version of NGE
    - one bit is simulated ferrofluid vs. simulated oobleck-on-loudspeaker
    - several bits are some straight-up scp bullshit
    - yet another bit looks like the bastard lovechild of Rebuild!Ramiel and a tanagram set

• Like x 1
  12. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Regarding my fruit juice analogy of genderfluidity, aka every gender is a juice of some sort, and your gender is some kind of mixture of those. genderfluid people get new mixes like, every day. our gender is multivitamin juice.

in concurrence with this, i realized why genderfluidity is not really recognized in germany - in germany, foodstuff ingredients need to be clearly labeled - and that's just not possible with genderfluid people - you never know what's inside.

• Like x 3
  13. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

There are "crispy" M&Ms that are like... very tiny cheap malted milk balls, with M&M chocolate/flavoring shells. I might get addicted to these.

• Like x 4
  14. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Next time I go to an airport I'm gonna just pack my own damn food. Because I'm the kind of person who might, HYPOTHETICALLY, try to buy an overpriced Starbucks sandwich, panic when they don't have it and end up buying hot chocolate so I'm not just ditching without buying anything, and then end up buying an even MORE overpriced kiosk sandwich. Which is good. But like 80% prosciutto. And therefore very salty.

• Like x 2
  15. bbbbbbbb

bbbbbbbb Member

Do you think anyone has hooked up a vibrator to one of those brain wave detector things yet

just wondering

• Like x 7
  16. strictly quadrilateral

I just saw some of the best promotional giveaway stuff ever

This little card with the book's cover on it - but wait! You pop out a little extra piece and ITS A FUCKING FLASH DRIVE

With the entire book on it as an ebook as well as promotional videos and interviews with the author

What a great idea. And it works! I am going to read the book

• Like x 6
  17. SpruceZeus

SpruceZeus 2 spoopy 2 live, 2 creppy 2 die

• Like x 2
  18. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

Con: I can hear my flatmate fapping.
    Pro: this means he's not going to come into the kitchen and find me eating peanut butter with a spoon.
    On balance, a win.

• Like x 2
  19. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I love prosciutto, but too much of it is definitely annoyingly salty. :(

Also, today I got to go to the donut shop near my house and have an egg and cheese croissant for breakfast, and then I won five bucks on a scratcher! And...then I came down with something because at one point today I had the chills so bad that I was curled up under at least five blankets and was still freezing. Body, why. >:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice