Flight Rising/that dragon game

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by siveambrai, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

@raginghearts I actually don't play actively anymore, but thank you for the loot offer! If you feel you must insist, give it to a deserving fire flight newbie this reg window :3

2. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

oh gosh, uh. I've got a -lot- of very different dergs I adore. :o if anyone strikes your interest, feel free to doodle!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Oh lord, I'mma get sucked back into this, aren't I? Welp. Time to drag out the charts and try to remember what the hell I was planning on doing with any of my dergs, since "toss it all and start over" is not actually a viable option. (And some of them were gifts from friends, too.)

4. turtleDove

Things I have now remembered: 1) I was going through a thing where I started naming my dragons after dinosaurs, 2) I have Terrible taste and one of my dragons is named Blingee, because he's got Tiger/Eyespots/Gembond, and it looks Hilariously Awful because he's also magenta/swamp/aqua, but he's tripgened and made me laugh when I saw him in the AH and he was dirt-cheap, 3) I named one Kintsugi and she's Freckle/Speckle/Crackle and she and Blingee have spawned Many babs, and 4) I clearly had vague plans for something with the two nocturnes I've got, because they're both same-gened and I just need a pair of primary genes for the both of them, and 4) I need lairspace like whoa.

So: I need to clear out my lair some. I've got some Unfortunate looking kids I'm not gonna do anything with (I'm pretty sure, anyways? I vaguely recall planning to use them as exalt fodder once they were levelled enough). If anyone wants, I've got:

[​IMG]

Nomingia. Trip-genes, but he inherited his mama's. I'm not planning on doing anything with him that I recall. He's...not completely hideous, I guess? Not my taste, but he doesn't look Awful like his papa, so he's got that going for him.

[​IMG]

Harpymimus. Red/carmine/seafoam, which the crackle doesn't help.

[​IMG]

Albertadromedus. Possibly looks worse than her sister, idk.

[​IMG]

Pedopenna. He could probably look decent with something other than crackle as his tert; I think it's making the whole thing look too busy. He's also only got a tert, I think because I hadn't finished putting genes on his mom yet before I did breeding.

[​IMG]

Coronosaurus! X/y/y. She may be one of the less unfortunate of Blingee and Kintsugi's spawn.

[​IMG]

There's also this kiddo, who is currently unnamed - her mom is Gallia. I don't remember where I got Gallia; both of Gallia's parents have been exalted, so that makes tracing her origins Tricky. I think I got her as a trade from a friend? She's really pretty and has good genes. (Fake edit: she's from a friend who doesn't really play FR any more, yeah. And I love how Gallia looks.)

[​IMG]

And this is Unnamed's sister, also Unnamed. She's doing her dad proud and hopefully looking less Awful than him?

Those are all the dragons I'm willing to sell right now; I have found my charts, at least, and am recalling wtf I was doing. I'm also now second-guessing what I want as a primary gene for my male Nocturne, though; my notes say either crystal or iri, but I'm not sure either of those actually looks great on him any more? The crystal looks very...shiny, and I'm not sure it works for him. (Notes also say crystal for my female Nocturne, but I think it works for her? Maybe? ...now I'm second-guessing that too. Someone else want to take a look?)

5. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

New babies in their adult forms!

3.png
    2.png
    1.png

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  6. turtleDove

Aaaa! Oh my gosh, your noodles are so pretty! The stripey-butt tert looks fantastic on those first two!

• Like x 1
  7. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

So I hadn't been on FR for a while and today I discovered the bogsneaks omg (I'm gonna call them bogstinks). I bought two right away because they're awful and I love them.

• Like x 2
  8. turtleDove

Augh, I'm seriously second-guessing myself about the primary gene for my nocturnes. (I haven't even bought anything yet, I'm just trying to figure out what looks best so that I can aim for the right scrolls.) If folks wouldn't mind, I'd like to get a second set of eyes looking at this?

This is Jeanine, my female nocturne. She's denim/grey/stonewash, and currently has basic/eyespots/smoke. I originally planned for crystal, which would look like this:
    [​IMG]

It looks decent! But there've been new primaries released since I last was playing with my dragons, and, well. Now I don't know for sure what I want to do here.

I could go with cherub and give her a stripey tail:
    [​IMG]

Or falcon, which looks kinda neat:
    [​IMG]

Metallic also looks really cool:
    [​IMG]

And speckle looks pretty nice with the other two genes:
    [​IMG]

And this is Iblis, my male nocturne! He's denim/purple/emerald, currently basic/eyespots/smoke. I originally had crystal or iri planned for him, but the way crystal looks on him is bothering me a lot now.

Look at this:
    [​IMG]

That's entirely too much bling for a derg that doesn't have gembond. It doesn't look bad, just - my brain is insisting it's Wrong somehow, I don't even know what specifically is wrong about it.

Picking through the stuff that's available, I like the falcon:
    [​IMG]

and the metallic:
    [​IMG]

Speckle looks good too:
    [​IMG]

Vipira and tiger both look nice too, but they're not striking me the way those other genes are for Iblis and Jeanine. My ideal is that they both have the same set of genes or at least genes of equal rarity; that'd be really easy to pull off quickly with speckle, but it's going to take more time with anything else.

9. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

@turtleDove If it were me, I'd vote for Cherub for Jeanine with Falcon as a close second, and definitely Falcon for Iblis! Metallic looks nice for both of them but to me they don't have the over the top wow factor which would make them worth the cost, y'know?
    /two cents

10. TheMockingCrows

8DDDD!! I FINALLY GOT THE REST OF THE GEMS I NEEDED FOR METALLIC, AYYYY.

[​IMG]
    precious shiny bruiser

• Like x 9
  11. turtleDove

Shriek! So pretty!

Looking at AH prices, I'm gonna need to save up for a bit for Cherub and Falcon. But it's worth saving up for, and it probably won't take that long? And it gives me time to empty out my lair a bit too.

12. TheMockingCrows

u ok there mod
    also yaaay NotN I wonder what fuckery will abound this year

• Like x 2
  13. turtleDove

I think someone didn't actually check the calendar there before plugging dates in.

I've at least already got a breeding pair of Nocturnes (and I'm willing to share / sell babs, if anyone wants); barring something really shiny, I'm not seeing a lot of reason rn to do much for NotN myself.

14. TheMockingCrows

oh, i think the dates are right. :O there's just other errors in the thing that made me go >W>?

'cause it'll roll over and start sunday and then last the 2 solid weeks.

15. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Oh god NotN again.

16. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

i missed notn last year so im excited for this one

ive been brewing mucks like crazy though in hopes to sell for unreasonably high prices when the event starts >:)

17. TheMockingCrows

1 + 3 snap = XXY, both guards have stained
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  18. TheMockingCrows

also holy shit does it make me twitchy when someone purchases an unnamed hatchie and then proceeds to keep them, give them a familiar, BREED THEM... ALL WITHOUT NAMING THEM.

:FRUSTRATED NOISES:

• Like x 2
  19. turtleDove

Oh lord, I know that feel. I'm planning on naming the two nameless fae I've got before tossing them onto the AH, just to make sure that they don't sit in the lists unnamed forever.

20. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Hello friends, I come bearing gifts. Mostly bogs! Also for the record, the halloweeny themed noc has an Oct 31 birthday.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edit: Also, I see they still haven't fixed the bug where if you use a bog scroll on a dragon, it becomes smaller than a regular baby bog, like fae sized. A+, nothing like a dragon laying multiple eggs that are larger than her own body. I wonder how long we should expect that to continue. Did they ever fix the noc version of that bug?

Edit2: Oh also, is anyone else planning on hatching some bog/noc/rando eggs on Christmas? I'm thinking about using the one bog egg I made. Will probably end awful, but fuck it. My 2 holiday nocs turned out pretty well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice