Flight Rising/that dragon game

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by siveambrai, Feb 25, 2015.

1. raydelblau

raydelblau the giant rat who makes all of the rules

i hail from gaiaonline, where staff violated every promise it ever made and ran the website into the ground, through the ground, and straight into the planet's molten core-- so i might be a bit oversensitive about these sorts of things. but i wish that websites with virtual economies would keep their word when it comes to limited event items. i know that they put it to a vote, but even so... it sets a bad precedent and really throws off my economic strategy. the latter is the more bothersome, of course. :p

2. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Oh shit, yes, GAIA. I was a member from December in 2003 to somewhere in the middle of 2009. It's a trip to see how much it's changed, especially when I remember Lanzer promising never to make the website about the money. WELP.

• Like x 2
  3. raydelblau

gaiaonline is my favorite trainwreck, holy shit. the inflation is unreal and the CEO is like the energizer bunny of destructive greed. i liquidized my assets, bought some art, and got the hell out of there about a year ago. lanzer bailed a few months after the website started going downhill, as i recall. it's all he-who-must-not-be-named (gary schofield) running the show now.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    • Like x 1
  4. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Hahaha, fucking Gaia. Isn't it sort of on par with Neopets re: selling out and inflation? Or is it different because Neopets was almost always about ripping kids off?

5. raydelblau

i was only on neopets during its earliest stages, so i wouldn't know. the change on gaia was extremely abrupt and immediately followed the arrival of gary schofield (i call him "he-who-must-not-be-named" because the website banned any mention of him in the forums. we also called him "goldemort.") here is the article about it on knowyourmeme.

6. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Ha ha, h o l y s h i t. I didn't know it was that bad. Glad I bailed when I did.

• Like x 1
  7. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Yo it's only the last few years that real money can be spent. :(
    Haha neopets was my first online community and I've been playing for ten years now. xD
    But yeah inflation kinda sucks these days, though they did do a few obvious np sinks that I thought were pretty cool.
    NeoCash man. At first it was alright, but now most of the new content is that stuff. I mean I've bought some stuff myself but still.
    And JumpStart just laid off like a ton of people (including snarkie) and a lot of people complained because of it... These days I just do my dailies and attempt to collect things

8. Re Allyssa

wrt flightrising: Ugh I need to be farming but I dun wanna.

9. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

What are you looking for in specific? Maybe I can help.

10. Re Allyssa

Oh, I'm just trying to get the holiday currency stuff so I can buy extras of the familiars to horde. It's not a huge deal. xD Thank you though!

11. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Ohhh, okay. Good luck!

• Like x 1
  12. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

Obligation to farm for festivals sucks :(. Luckily Arena is obscenely good for light currency, unlike some other festivals where you're stuck grinding for hours to get shit all.

13. Re Allyssa

Yeah I've found Arena to be pretty good in general.
    I'm just being lazy and whining about it. xD

14. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

HellfireLover #23435 if anyone wants to add. Low-key RP clan, Fire flight, free nest rentals for anyone who wants dergs with Fire eyes.

• Like x 1
  15. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

flight rising is my jam (I have four pages of dragons help me please help) I mean, uh, lupadracolis there too, #53231

and dang, I may be shadow flight but light's accents are pretty this year

16. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

My husband is shadow flight and he's perpetually chafed over the "welcome to the dark carnival" vibe of the shadow flight apparel. Shadow is SERIOUS DIGNIFIED BUSINESS.

• Like x 2
  17. lupadracolis

(the dark carnival aesthetic is part of why I joined shadow)

18. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Yeah, I don't mind it personally, but then I'm all about Ice Flight, so... XD

19. lupadracolis

oooh, I love ice flight's eyes, they're so spooky

20. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

I confess the whole reason I joined ice flight was for the eyes, because white will go with any other color combo!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice