Flight Rising/that dragon game

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by siveambrai, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Haven't sent a response yet, just got back from work.

...I am really tempted to throw in their favorite phrase, "I just had to say," just to see if they still like it on the receiving end.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

"im sorry but i have to say you look like an entitled brat saying things like that"

"also light sprites go for 55k gems now"

"noiva has a cranial hornhelm u mad bro"

• Like x 1
  3. Loq

I'm mad bro, I want rad horns but I have no dragondollars

Edit:
    [blatantly lies just to see what excuse they'll give]
    [gets popcorn]
    ...does baiting the smol troll/toddler make me a bad person.

• Like x 1
  4. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

tbh they deserve it, even after i pointed out that i have the unopened version and those are very limited commodities (in that if you open it, the value decreases greatly AND you get a non-retired familiar out of it).

if it makes you feel better it's not my hornhat, i'm borrowing it for aesthetic purposes and the friend i borrowed it from has like 3

5. Loq

Collectors' item are not my jam, but. Yeah. Unique items are status symbols, and status symbols require... y'know... status. Like having a lot of dragondollars to throw around. Heck, even opened hats cost a bunch. (...I say, impulse-spending every few hundred thousand treasure on gene scrolls.)

• Like x 1
  6. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

ehhhh....open hats are only 280 gems at the cheapest. that's not that expensive, tbh. It's about the price of a retired festival skin that wasn't popular. unhatched eggs are more expensive

7. Loq

...I think the one time I actually bought gems was when WC scrolls cycled in last year. Beyond that, 280 gems is most of a year's savings for me .-. especially with the gem:treasure ratio drifting upwards every few months.

8. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

Good idea is to hoard at least one extra copy of the pretty-looking skins you buy off the market + festival apparel/familiars, and don't open the festival chests. squirrel it all away until next festival, check the prices, and if you don't like them, hoard some more until you do. Waste all your turns in digging during festivals so you can dig up festival chests, potentially.

sell everything in gems! It's a lot better to sell in gems cuz ur getting a higher profit (yes, sell even the terrible fodder stuff in gems). I always prefer to undercut by multiples of five in case some asshat decided that they don't wanna match the 500 gem item, nooo, it's gonna be 499 gems so i gotta undercut to 495 gems (its a tic of mine i cant get rid of but you dont have to do that)

• Like x 1
  9. Loq

I am mostly funding gene/breeding projects right now, so I need the treasure as well :P I sell batches of coli familiars for gems every few months, as well as any particularly pretty fodder that crops up.

...heh, I totally forgot to check prices on last year's Wavecrest extras. 'scuse me... [toddles off to AH]

I hear you on multiples of 5 though, 'off' numbers (I can't call 268 "odd," it's an even number, but... not-a-multiple-of-5) bug me to no end. [grump grump]

10. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

i have some 1000 or so gems squirreled away...mostly I'm just saving up to eventually buy sprites. Eventually.

11. Loq

I have a hoard, see also: selling coli familiars, but... it's all going towards a Coatl scroll for a breeding project. (Just Ripple and Coatl and he will be done.)

It is also all sitting in the vault, getting added to in multiples of ten, because if I see "1500 gems" on every page of the site with my currency, I am totally going to impulse-buy gene scrolls instead of Coatl breedchange. What is impulse control, how do I save.

12. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

i dont really know what im going to do with my gems. Ig im hoping that i'll eventually get enough for an arcane sprite one day, but that's probably not going to happen lol, especially not when gem marketplace familiars get retired.

13. Loq

Okay, last drama-post, because I am not gonna keep harassing the kid:

Thing I will not say to their face: so... in other words, they're saving face. I am unsure how much the FR userbase dogpiles, but uh. Deleting comments is usually not the way to go, especially since Codie's are still up on both userpages? [SHRUG]

Bonus points: "as you know 7500 gems is a lot"
    bro. If you want the thing... you save up for the thing. Yes? See also, unique luxury/specialty item.

• Like x 1
  14. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

[sits here with the 5k gems she got in about three days NOT by buying them] (._.) [looks at all the retired accents on my dragons] ( ._.) [looks back at that user] (.____. )

its...its simple neopets economics....

u buy the useless stuff now, u hoard it away, then u sell for a stupidly high price, playing the coli in between and selling the valuable stuff while tossing the rest (either to baldwin or hoardsell)

like yeah its tedious to start but...once u start....u start rolling in the dragon cash

• Like x 5
  15. Loq

I am playing The Dragoning, not The Economy :P I am plenty chill waiting for my gems, I made... roughly 2k in three days last year when it Really Mattered to me! I'm more than aware there are other ways to Git Gud Rich.

16. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

no, that was at tittysprinkles "just being curious" over there saying its a lot of money/time to earn

clearly it isnt as we both have examples of getting mad cash in a short amount of time

17. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

It's not even that hard to get treasure if you don't mind playing lots of clicky games. I usually just set up an episode of something and play tidal trouble until I get 20k treasure, put it in the vault, rinse and repeat until you get bored or hit 75k.

18. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I only do this very casually and I've got a very nice stash of gems squirreled away in my vault. Having been around for quite a while helps, but I never was a high roller to begin with.

Just selling the stuff you get out of chests familiars give can keep a person decently padded.

19. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Also, familiar bonding. Once you get going it's a decent supply of cash, especially if you get a bunch of awakened, and the later two kinds of chest give you gems as well.

• Like x 1
  20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

So does anyone in this thread want some freebies? Because I joined FR not too long after it started up and have since drifted away, but I have a whole bunch of pretty dang rare stuff. I have a whole bunch of sprites (no Light, alas), other rare familiars, some older Festival apparel, festival skins, and other items which are just collecting dust in my hoard rn. So! Giveaway time!!

I just screenshotted the most enticing-looking parts of my vault, but if you don't see something here you can ask and I'll check if I have it somewhere else. Also feel fee to ask if you want a closer look at anything or can't tell what it is from the screenshot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also some battle items, nothing rare I think but screenshots are easier than lists and someone might want them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And also:
    • 1 WC scroll
    • 1 circuit scroll
    • 1 gembond scroll
    • 2 Fathomless Hats
    • 1 Depleted Hat
    • 1 Depleted Top Hat
    • 2 Abyss Chests
    • 1 Overgrowth Chest
    • 1 Kite Chest
    • 1 Glorious Yarn
    • 1 Incredible Reflection
    • a whole bunch of materials and misc. items for alchemizing and whatnot
    If you want any of my dragons, those are up for adoption too. There are a few I'm a bit attached to but honestly I could be persuaded to part with them if they're going to a good home. And there is probably some more pricey apparel attached to a few of them (I didn't bother undressing everyone before taking those screenshots), so if you see something you like sing out. My lair is over here! Commence requesting, first come first serve, etc. If you feel like throwing some food or treasure my way in exchange, feel free, but no worries if you don't want to! All proceeds will go to buying ugly dragons off the first few pages of the Auction House and breeding them together for shits and giggles, probably.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice