Flight Rising/that dragon game

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by siveambrai, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

omg.... I am tempt... but should not...

2. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

shoving dragons I want to breed for the thing into nests

3. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

CAN THE DAY JUST BE HERE ALREADY I AM SITTING ON NESTS AND I MAKES ME TWITCHY, I'VE NEVER SAT ON NESTS BEFORE.. ahhhhhhhhhhh.. oh well. AT LEAST I'M EXPECTING SOME HOPEFULLY GOOD BLENDS OF NEW COLORS!

:Flashes nesting ground:

• Like x 2
  4. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

5. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Ooh, are we showing off nests we're sitting on? Here's mine!

@TheMockingCrows @littlemissCodeless You've got some great combos going on - I'm really looking forward to seeing how your nests turn out and crossing my fingers we all get lots of new colors.

• Like x 2
  6. TheMockingCrows

I hope so, god. Because I already like the babs these pairs put off but they're in range easily for some big new shiny ones and wild patterns. :Excited bouncing:

• Like x 1
  7. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I admittedly played it pretty safe with most of my pairs (like my blacksmith pair that already had a narrow secondary and tertiary range), but the imp pair has a really wide range in primary and secondary, so that will hopefully be interesting. I also have a bunch more pairs with wide ranges that I can put on nests afterward.

• Like x 1
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

With Rose and Cuprite, I´m looking specifically for a fae female with pearl and butterfly. Tea and Thyme I know will give me a nice wide range, and Holly and Digitalis have a nice tert range. Faustus and Rosemary, I´m hoping for tabby dragons from, new colours are a bonus. (Tabby dragons: tiger/stripes/thylacine)

• Like x 1
  9. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

[​IMG]
    Fodder pair ft. new color wheel in place

10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Btw does anyone have a link to an explanation on how subspecies work/how to make one?

11. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@littlemissCodeless basically find a dragon you like and make up a story. there's your subspecies.

that stupid drama with the dumb flambebe nonsense started this mess and now its a site-wide trend. It makes money to the few handfuls of people who are into subspecies but as a whole I see most breeders exalt their hatchlings due to no sales.

im incredibly salty abt subspecies as a whole because someones triple jade poitoxbasic dragon is certainly NOT worth 50k+ i can find that shit for 20k on the AH. I bought a friend a dragon for her fandom project, she hand-gened it (a 2mil project because the colors and eyes were incredibly specific so the dragon itself was 50k, but she needed to be regened/breed changed from the ground up), and she needed a specific dragon, and they wanted the fandom dragon in exchange because otherwise it was gonna be like 100k because ~*~SUBSPECIES~*~

the person exalted her fandom dragon. they also conveniently cant sell their subspecies because its an xxy and thus not special at all

IM SO SORRY I RANTED AND IM SURE I CAN HELP ONCE I STOP BEING SALT i just. that one interaction put me off subspecies for good

give me a minute to stop being anger and i can dig up some links?

• Like x 1
  12. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Ok?

I know nothing about subspecias except that holly is in one. Idea for making one came when I got a tiger/stripes/thy bby in a breeding project and though I didn´t keep her, I thought a species of tabby dragons might be fun. I don´t really care about selling or not selling?
    And sometimes basic just looks much nicer than any gene.

• Like x 1
  13. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@littlemissCodeless Okay am back with links. Maybe the might be helpful.

http://frsubspecies.wikia.com/wiki/FR_subspecies_Wikia < They have a wiki, for some reason

http://subspeciesoffr.wikia.com/wiki/Flight_Rising_Subspecies_Wikia < correction, two wikis.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1394488/1 < Someone asked about various subspecies from everyone and there's 22 pages. Might be a helpful skim.

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1638155 < Another discussion, mostly asking about how the flights handle their many subspecies

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1548085 < A person made mention of wanting to make a subspecies, and a lot of people started asking subspecies help questions such as "inflight only or group-wide"

I'm sure there are flight-specific threads about dragon subspecies ONLY from x flight and such, these are just the generals.

• Like x 2
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

But basically uh...I know nothing about any drama. That your friend got ripped off sucks. I´m now not sure if this is a good idea because I don´t want any drama either.

15. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@littlemissCodeless its years-past drama.

Flambebes/Flambobos were the original "subspecies" from fire flight because someone called Flamecaller mather, as in thenks mather for my life.

Someone drew their blue tundra with red/orange wings with the tattoo and people went "lololol its our mascot. Flam mather's bebe"

flambebe.

someone took it seriously and honestly defended the flambebe as a legit subspecies, and people got incredibly buttmad when people said flambebes were ugly

after the drama died, it blossomed into subspecies today. Some subspecies look nice, all things considering. Granted, there were always "subspecies" (such as Snowbellies) that predate Flambebes.

You will (likely) not get drama for having a subspecies, but also generally subspecies will be priced in the 50k+ price range when the dragon itself is not worth that much on the AH because of its backstory. Unless you're pushing the lore agenda, the majority of the site isn't going to glance at the dragon and go "yes this is worth that much" and buy it unless it's a unique color/gene/breed combo.

you don't care about making money off your subspecies, you said, so you have no need to balk. Like I said, I am just incredibly salty to the subspecies wank and people demanding an obscene amount of money for their (admittedly average) dragons. My coloring of subspecies shouldn't be taken into consideration so long as you think it'll make your FR experience more enjoyable.

16. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

slight correction: it was a basic-with-underbelly blue/blue/orange tundra.

[​IMG]
    so something like this

17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

To be fair, considering the number of horrifically busy dragons given genes just to avoid the stigma of basic, having something to make basic dragons a bit less lowest of the low doesn´t seem bad to me? And well, -shrug- People can ask all the money they want for dragons, no one says anyone has to buy them?

Holly is lightening hacker subspecies, which I only found out after buying her. And I tested genes on her, they all frankly look terrible, she just does look nicer with basic.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  18. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

@littlemissCodeless Most subspecies I see don't have basic, they're all gened. Flambebes literally started as a joke, that's why theyre basic/basic/UB.

[​IMG]
    Litherally this is the joke.

Like I said I'm salty because not only did my friend put a lot of stock into the fandom dragon and said fandom dragon was the only way to get her project dragon already-gened and in the right colors/breed/eyes, I did too, and it got exalted almost immediately. It's not a slight on subspecies as a whole but it definitely taught me never to do business with people who push the agenda.

19. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

My treasure hoard weeps bitter tears, but both of my progens are done now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's more, I just gened up Coleus (the coatl, my custom progen) now and bred him to his long-suffering girlfriend on a whim, and they popped out four eggs! Now I might have to boon the nest tomorrow. owo they will all be precious iri/shim/thyla green/blue/red range coatls!

• Like x 9
  20. TheMockingCrows

:WHINES AT THE CLOCK: GO FASTER

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice