Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

if you don't like corn on the cob, you just haven't had good, fresh sweetcorn.

• Agree x 1
  2. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Baby corn. EAT that COB.

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Baby corn is evil. Maybe only because i've had it canned though, and that does horrible, unspeakable, things to vegetable flavor.

• Agree x 2
  4. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

abuses subaccounts for EXTRA AGREE

• Like x 2
  5. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

see, one of my reasons for loving corn on the cob is i have an affinity for messy food that society finds acceptable. I love ribs and wings for this as well (also theyre delicious), there's just something very very satisfying to me of like, using your teeth to tear food off of a surface and getting your hands and face messy with eating.
    satisfyingly carnivorous feeling

• Agree x 6
  6. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

Frozen corn is way better than it has any right to be.

Most frozen veggies just taste of sad, and frozen peas whole edible are a miserable shadow of the glory that is fresh peas... but frozen corn heats up crunchy and happy and bursty.

I like corn.

I haven't found an acceptable use for polenta yet, but I'm prepared to be convinced.

• Agree x 1
  7. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Unpopular food opinion: if it doesn't come in a sauce that's served hot, it's finger food :P

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  8. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Also because I was reminded, cornmeal is an essential ingredient in a good breader for frying any kind of vegetables and fish, imo.

• Agree x 1
  9. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Hard agree, I am the savage that literally licks my bowl/plate clean if i'm not eating around others tho, and tbh eating with your hands is more satisfying anyways. or with just your mouth. sometimes when i'm eating cereal i just stick my tngue out and let the cereal stick to it, also fun.

• Agree x 3
  10. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

Prawn crackers are full of tiny vacuum bubbles. If you let the surface dissolve on your tongue, they clamp on like a remora.

This is also fun.

• Informative x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  11. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I forgot about baby corn, baby corn is valid bc it doesnt do the stupid shell-in-my-teeth thing (I KNOW IT'S NOT A SHELL but you know. the thing. the skin. the hull. the outer wrapping.)

also eating food via sticking it to your tongue is so valid

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

I mean.. you actually *can* crunch through the cob with non-baby corn.

...I have a tendency to eat parts of things people don't generally eat. I eat the peels off oranges before starting on the flesh. I eat apple cores and watermelon peel along with the rest of the fruit.

13. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I have never done that with oranges and very much do not want to with your standard navel orange, but I have been tempted with the skin of those mandarin oranges the market as "cuties" or "halos". Almost all rind and very little pith.

You should totes try candied orange peel though.

• Like x 2
  14. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

Candied orange peel is pretty great, though I do like the uncompromising intensity of fresh peel.

In other news, fruitcake is objectively superior to all other cake.

15. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Candied ginger is the undisputed Monarch of candied things and i stand by that.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Candied
    Motherfucking
    Pineapple

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  17. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Goblin brain: “Can you candy a hot dog?”

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  18. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

I honestly do not want to find out if you can candy a hot dog.

Speaking of hot dogs; most hot dog brands are meh, but a good hot dog is worth it.

• Agree x 5
  19. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

you cna candy anything if you try hard and believe in yourself.
    I do know you can technically eat the entire apple, core and all, I know a ton of people who do it, but I'm a weak baby and can't eat anything too tough, it gives me a sad.
    I think I've also seen like waste reduction recipes that do stuff with the watermelon rind? Never tried that tho

• Agree x 4
  20. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i've always disliked corn but after i spent an entire summer detasseling corn in 90+F/32+C temperatures, i developed a deep loathing for it
    corn: only acceptable in cornbread and similar

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice