Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I'm gonna take all the greek yogurt you don't like and eat it myself

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

greek yoghurt with nuts, jam/preserve and/or honey is like the easiest way to get actual nutrition into me on any given day and I will stick by that

• Agree x 3
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Greek yogurt helps boost my (likely) depleted microbiome with some fun lactobacilli and also is good for protein and calcium. And a great sub for sour cream.

• Agree x 4
  4. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I strongly dislike plain Greek yogurt but if you fill it with fruit and give it a mix then I can eat it perfectly happy.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I've been trying those Chobani Flips one flavor at a time (they're 10 for $10 at my local store, so fuck yeah) and god damn I did not expect to like the "S'mores" one but it's??? Really good?????

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  6. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

what comes to mind when you guys think of comfort food?

7. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

soup, baked goods, biscuits, bready stuff in general, hot chocolate

• Like x 3
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Hot chocolate. Soup? Uh, Gries which is like if pudding and oatmeal had a baby.

• Like x 3
  9. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Mac and cheese (the baked kind), casseroles, fried chicken, colcannon, chili with cornbread, stroganoff... basically anything with high fat and starch content served hot that's not difficult to make

Edit: heavy salt content good too. I don't tend to think of most sweets as comfort foods but I don't generally enjoy sweet things so that's likely a personal bias

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Esquites, gyros with lots of tzatziki sauce, tikka masala, flan. Probably more but this is just off the top of my head

• Like x 1
  11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Warm, stick-to-your-ribs, carb-heavy stuff. Real thick mac'n'cheese, lasagna, fresh bread and some sort of stewed meat...

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Tuna and cucumber sandwiches, lemonade, baby eggs (which is boiled eggs finely chopped in a mug with lots of butter and pepper)

Stuff than I have memories of other people making for me, really (i made most of the main meals in my household since about the age of 13 or so, and I'm the only one who can bake. So.)

• Like x 1
  13. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Potato Gratin, meat, chilli with nacho chips. A type of pasta we always call 'white pasta', it's a family recipe and is any shape of pasta with a white mushroom based sauce and bacon.

• Like x 1
  14. TheOwlet

chili, garlic soup, milchreis (rice pudding), hot chocolate, Klößschnibbeli [yesterday's potato dumpligs chopped up and fried in a pan, then covered in leftover gravy)

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

A lot of the things mentioned above, and also apple crisp, and grilled cheese with either apple or tomato

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

mom's mac n cheese is definitely my ultimate comfort food, unanimously has been the first thing i ask for after trips abroad. fettucine alfredo is also good, also mashed potatoes and gravy. nothing says i'm sick and just need soft warm delicious slowly sliding down my throat like eating mashed potatoes with just your face

• Like x 1
  17. TheOwlet

I FORGOT ONE!!! Keksbrei is the ultimate comfort food (You take a cookie, ideally something dry like a Butterkeks, and then crumble it up, mix it with milk and perhaps some additional flavourings of your choicelike dried fruit or cocoa or something, and for maximum comfort, nuke it for a minute)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  18. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

Big, heavy meals, always hot. Usually involving mac and cheese in some capacity because such is the immensity of my love for it. The kind of meal you would order at a diner and have like 5 dishes to yourself. Creaminess is another big trait for comfort food. Also, chinese food, but like, the fast food style of it where it has That Taste that only fast food chinese does, lomein and dumplings are important aspects of this.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  19. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

this is super interesting!

i think if i’m gonna answer my own dang question, my comfort food would probably be a heavily spiced tea and the kind of brown bread with seeds in it toasted w/ jam and butter

mostly because i associate that with morningtime before anyone else is awake, so i get to just sit in the quiet and enjoy it

• Like x 6
  20. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

besides a lot of stuff that was mentioned, other comfort food for me is like pho from my favourite place plus a watermelon smoothie with boba, a soft boiled egg and thimbleberry jam on english muffins, homemade beef and peppers stir-fry, ginger chicken stirfry, tacobell tacos, dairy queen blizzards, orange creamsicles, ice cream sandwiches, overly sweet earl grey tea, coke and popcorn, and loaded baked potatoes.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice