Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

2. shmeed

shmeed plant me

I really like microwaved red potatoes that have been thrown in the fridge long enough to be cold. The texture is good and it tastes like sweet cold iron

• Like x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Molasses > maple syrup

• Like x 1
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I will fight

• Like x 2
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

shakes an angry Vermont fist

• Like x 1
  6. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Call me an appeaser if you must, but there's room in my pantry for both maple syrup and molasses. (imo molasses for baking, maple syrup for glazes/drizzle)

I had a nice old fashioned with maple syrup in the place of the sugar cube. I can't imagine molasses in a cocktail.

• Like x 8
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh no i love maple syrup i just think molasses is better

• Like x 2
  8. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

thinking of molasses one time at horse camp we made horse treats by combining like, oatmeal and thinly chopped carrots and cubed apple pieces by sticking them together with molasses and those were frickin delicious and moderately wasted on horses

• Like x 1
  9. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

im canadian i get mildly offended by like, "breakfast syrup"

Ive gone to the touristy fall/winter sugarbush thing at the conservation area in my hometown, gotta see the trees and stuff and then line up for possibly-overpriced pancakes with The Syrup and then fight your sibling while on a sugar high

• Like x 6
  10. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

You don't have to be Canadian to be mildly offended by flavoured corn syrup. That shit is offensive. Corn syrup is gross.

It's expensive, but I never make pecan pies with anything but real maple syrup.

• Like x 8
  11. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Has anyone had both butter tarts and pecan pie? I always imagine pecan pie to be somewhat similar (especially since grandma's recipe involved pecans).

12. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I'm not even Canadian and I'm horrifically offended by maple flavored corn syrup.

• Like x 5
  13. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I'm more offended by butter flavored syrup but that is because butter flavored syrup is HELL

also lite syrup

ITS GODDAMN SUGAR LIQUID FOR YOUR BREAKFAST DESSERTS, MAN UP AND GET THE REGULAR SHIT

no offense to diabetics or whoever needs it for their dietary/health reasons but also tbh this might be something i will fit anyone on

FUCK TERRIBLE SYRUPS

JUST BOIL SOME DANG BERRIES IF YOU MUST

I EAT MY PANCAKES PLAIN RATHER THAN DEAL WITH LITE- ok ya'll get it

• Like x 4
  14. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

vanilla flavored maple syrup tastes like death
    it's so gross
    which is impressive, considering how amazing vanilla is.

• Like x 3
  15. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

My experience is that "lite" versions of sugary things are EXTREMELY likely to be incredibly terrible. Lite cranberry juice is an abomination, for instance.

• Like x 5
  16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

lite caramel for dipping apples in is HELL.

• Like x 1
  17. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Low-fat "lite" versions of foods are often just fine, and sugary things that cut the raw sugar content and don't put any other sweeteners in them are sometimes a straight-up improvement (looking at you, chai concentrate...), but if all the calories come from sugar and it's "lite" because they replaced a lot of the sugar with artificial sweetener it will, in my experience, probably taste like death.

• Like x 5
  18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Yes, that's a very good summary, I think.

19. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

One correction: Low fat milk is of the devil. Evil white coloured water.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  20. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

God no I can't even do the low fat "lite" it's terrible! You put my original recipe Gardettos back in that vending machine right this instant, stock man, no one asked for this reduced fat BS!!

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice