Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Love liver as liverdumplings and its related children, or (chicken liver) fried with onions as a tortilla filling, not so much in its other forms

• Agree x 1
  2. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

I adore liver, it doesn't have a weird texture for me at all. Lamb's liver and onion and bacon flash-fried is delicious, chicken, duck and pork liver patés are gorgeous, calves' liver is amazingly buttery and decadent.

I like offal in general, except pig's kidney, which is too strong, and beef heart (tough.)

• Agree x 1
  3. TheOwlet

oh man i forgot about liver pate. And of course: LEBERWURST

also agree on offal being pretty nice, i especially like chicken hearts (in soup) and turkey hearts (stuffed!)

and tongue!

Beef tongue is like the best part of the entire cow, the meat is SO tender

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

liverwurst is the best fucking meat in all of existence and i will literally die for it

• Agree x 3
  5. Aondeug

I love intestines and tripe a lot. On the subject of these kinds of meats. Grill up that shit and it is lovely. Dip it in a sauce. MMMM.

or

the joy that is

menudo

• Agree x 1
  6. Gyro Zeppeli

Gyro Zeppeli Pseudo Anti Cult Leader

Liver is delicious, though I'd add that I've never had any offal I dislike. It's hard to get good stateside, but easy enough to buy and there's a good amount of recipes for it.

• Like x 2
  7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Chicken hearts were a little too chewy/tough for me but I'd definitely be down to try most other offal.

8. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I l o v e beef tongue so much. I also cook with ham hock a lot, it makes the absolute BEST beans and greens and bean or potato soup bases. When it's done it's fall apart delicious.

• Agree x 3
  9. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

I've really liked tripe in pho, very tasty!!!

• Agree x 1
  10. Aondeug

YES. IT IS GLORIOUS IN PHO. Pho in general is.

• Agree x 1
  11. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I cannot eat liver or kidneys. Too much mental aversion over THATS A FILTER ORGAN.

(Also cannot stand the smell of raw liver any more after 5 years of setting up biology labs plus dealing with the rancid remains days later. Permanent Bad Times association in brain now.)

I find tripe texture unpleasant, altho if I could get over that the taste is fine.

I WOULD KILL FOR BEEF TONGUE TACOS RN. OR ANY TIME.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

yeah, kidneys are on the No list for me too, but kitty has a history of liver problems so liver diet supplement she gets :p

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

PHO IS GREAT

• Agree x 1
  14. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

there's a really great pho place pretty near my house I should go sometime

/is hungry now, rude thread

• Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

-i eat mostly red marrow out of cooked chicken bones, and it tastes... somewhat like blood? but i fuckin Love the taste of blood so that's not a minus for me. also i get to scare people by crunching up bones with my teeth.
    -i didn't like beef liver when i tried it but paté is good, and chicken liver cooked in port wine so that it reduces and partially caramelizes and you get that delicious sweet-savory goodness.... is one of the best things on this earth
    -i have never tried chicken heart but the idea appeals to me

what do people here think about chicken feet? i have only ever had them in restaurants and i could never figure out the Polite way to eat them, but i like them.

• Informative x 1
  16. Artemis

I've never had them but I am open to trying it sometime

• Agree x 2
  17. TheOwlet

I've never had them either but i've seen some amazing recipes and would try them!

18. Artemis

Can You Believe Some People Don't Like Sweet Potatoes owellmoreforme

• Agree x 8
  19. TheOwlet

I have so far not encountered i form of sweet potato i didn't love

• Agree x 6
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Sweet potatoes are delicious no matter what (I even eat the baked peel), but in the matter of the Thanksgiving "casserole" version, marshmallow topped or no?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice