Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Half-n-half, for best allowance of marshmallow mixage per person.

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I prefer no marshmallow, I find them sweet enough as is, but I will not refuse to eat the mallowy version.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I cannot do the marshmallow covered yams. I like sweet potato fries and stuff but that marshmallow covered shit is bad. Very bad. It's too sweet and the Wrong Kind Of Too Sweet. Like I can handle Arab too sweet and Thai too sweet. But not this.

4. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

i don't recall ever having tried the mallow-yams fusion but it sounds... not good. sweet potatoes are kind of hit-or-miss for me, probably because i don't actually eat them that often and so it's a relatively Unfamiliar Flavor and i don't know whether or not i like it.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

marshmallows on sweet potatoes is curséd

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Have never had that, but my tastebuds are already staging a protest about this being to sweet just imagining it

• Agree x 4
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I feel like you could do a better sweet potato + marshmallow dish... I think you would need a homemade mallow topping and you would need some sort of balancing for it. Bitter? Herbal? Tart? I'm not sure but I wanna see BA work on it

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

marshmallow version is palatable, but I would pick it last out of a lineup of similar casseroles. not much of a fan of sweet potato casseroles at all, actually. I like them baked/microwaved with fried egg on top

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    • Like x 3
    • Useful x 1
  9. KingStarscream

YOU ARE ALL WEAK AND WILL NOT SURVIVE THE BROWN SUGAR APOCALYPSE WHEN I BECOME SUPREME OVERLORD OF THE UNIVERSE

That said, given how badly BA fucked up their mashed potatoes in the thanksgiving special, I shudder to think of how they'd do sweet potato casserole. :P

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  10. Aondeug

I can take more than enough brown sugar. It's just got to not taste like ass.

11. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

brown sugar good, sweet potato bad
    even frying, which normally saves potato texture for me, cannot save sweet potato

• Witnessed x 2
  12. Aondeug

My favorite use of brown sugar by the by is this sauce you put on sticky rice. You basically stick some coconut milk into a pot, then pour in like so much brown sugar that this seems ill advised and then add in some more for good measure, and to help even out the flavor you also add in a good deal of salt. This evens out the flavors to create this thick salty sweet wonder sauce that you then pour over sticky rice.

• Informative x 9
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. If youre going to have leftover pizza, do you leave it in the box on the counter/in the oven, or put it in the fridge like a heathen?

14. Aondeug

If I am going to bed it gets put into the fridge along with the flat Pepsi. Then in the morning I eat my cold fridge pizza and drink my flat Pepsi. Breakfast of champions right there. And yes. It MUST be Pepsi.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Depends on when next it'll be eaten. I give it a day at most (like 24ish hours) to sit out, or stick it in some foil and slap it in the fridge. Reheating is almost always a must, after spritzing it with water like a gas station attendant to undryify in the microwave. Yes I know it's gross don't judge me

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. KingStarscream

I put it in the fridge because 'leftovers' means 'at least 12 hours between initial consumption and secondary consumption' to me and I'm not fond of my chances with things like dairy products and meat left sitting out for a day. I then heat it up in the oven when I go to eat it later, because I'm not a monster.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
  17. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

It goes in the fridge immediately if at all possible and the toaster oven we need to buy a toaster oven when it is time for reheating.

• Like x 1
  18. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Leftover pizza goes in the fridge and then the microwave.

• Agree x 1
  19. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

While I have left pizza out on the counter overnight and then eaten it, I am a gremlin with an immune system that considers food poisoning a nice snack, so I would neither recommend it to others nor do it myself as general practice.

• Like x 1
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

It goes in the fridge very shortly after obtaining because of food safety worries :') (e.g., get as much as i think i'll eat in a sitting, put the rest in fridge). especially if there's meat, i'm not gonna fuck with that. Also I like cold pizza out of the fridge, although i didn't used to be so attentive to when i put it away

• Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice