Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Ive taken food safety training so I cant in good conscience leave anything perishable out for more than a couple hours. (Eta: i do still let yogurt sit beside me at work for like five hours before eating it, but i dont think its a good idea) Perishable food that is left out overnight becomes garbage to my mind. thats a hazard and i dont trust it

For reheating, frying pan on low or medium because i dont want to get my toaster oven out and clear off the counter to use it. Microwave if im too low on spoons for frying pan

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I leave it out but then I also leave out everything. left out my leftover turkey and gravy in its pot on the stove for a couple days. in my defense, I do live in Maine (cold), and I don’t do this with meat stuff during the summer. and it hasn’t given me food poisoning yet!

3. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

like a gremlin I leave pizza in the (cold) oven until the next day, and so far it's not killed me yet?

• Agree x 1
  4. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Yup, this.

If I have to I will also leave pasta sauce (Bolognese mostly) out overnight because the pan won't fit in the fridge.

• Agree x 1
  5. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Leftovers go in the fridge, partly because my parents used to hammer it home that WHY DID I LEAVE STUFF OUT PUT IT BACK ITS GONNA GO BAD and then partly because working at the lab (specifically with microbiology) just really put me off taking the chance.

To reheat, you put it in the microwave, but with a damp paper towel on top. My twin taught me this. Works on pasta, bread rolls, etc. Anything prone to drying out.

• Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Working in the vague area of microbiology really does a number on your willingness to take chances with certain things

• Informative x 4
    • Agree x 1
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Still slightly on topic, what's the verdict on macaroni pizza? I want to hate it but is good. Much carbs, very cheese sauce. Not good for me but I eat it anyways like the food goblin I am

• Informative x 1
  8. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have never met a macaroni pizza bit I would absolutely eat one

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. TheOwlet

I have never heard of macaroni pizza before, but i'd try it.

• Like x 1
  10. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Question for the class. Is the beef in beef stroganoff optional.

[​IMG]

11. TheOwlet

No it's gotta be beef, otherwise it's be chicken stroganoff?

• Agree x 7
  12. Aondeug

Thank you for agreeing with me and not these horrible anime girls.

• Like x 2
  13. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

beef is not optional if youre making BEEF stroganoff but lamb stroganoff is the fucking bomb and does not need beef to be one of my favorite foods in the universe

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

In theory the pizza goes in the fridge. In practice there are no leftovers (6 to 7 people usually in our house at once plus sometimes neighborhood kids drop by and we feed then too, so leftovers. Aren't really a thing any more.)

• Like x 1
  15. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

None beef with left stroganoff

Ur welcome for this important addition

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  16. Aondeug

i know it from anime and manga, things like that, and boys don't know about it but my BEEF stroganoff is very simple

• Informative x 1
  17. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Fridge pizza is the best breakfast

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Leftover pizza goes in the fridge as soon as is convenient during post-meal cleanup. Hot pizza fresh from the oven is fantastic, warm pizza is delicious. Room temperature pizza that just hasn’t been eaten yet is very tasty. Room temperature pizza that has been sitting long enough that the grease stains are no longer incidental begins to experience a sharp drop in desirability. Cold pizza is absolutely choice, though if refrigerated overnight it ideally needs to be protected from drying out. I’m confused about why I would want to reheat pizza, as cold pizza is so good on its own merits but reheated pizza strikes me as a futile attempt to be what it can never truly be again.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  19. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Cold pizza is gross. The cheese on pizza is only acceptable when warm and melty.

• Agree x 3
  20. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

toaster oven pizza Crispy

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice