Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

My move is usually to eat one slice of cold pizza while heating up another in the toaster oven. If no toaster oven is available its about 60/40 if I eat it all cold or microwave

2. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I'm one of those people for who pizza is a "sure I guess if that's what's on offer" food rather than a food I actually prefer so it's 50/50 whether I heat it up in the oven or micro. I've got one of those big splatter shield dome things so it never dried out for me and otherwise I don't actually find it tastes different.

• Informative x 2
  3. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I'll heat anything up in the toaster oven except pizza. It still doesn't warm to a state where it's identical to fresh pizza, and it takes way too long. And that would deprive me of delicious cold pizza, which would be very sad.

• Like x 1
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

the trick is to microwave it first, then stick in the oven to Crisp

• Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Common food related question, has most likely been asked before:

how do y'all take your coffee, if you drink it at all?

6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Black typically, but if it's a fancy flavored coffee or a suspiciously brewed coffee, I do a couple spoonfuls of sugar. I only have cream etc in like... coffeeshop coffees, when someone else is making me a latte, because I don't do it at home often enough to keep cream on hand, so it's always black or dark'n'sweet for me.

7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Depends. Often black but I've been taking it with lots of cream and milk lately for some reason. I only occasionally get sweetened coffee and it has to be a thing I get at like a cafe.

8. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

With lots of milk (or cream) and sugar, unless it's from this one very specific coffee roastery, that i can have black.

But ideally my coffee contains the three most important student food groups: sugar, fat and caffeine.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  9. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Usually half-n-half, sometimes with sugar, sometimes without

10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

my default is just a little bit of cream or milk, or black if I’m out of those. but also I’m a heathen with no standards and I will happily chug cold day-old Folgers if it happens to be sitting around and I need the caffeine.

I can’t stand sugar in coffee unless it also has way more cream than I like, or unless it’s a mocha or something along those lines.

• Like x 1
  11. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Bit of creamer. One spoonful per ordinary sized mug is enough (liquid creamer only). If cream and not creamer, equivalent amount of sweetener.

More if I'm feeling indulgent. Black and cold if I woke up late and theres some from yesterday.

And during the festive season, 1 part coffee to 1 part eggnog FIGHT ME I LOVE EGGNOG IN COFFEE SO MUCH

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

I can't caffeine because of meds, but even when I did coffee regularly I liked it to taste like cake :) Milk and honey, or condensed milk, or what I called the Coma inna Cup - instant hot choc, instant coffee, enough honey to drown it, no water we drink hot milk like men

I'll still have a decaf caramel latte occasionally when I'm feeling like treating myself? Does that count?

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

Black, but more because I hate the taste of milk than anything else.

• Like x 1
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Milk and Sugar, lots of both.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  15. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

depends on time of day.
    morning is normal drip filter coffee, with lactose free milk (the perfect color is doe-brown) and a bar of coffee date granola which contains chopped roasted coffee beans
    afternoon is a latte macchiato from the espresso machine.
    if i have special beans in the home or really need a nap I will set up the four cup frenchpress and drink that black, but usually i take the milk in coffee as part of the meal process. get a bit o calcium and sugar in me

• Like x 1
  16. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I usually have sugar and cream, bare minimum, but we just got a French press and holy shit I didn't realize that would change the flavor? I like black black coffee from a French press apparently.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

You can make café cubano in a French press, it's one of the darkest espressos you'll ever have (note: I am extremely biased)! Cafe con leche is made with Cuban coffee as well, it's very sweet but also Very rich. I'd go for the cafe bustelo brand to make it, it's a staple among many Cuban Americans

• Informative x 3
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Well, my parents’ preferred coffee is the one they affectionately call “corpse starter” and I never felt the need to cultivate a different preference. I actually like Folgers. They’ve put some thought into the flavor of the results. I’m fairly certain this coffee calls itself coffee-flavored and has no idea why that’s a question. Since we all know I’m actually here for the caffeine, that’s fine. Coffee would affect the absorption of my thyroid meds, so I drink it after I’ve exercised and made and eaten breakfast.

I put a bit of light cream in it, never creamer. I don’t even know if we have creamer. I don’t like it. I usually add milk as well. I always add sugar, maybe half a spoonful?

• Like x 5
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Eel sushi (I believe what I had was unakyu) is delicious, change my mind

• Agree x 5
    • Informative x 1
  20. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

It is amazingly delicious and unfortunately not at all sustainable and demand for eel because of sushi is devastating their populations which is why I don't eat it any more and am very sad about this :(

• Witnessed x 5
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice