Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Just to throw more data in there, we have an ice cream maker - one of the ones with a paddle and its own refrigeration - and it does have a distinct smell when making ice cream, mostly vanilla with a vaguely metallic, cool edge which could well be the refrigerator coolant, but also that smell persists even once it's in the bowl. Similar to the smell of a frosty morning, in some ways. Not sure if it's a true scent or more a sensation, though, sorry.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Oh dairy (with bovine milk) is definitely a smell. And I mean yeah, chocolate smells like chocolate, mint smells like mint, fudge smells different than chocolate...

I couldn't describe it though other than Ice Cream smell. Which is subtly different from Frozen Yogurt smell.

Now self-conscious of the fact that yes I know I have a very sensitive sense of smell heh

As additional anecdata, my father and twin can't smell anything unless it's practically shoved up their nostrils, while my mom is like me, so.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Just a critter

Nah, i think its awesome! I cant smell for shit, so its really cool to me :D

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  4. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I don't want to derail this from The Mayo Discourse but yeah if you ever have smell-related questions feel free to randomly ask me, I don't get to talk about scent enough

• Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice