Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

don't worry aon i am also an autistic canned peas enjoyer

honestly i really like canned peas, i wouldn't always eat them and i like fresh and frozen but canned peas have a texture and taste that i find appealing

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Mango is gross, papaya is grosser

• Witnessed x 3
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Why are the butt ends of a meatloaf so much tastier than the middle part? Would also love to hear general opinions on meatloaf itself. Which meat is best, how do you make it, do you even like it at all?

4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Not to interrupt my own post, but I just came across the knowledge of banana ketchup. Is it good? What do you put it on?

5. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

But end has the best Ratio of cripsy outside to soft inside, IMO

General opinion: tasty but too much effort to make only for myself. I believe my mum usually makes it with half pork, half Beef ground meat

• Like x 1
  6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Just going to leave this here for everyone.
    PXL_20230328_064636618.jpg

7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I mean sprouts aren't my particular cup of tea but that looks like a normal pickle to me?

8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I love several pickled things and I love brussel sprouts but I hate that

9. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

any type of pickled brassicas are pretty normal imo

• Agree x 1
  10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I've never seen these before. Most grocery stores here only really carry pickled cucumber. I've found carrots and green beans once.

• Agree x 1
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Discovery: microwaved scrambled eggs are good cut into small chunks and put in a broth, either by themselves or with ramen. Soaked egg fluff Good Teggxture

• Like x 1
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh, also just to antagonize while not lying, because it is a fight thread: microwaved tea is fine if you're careful and kettles are a waste of money most of the time

13. chthonicfatigue

BLASPHEMY

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  14. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

Oh, don't be silly. Kettles are for making tea; microwaves are specifically for reheating, forgetting, and re-reheating your cup of tea later.

• Agree x 7
    • Informative x 1
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Tbh aside from the cold brew tea my mom makes on occasion I only have tea if I'm putting it in pancake mix as a substitute for water. I intentionally over-steep lady grey so they're bitter and fluffy at the end sometimes, or make them with chai.

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

The kettle my mom had when I was growing up was almost always used to heat up water for cleaning things, no food or drinks related

17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Because I can't seem to ever leave well enough alone, here's a cool history video on Texas style chili (yes here I am again with the chili talk). I'm not through with it yet but it's fascinating!

• Winner x 2
  18. chthonicfatigue

can anyone explain to me why the internet and its dubious denizens are suddenly afire with utter hatred for the concept of beans on toast as a meal? I can't fathom why this inoffensive concept has been latched upon as a symbol of All That Is Affront to Good Taste. I feel like someone influential went 'yuk' and everyone else just ran with it, no critical thought just 'British food bad lol'

Like. If you don't object to natto or beans and rice, you can't object to beans on toast, sorry.

19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Actually I've heard beans on toast hatred pretty much my entire life growing up in America. Even though I have no problem I've heard others say it's an ick even pre-internet. I've always assumed it's cause beans are seen as a dinner food and toast is a breakfast food, and the idea of combining them throws people off?

20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I'm American but have mostly avoided this particular strain of Brit-bullying. Bizarre. Someone should tell them that, say, Australia thinks we're deranged for combining peanut butter and jelly and making "pumpkin pie" a dessert.

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice