Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. The textures are assuredly an Experience (derogatory) but I do like the taste. Haven't had one in ages tho...

2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

It's sweet, but in the wrong way like mango or papaya. I don't know how else to explain it

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

What's the best muffin and why is it banana nut?

Bonus: what's your criteria on the difference between a muffin and a cupcake? "One has frosting and the other doesn't" does not count in my opinion.

Double bonus while on the topic of breakfast pastries: should a cake donut be considered a donut shaped mini cake or a type of donut? In my probably unpopular opinion, it's not a real donut

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    • Agree x 1
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

banana nut fucks because it is dense. also i've found that i generally like my muffins more if they use water for the fluid and not milk. i like my muffins to taste and feel greasy as fuck.

cake donuts are a type of donut. they also suck.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

if it has mix-ins, it's probably a muffin. also a denser texture. muffins are quickbread, cupcakes are cake. if the total volume of the item is at least 1/3 buttercream it is almost certainly a cupcake.

deep fried cake donuts are donuts, but ones baked in those special donut pans are just bundt cakes with delusions of donut-ness

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I disagree on the logical and objective basis that I hate bananas.

As for cupcakes vs. muffins, all you have to do is compare recipes! Cupcakes are made with the same recipe you'd use for a sheet cake, just with the time adjusted for the different shape. They're typically drier than muffins because it's expected that you're going to put frosting on them. Muffin recipes often include something like yogurt, sour cream, or even canned crushed pineapple, and even if they don't they usually have more liquid in the batter than cupcakes.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

banana muffins are fantastic, but crunchy things should not be in muffins. consider instead, banana chocolate chip muffin.

• Like x 1
  8. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

This! So much.

Clearly anything that has chocolate in it is superior :D

• Agree x 1
  9. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

chocolate raspberry, thank you for coming to my TED talk

also cupcake is smaller than muffin for some reason over here. Muffin is the chongy boy, cupcake is like. fist sized (as in, the entire thing is the size of my fist)

• Informative x 1
  10. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Lemon poppyseed my beloved

Also cinnamon crumble muffins

Honestly I like all muffins and whichever one I'm eating at the moment is probably my favourite because I get to eat it

Agree with @vuatson that muffins are the denser variety and that cake donuts are just cakes playing pretend

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Lemon poppyseed muffins are fantastic, but I can't give your post a total agree button because cinnamon crumble muffins are the bane of my existence. It's right in the name, c r u m b l e

I can't stand it if it's gonna fall apart on me

12. Artemis

I like the way the topping grits in my teeth and yes I know that's very weird of me and does not apply to any other food items, but who cares about making sense? not my brain!

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Olives!

Green or black? Pimentos, or no? On pizza, or not?

14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

middle eastern grocery near me sells jars of grilled green olives with garlic which are the absolute shit.

black olives on pizza in limited and modest quantity.

• Winner x 2
  15. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

olives do not exist to be eaten. hell fruit. lovely trees, though.

• Agree x 1
  16. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

This.

Not a fan of olives, but I do like olive oil :)

• Agree x 2
  17. Artemis

Green olives are for delicious eating on their own, or with other salty lil snaccies

Black olives on pizza are a top tier topping

The trees are also very nice

• Agree x 3
  18. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Black olives, Kalamata if i can get them.

The turkish deli that sometimes sets up shop in front the supermarket has BALLER ones drowned in garlic and herbs and i have legit made myself sick eating too many of them at once.

Greens only if similarly drowned in garlic and herbs.

On pizza: the black ones please and thank you, in moderation and ideally some in every other bite.

• Like x 1
  19. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

a small amount of finely chopped black olives really works well in bolognaise sauce

i prefer green for just eating

• Useful x 1
  20. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i LOVE kalamata olives. i am a Thirty To Forty Olives As A Snack person unfortunately. i eat them out of the jar with chopsticks...
    +1 to black olives on pizza, don't generally like them otherwise but as many as possible on pizza for me; i recently bought grilled green olives from trader joes and they are to die for

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice