Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Pesto is the best sauce for pizza hands down.

• Like x 4
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I said it in the su thread but i'll say it again here: meat on pizza is gross.

Edit: except bacon i guess, and only if there is very little and its in crumbles

3. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

One time I had jalapenos on a hawaiian pizza and it was amazing

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

It is delicious. The pesto balances out the cheese and ham, the pine nuts give a slightly sweet, toasty flavor, the tomato slices also provide sweetness and match perfectly with the ham and pesto.

Another favorite: rosemary, olive oil, and potato pizza.

• Like x 5
  5. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

for me, you can put literally anything on pizza as long as it's properly balanced.

i.e.: pineapple and sausage is NO NO NO, but pineapple/sweet hot sauce/sweet cured ham is MMM YES and sausage/mushrooms/roasted red pepper/marinara sauce is MMM HELL YES

• Like x 2
  6. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

pesto + tomato is my fave on a pizza

• Like x 1
  7. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

I'm a very recent convert to the idea of cheese pizza, because why order that when you could have, like, stuff on it... but basically no one hates it, and if you get like a 5 cheese going on it's pretty damn tasty imo

/munches on chicken-mushroom-pineapple-bell pepper-barbecue sauced pizza like the most content heathen

• Like x 6
  8. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

no actually that sounds like it could work just fine because the barbecue sauce bridges the sweet/savory gap and boosts both flavors.
    kinda want to try it now.

9. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

A place by me used to do minced ham all small like what got used for stromboli as a pizza topping too, it was gr8
    But now they do slices of ham like everywhere else and I Miss It :c

Also garlicbread crust 4lyfe

• Like x 1
  10. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Ironically cheese pizza without toppings is like... the worst variant of pizza I can think of. I Am Not A Fan Of Cheese.

Definitely made school pizza parties harder when the person buying didn't want to bother with toppings.

Pineapple on pizza is the Good Shit though. So are sauceless pizzas, and DEFINITELY white pizzas.

• Like x 2
  11. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I don't actually eat much pizza because I am supremely picky about it, but #ideal pizza is pesto instead of tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, goat cheese, kalamata olives, baby bellas, and steak or sausage, preferably on a thin crispy crust. I'll eat a generic supreme pizza or mushroom and sausage one, though, if the crust is good, and my best friend got me hooked on the super buttery Uno's deep dish. I'm just... Kind of a snob because one of my aunts has a brick pizza oven in her backyard, so we'd have homemade pizza all the time over there.

• Like x 3
  12. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

all pizza is good pizza except St. Louis Style, which is a sin against god himself

• Like x 1
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

whats everyone's favorite pizza delivery to get? I'm partial to Papa John's, free garlic liquid is the best possible thing someone could send you with pizza

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Depends on the area. Papa Johns was the way to go at my dad's, but Pizza Hut was the chain of choice at my mom's. Down here it's Dominos, but we usually go to a local joint instead of doingg delivery.

On that note: Mellow Mushroom or Helen Back's? (pls tell me I'm not the only one that's eaten both)

15. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Little Caesars, but we mostly have Pizza Hut, unfortunately. Papa Johns is only for special occasions

16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Papa Murphy's was always my favorite, but I haven't had it for probably 10 years now. There are no fast food chains on the island I lived on, and Papa Murphy's doesn't seem to exist in NY (or IL).

17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Little caesars is our go to pizza because its still five bucks around here and weve figured out when theyre most likely to have it fresh instead of sat in the warmers for a couple hours. Digiorno is our fave from frozen cause its not ridiculously pricey and still tastes pretty good. I like screamin sicilian occasionally but its a bit pricey for all the time and i mostly just get it for the cardboard mustache

Ive never had helen backs but mellow mushroom was the second best pizza ive ever had in my entire life, losing out only to a homemade pizza with homemade pesto sauce i got with a babysitting gig once

• Like x 1
  18. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Dominos and I are no longer on speaking terms after they took 3 hours to get a pizza to me because "they were super backlogged and also their driver was high and got into a wreck/fight'

• Like x 2
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I saw this post and thought of this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 11
  20. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

There's that one article with 50 milkshake recipes, they all sound okay-to-great, and then
    upload_2017-2-20_20-48-42.png

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice