Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

give me all your jelly beans

• Like x 2
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

If we re talkin jelly beans then the popcorn ones are the best

3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Lime and lemon are far too low, incidentally.

• Like x 2
  4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Lemon is a delicate balance, sometimes it's quite good, sometimes it's like eating a cleaning product.

• Like x 1
  5. LadyNighteyes

Yeah, artificial lemon with too much sweetener tastes like soap. (Looking at you, cheap lemonade.)

• Like x 1
  6. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I will Fite for cherry flavor, either real cherries or artificial. Gimme that sweet sweet syrup
    Licorice is Evil tho. So is anise in general tbh

• Like x 1
  7. LadyNighteyes

Artificial cherry flavor leaves a horrible bitter aftertaste that makes me feel like retching for like 15 minutes after it ends up in my mouth.

8. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Moony made me try absinthe once and it was the worst experience of my life, bar none.

9. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

If we're talking artificial flavours I can't believe whatever flavour white freezies are supposed to be wasn't in there. Mmm, white freezies.

@KingStarscream I quite liked absinthe, although it may have been improved by being set on fire.

10. KingStarscream

It just REALLY did not do it for me. I was already pretty trashed by that point too, so it was a lot of me drinking some, wailing about how bad it was, licking my pants leg to try and get the taste out of my mouth, and then drinking some more.

• Like x 4
  11. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Yeah, that sounds about right for absinthe.

• Like x 1
  12. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Note that absinthe is supposed to be heavily watered down and sweetened.

• Like x 1
  13. KingStarscream

It still tastes like ass and it doesn't matter how much sugar you put in it. Airplane coffee has the same problem.

• Like x 1
  14. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

People who can tolerate heat: fave peppers? I love chipotle and habanero peppers. Jalapeños I only like in cheese or when very fresh.

15. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

YFIP: mangos: too much prep for not enough reward. Why is it so slimy. Why does it have such a hard core. Why is it such a liar, how does something that looks so pretty taste so awful.

• Like x 5
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Jalapeños are meant for cheese. They go perfectly with it.

I cant stand a lot of heat cause im a wimp but i do love how a lot of peppers taste. Cayenne is so good in chocolate and well, everything really. Poblanos are great for baking, and chili relleno is one of my favorite dishes. Honestly a lot of the peppers in the capsicum genus are a+

• Like x 3
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Mangos taste like the definition of the phrase "sickly sweet" and i hate them. I hate them almost as much as papaya.

• Like x 1
  18. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Due to the Pepper Incident I don't trust raw pepperoncinis, but the pickled ones are great. (I was ~3, another kid at the babysitter's convinced me that only red peppers could be hot, I ate a fresh one off the plant... and wiping your tears with capsaicin-covered fingers does not help at all.)

The best way to eat jalapenos is sliced in half, filled with a bit of cream cheese, and then broiled.

I love mango, but I'll admit that mango is far more enjoyable when someone else does the prep, and when it gets too ripe it converts into textural sadness.

• Like x 1
  19. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Deep fried cheese encased jalapeños are the food of the gods but my heart burn hates them ;u;

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Like x 3
  20. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I forgot stuff like jalapeño poppers existed, tbh, because I just don't like jalapeño taste. I'll eat pepper jack cheese, though.

I love to start my chili with a couple of fresh habaneros in with the meat, if I know it'll just be me and boyfriend eating it.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice