Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Soy sauce + rice wine vinegar + sesame oil = the finest dumpling dipping sauce

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

HAPPY EASTER WHO WANTS TO DO CHOCOLATE MILK SHOTS OUT OF THESE BAD BOYS WITH ME

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Useful x 1
  3. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

drink their insides!!!!

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I feel like I'd need to remove the eyes first, that is really uncomfortable
    the rest is A+ though

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  5. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

shots shots

• Like x 1
  6. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

if I could, I would

7. Squid

Squid *contents may vary*

Okay so I don't like meat but I love certain types of offal and weird cuts of meat.

I love beef tendon and tripe and grilled intestines and oxtail and tongue!

But I've had people literally gag at me for eating these things. I realize this is kind of polarizing. Thoughts?

8. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Tripe has a very Not Food texture that is distressing to me. The flavour is inoffensive, though.

9. Squid

Squid *contents may vary*

I really love weird textures. Except for anything with a saliva or snot texture. Like the grated Japanese mountain yams. Can't eat those at all.

10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I have had none of those, though I'm not set against trying them.

11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

@Squid

I hold that tongue is the best part of the whole damn cow.

That being said I think the problem is that once upon a time, organ meat was poor-people meat so back in the day when the majority of the population suddenly had access to meat because they made more money (or because meat was cheaper), organ meat fell massively out of favour because now the former status symbol of 'good' meat was available; and nowadays people are thinking of it more as refuse than as a food item which is where the visceral 'ew' response of a lot of people comes from. If you're used to eating organ meat it's no big deal but if you've been raised on like steak the texture and the way that stuff like liver and kidneys tastes different from the rest of the animal can really throw people.

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I would fairly happily try any of those (already had tongue and tail, though, they're perfectly fine), as long as they were prepared right. Access to them may be an issue though, I don't think that most are usually carried by the local store, and butchers/specialty meat shops are not super common here.

• Agree x 1
  13. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I can't speak for the four-footed critters, but I've had food with chicken feet and it's not any weirder than wings.

14. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I have tried to eat liver so many times. I want to be a "eats the whole animal" person! I like eating food in general and there's very little that puts me off! But Liver, and PEAS. I can't do it. I'm salty about this. Tastebuds why have you betrayed me at liver and peas when you're perfectly happy with brussel sprouts?

15. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

I've only ever had liver as patés. verdict: foie gras is kind of gross but probably because the taste reminds me of mushrooms, braunschweiger is delightful and i want it every day.

Someday I'll try liver prepared as an actual meat tho.

16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Whoops I forgot I'm not gonna eat brains. That's where I draw the line.

• Agree x 2
  17. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Although I personally haven't tried it, my partner tells me the best part of a deer is when you fry its heart

• Informative x 1
  18. KaidaShade

KaidaShade Definitely not a horse

I've not eaten it, but having fed it to my dog I would say the SMELL is the thing that would put me off the most.

19. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Cow brains are banned from sale in the u.s due to mad cow disease.

20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Is it pop? Is it soda? Is it a soft drink? Is it all just called "coke" regardless of whether it's Coca-Cola or not? What are those fizzy drinks called? Tell us here (and why your term is the right one)!

They're all pop to me. Sometimes I say soda pop now because my east US coast husband has tainted my PNW speech with east coast language.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice