Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Oh god, now I want mint chocolate chip and I'm stuck at work...

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Pop is what I'd default to; someone asking for soda would immediately make me think of club soda/soda water; coke = coca-cola

Mint is delicious in both savoury and sweet things. (Hummus + mint + grilled lamb = omnomnom)

• Like x 2
  3. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

the kind of mint that people combime with chocolate is good. other kinds are weird and idk why i would eat them :P

4. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Moroccan mint tea is my fave :D

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Watermelon has bad texture, its like eating wet sand XP. cantalope and honeydew are wonderful, but only at very specific times in their ripeness

I love spearmint but cant stand regular mint on its own. Peppermint in candy is a hard maybe, and very good in smallest amounts with super sharp cheddar. Also, i dont think it can be used in food but theres a variety of mint called chocolate mint and it smells like magic.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Water melon is the best melon and mint is... I'm partial to Moroccan mint tea if I can get it and mint and chocolate is a really good combo.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  7. budgie

A dish I expect many people will have Opinions about: watermelon, mint, and feta salad. I'm a big fan, even though the first time I had it I only tried it because I couldn't imagine what it would taste like.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Mint is lovely if applied sparingly and not in the form of tea.

9. electroTelegram

mint chip ice cream is my favorite kind of ice cream

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have a hard time imagining the mint not overwhelming the melon entirely.

11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Not gonna lie I may try that this summer when I got access to proper quality water melon again.

• Like x 2
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Ngl it sounds gross to me, but the presentation and that recipe's suggested added ingredients remind me of ceviche but with watermelon instead of fish

13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Man, now i want ceviche

• Agree x 2
  14. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Oh, I've had something like this! I think it had balsamic vinegar on it too, and it was DELICIOUS.

• Agree x 2
  15. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

It's a can of pop, but i find myself asking "do you have diet soda" at restaurants and sometimes bars, which sometimes confuses the server who thinks I mean club soda. No, halp i just want fizzy non alcoholic beverage with no sugar so i dont need insulin for it lol

And mint is ok, wintogreen is my fave lifesaver flave.

Watermelon is a good, and i have eaten entire slices including the rind. Altho in retrospect thats a bad plan unless i knew itd been properly washed.

Wosh you wabermelonb.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  16. budgie

On the subject of pop/soda/carbonated beverages, who else likes rootbeer floats?

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
  17. (raises hand)

• Like x 2
  18. electroTelegram

im a big fan

• Like x 2
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I like floats, but not root beer ones. I mostly drink weird mixes like birthday cake ice cream and lemon twist soda

20. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

When I was a little kid I saw this tv special recipes for kids where they were like... 'This recipe is the 'purple cow' and it was basically a grape soda float.

I think it's my favourite? I think grape soda goes really well with icecream, even though I prefer rootbeer as a stand-alone pop.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice