Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Uh. I mean. For you I guess it would be but. In general no, since carbonation doesn't cause pain for most people.

2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Fizzy lifting chocolate milk?

• Winner x 3
  3. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I am curious btw, what does carbonation feel like to most people?? And is it something you actively prefer to flat drinks?

4. Loq

It is Disturbing. Crackly and overwhelming. Sometimes I use the disturbing to keep myself awake :p

5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Prickly, painful if swallowed too fast. I used to not like it as a kid either, and I still tend to let stuff go slightly flat so it´s easier. For me carbonation actually alters the taste of a drink, and some things don´t taste very good without the carbonation flavor.

• Agree x 4
  6. Lizardlicks

I like it, but my sensory processing shit is more auditory. It's tingly, but not painful. Just a physical stimulus. There are times I seek it out, and other times I'd prefer flat drinks (juice, milk, water, etc). Depends on mood.

7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I actually generally do not like carbonation, but there are a few exceptions. It does hurt me sometimes, but mostly it's just a very uncomfortable mouthfeel. I usually let carbonated drinks go flat before I drink them. I also happen to like the weird flavor you sometimes get from flattened drinks.

8. Lizardlicks

Side note: anything carbonated going up your nose is horrendously painful, do not recommend.

• Agree x 5
  9. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I like carbonation. It's fizzy but a similar fizzy to how smoothies and frappuchinos can be fizzy because of the itty bitty ice crystals. I definitely prefer fizzy drinks to flat drinks though, because the fizzy keeps me from gagging and I have a very over-reactive gag reflex.

10. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

i like taking bad tasting meds with carbonated soda because the prickly carbonation feel overrides any bad taste

11. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

Why is coleslaw a thing. Why.

• Agree x 6
  12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Because it tastes good.

• Agree x 4
  13. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Because the universe loves us and wants us to be happy?

• Agree x 2
  14. Loq

LIES

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. Lizardlicks

I'm sorry but RAW CABBAGE is possibly the worst way to consume cabbage, I don't care how much dressing you smother it with.

• Agree x 4
  16. Loq

Every way of preparing cabbage is the worst way to eat cabbage 8T cabbage is Bad

• Agree x 4
  17. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

You know what other food is bad? Lettuce. It tastes terrible and has terrible texture and spinach is right there. Why is lettuce the Accepted Salad Leaf instead of spinach???

• Agree x 5
  18. Loq

Why are we eating leaves
    Leaves are for seasonings and nothing else, get your salads away from me, why do they either Cronch or taste bad or both

19. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Red cabbage prepared properly is yummy and I've had some quite good coleslaw and sauerkraut, although I've also had some coleslaw that doesn't taste like anything and is slimy and gross.

And I'm not particularly fond of lettuce, but raw spinach's texture is WAY worse to me. Give me salads that contain neither. Tabbouleh is the food of the gods.

20. The obvious solution is mix the lettuce, spinach leaves and some red cabbage (plus whichever veggies you choose) with a nice vinegarette dressing.

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice