Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Honestly though I will eat almost anything, there are few foods I dislike enough to avoid (that I'm not allergic to)

2. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

... i mean, raw egg, raw fish? that's the only excuse i can think of...

3. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

favorite fruit is probably, hmm.... kiwi or pomegranate

least favorite fruit is granny smith apples. disgustening! >:[

4. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

funnily, though i do like apples, i don't like most any baked apple treats much. mostly it's the texture, i'll eat like an apple pie if it's there, but if there's any other pie i will go for that pie first

5. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

don't tell me there's people in this thread that find the texture of pumpkin pie bearable

6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Can´t tell you, never had any.

• Like x 1
  7. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

it's fine
    pecan pie on the other hand
    rarely up to pie standards, generally mediocre

8. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Lambda You reminded me of this

[​IMG]

My favourite fruit depends on how sweet a thing I want, but mango and pineapple are right up there. Strawberries are the worst and I wish people would stop putting them on everything summery. (Or at least stop making a fuss when I pick them off.)

• Like x 1
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

How about I eat all of them for you, how does that sound?

• Like x 1
  10. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

IMG_20170112_170633.jpg
    Favourite fruits are mango and mandarines (think you call them clementines) least favourite is banana and rockmelon (known elsewhere as a canteloupe)

• Like x 2
  11. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

artificial mango flavot tastes Bad but i really like real mango

• Like x 1
  12. Ducks

I used to live in mango central. Fresh mango is the only option.

13. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Favorite fruit is avocado, least favorite... I'm gonna go with lemon.

• Like x 1
  14. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Ketchup is also done here, but the standard is mayo. I prefer mayo too :) Though you can also mix it together, and that's quite nice.
    In a snackbar you can also order you fries to come with peanut sauce. Which I don't really like, but then I didn't start appreciating peanut sauce until I was about eighteen.

Favourite: probably apples and strawberries.
    Most hated: pineapple. *shudders* Blegh.

• Like x 1
  15. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

... Peanut sauce? I really need to try that, if I can find some. Both ketchup and mayo are done here, people often mix the two.

16. devils-avocado

devils-avocado tired and gay

mango hangups, or mangups
    spicy mayo in a yam tempura roll is p good tho
    using this as a jumping-off point... I have this suspicion that a lot of Bad Fruit Issues comes from supermarket fruit, picked early (sour, hard) and stored in fridges until it's sold. like when I think of blackberries I think of super-soft giant sweet berries picked right off the plant (they do not stay fresh for long but u can freeze or cook them. unfortunately the freezing makes the seeds tougher which is shitty) also, fresh strawberries are phenomenal and make grocery store strawbs taste like aromatic styrofoam by comparison. fresh raspberries are super hard to get in the store because they just plain don't travel well, but they freeze pretty great imo if you can find a good brand. tangy but not too sour.

I guess I probably love good-quality peaches the most, and even mediocre peaches smell fucking heavenly which is frankly half the appeal. recently I discovered that nectarines have most of the good peach attributes without the fuzz or sourness, but the texture isn't the same, so I'm torn. least fave is kumquats - I really want to like them, they're tiny citrus fruits, but the skin is just so bitter and the seeds are pretty big. thank goodness for finger limes filling the tiny citrus niche.

• Like x 4
  17. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

• Like x 2
  18. Ducks

I love all cumquats, but my favourite are oval cumquats! They're harder to find (at least here) but they're from a dwarf tree and are much sweeter than round cumquats from the medium trees or variegated dwarf varieties.

19. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

I can say with confidence that's not my problem with strawberries - they're my sister's favourite fruit and my parents both like them, so we'd go strawberry picking at least once a year and for a few years my sister even grew her own.

(I know you weren't declaring it to be a hard and fast rule, I just felt like sharing.)

I also like how weirdly tough blackberry seeds get after you've frozen them. I put them in smoothies for that purpose.

• Like x 1
  20. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

peanuts are so fucking disgusting that sometimes i lie about being allergic to nuts in order to avoid them

also i like mango juice and mango flavoured things in general but i've never eaten (or even encountered) a real mango so i have no idea whether i actually like them

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice