Food Fight: Mayo Discourse

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by budgie, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

seconding bell pepper hate, they're just so
    unnecessary

• Like x 1
  2. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

[​IMG]

• Like x 11
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Where the hell is that gif from and why is it so perfect

• Like x 1
  4. Ducks

It's from the original Iron Chef run.

• Like x 2
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I made myself a cheese sandwich (wheat bread, boars head american cheese, and mayo) and thought of this thread.

• Like x 1
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

bell peppers are edible raw, and evil spawn of satan cooked

• Like x 1
  7. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Bananas are my main fruit at the moment. I have never been a huge fan but. Man, they're cheap, they're self-contained, they work with my diet....

• Like x 1
  8. LilacMercenary

LilacMercenary Well-Known Member

>. >
    <. <

*has made homemade mayo with bacon grease before* >. >

• Like x 2
  9. swirlingflight

*shudders*

• Like x 1
  10. LilacMercenary

LilacMercenary Well-Known Member

In my defense, besides being pretty thick (and utterly infused with bacon flavor) it wasn't too different than regular mayo.

Also, while I understand there's supposed to be a slight difference in the recipe, I'm convinced that restaurants offering "Aioli" do so entirely so that their customers don't have to face up to dipping their french fries in gobs of mayonnaise

• Like x 3
  11. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

okay re fruits: bananas are the thing I hate most, but I am also not a fan of papaya and dragon fruit. but most of my hatred goes towards bananas and you know why? it's because YOU CAN'T GET SMOOTHIES WITHOUT FUCKIN' BANANAS IN THEM! BANANAS ARE EVERYWHERE! ALL THE TIME! I HATE THEM! WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO PERVASIVE!
    favorite fruit....probably mango? but I don't know, really, I like a lot of fruits a lot. apples, pineapples, kiwi, blackberries, raspberries, oranges, pomegranates, star fruit, canteloupe, honeydew, watermelon...
    fruits I want to try but haven't yet: cloudberry, boysenberry, loquat, lychee, pomelo, purple mangosteen, jackfruit, fig, honeyberry, and passionfruit. so like if you have any mail some to me

• Like x 3
  12. rje

rje here comes the sun

Weirdest food I've ate was probably a fried brain sandwich (sliced & breaded fried calves brain on a bun)...I say 'a' but they served them at the diner my mom worked at so I had em quite frequently cos they were delicious.

This was back before mad cow was a thing so you can't really get it now, some places use pig brain instead tho. Apparently it's only a thing where I grew up, none of my US friends have heard of it.

• Like x 1
  13. chaoticArbiter

....can't eating brains make you sick? or is that just human and cow brains?

14. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

i would try that and i would probably like it (as long as it was breaded and fried since i eat with my eyes first) (which is why i have such trouble with fruits and vegetables. imperfections can easily bother me and thus i can't eat it. which is why vegetables are nice, since most are kind of tougher slash less bruisable than fruit. please forgive my wording i am Tired)

also, raw oysters. not too bad as long as i don't think about what I'm eating too hard. i even chew em sometimes

they taste like concentrated Ocean

15. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

lately ive been dipping banannas in plain yogurt which tastes pretty good

yogurt + any fruit is usually a good mix though

• Like x 2
  16. chaoticArbiter

one time while I was out with my parents I ordered this oyster thing that sounded good but like
    somehow the menu failed to mention they were raw and I was very surprised when they came
    I ended up trying them anyway and I really liked them tbh

• Like x 2
  17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Ok, no, I'll fight you on this. I wanted to like raw oysters. I love raw seafood in general. But I tried chewing it and it was like a mouthful of snot with weird firm bits. I have no idea what the flavour was like because I was so busy internally going "ohgod" and trying to muster the willpower to swallow it.

• Like x 2
  18. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

ok, by 'chew' i meant like, three chomps and a swallow. just enough to get the flavor and something to brag about later XD i focused on the taste since it was preferable i guess. i don't remember the texture being that bad though? maybe a tiny bit of shell.

i think you're -supposed- to swallow it whole but thats boring and somehow more gross, to me.

19. Ducks

Weird cuisine: Moreton Bay Bugs

[​IMG]

20. swirlingflight

It's like a shrimp/lobster hybrid!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice