FOOD THREAD

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Rongeur, Mar 25, 2015.

1. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i think you might've been asking me, not Morven
    if so, no, i don't like apples

eh, i don't like cheese
    stuff with milk in it is good but cheese... not really

2. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

...i can read jfc sorry

3. unknownanonymous

did i misunderstand something? if so, oops, silly me!

4. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

@Deresto - personally, i like their tamarind flavour best, even though it doesn't actually taste like tamarind.

• Like x 1
  5. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Naw, i was headdesking cause i misread who i was talking to and got embarrassed. You're all good. :)

• Like x 1
  6. unknownanonymous

*sigh of relief* ah, yeah, mistakes happen sometimes. it's nothing to worry about. you're cool.

7. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

Yessss omg mackerel is the best. Such a great fucking flavor. Does your local sushi place serve it with that gingery/garlicky paste stuff?

8. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

The salmon soup sounds really good - salmon and creamy stuff is always a good bet. I should try doing something like that from scratch :9 There's a mushroom stew recipe I saw ages ago that I keep meaning to try, and I bet some wild rice would go nice with it...

9. unknownanonymous

i'm glad you think so
    it is
    and everyone else (in irl, at least) doesn't really get it, haha
    which isn't a problem at all but... yeah...

10. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

One does. I'm going to go try another place tonight and see how their sushi is. Just got paid and I'm really craving.

• Like x 1
  11. BPD anon

BPD anon Here I sit, broken hearted

I generally eat whatever takes the least time to cook. I'm in love with Qdoba's vegetarian Mexican gumbo, though. If I were rich enough and close enough to Qdoba, I would eat that three meals a day.

12. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Just got a tin of flying bird lavender and orange black tea, and its bright and floral with a thick bitterness that the sugar melts into this rich smooth taste, and just a little soymilk to make it creamy and balance the acidity and its just. Man. Heaven in a cup.

• Like x 1
  13. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

So I did it ...

[​IMG]

And damn, that hit the spot. Only $28 for everything you see there, and each piece of sushi here had at least double the fish of what I'm used to. Tiny hole-in-the-wall place, with 2/3 Japanese customers. I'm going back. The salmon on the main plate is smoked salmon.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice