Fool's Dawn

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"You're not moving either," Mutt points out. "Are you scared? I can't even move my arm and you're still scared. You know you're bad, and that we can stop you."

2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Her eyes swivel towards the center of the crowd, then she straightens herself up and sneers. "I'm the right hand of a Storyteller. I'M not afraid of you."

Her scythe-like blade snaps from her arm and she lunges - but Mutt is quick enough to dodge.

3. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Hands, huh? Legion said something about that, too. They swing the knife and cut one of hers cleanly from her arm.

4. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

She doesn't stop, and she doesn't quite bleed, either, a sticky, webby substance oozing from the stump, connecting it to the severed hand like goopy slime. Her handless arm still swings, the boney blade on her forearm clashing against Mutt's knife. "Keep trying. I have my Storyteller on my side."

• Like x 1
  5. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Your roll results:
    Your rolls are 4 6 4 5 3 10 6 2
    Your roll results:
    Your rolls are 6

Mutt's not sure at all what the spider is made of, or what she means. They've definitely heard of Storytellers before, but...but not much, and they're not something Legion and Even really talk about.

But they started this and they have to keep fighting. They move in closer and try to cut her throat.

• Like x 1
  6. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

She jerks her head back, but Mutt manages to make another slice, cutting across her throat, but not deep enough to kill - yet.

She snarls, then gets in close, managing to sink her own blade into Mutt's side. (( Take 2 lethal! ))

You hear screaming catching up elsewhere, like...

It reminds you of the first time, of Jack.

Of others.

But... this one...

This one really isn't sounding quick.

Behind you, the sea monster starts throwing themselves against the magic, the women screaming. "LEO! LEO!!!!"

7. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

No time to think of Jack, no time to think of whoever is screaming. They grit their teeth and put all their force into cutting as deep into the spider's throat as they can.

8. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The woman gargles, as spidersilk spills from the wound...

Then turns into a vivid red gush of blood as the area warps, the grand party collapsing as something jerks the area back into shape, and a simmering rage blankets the area.

9. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt sits down, dizzy and in pain but satisfied. They look around to see where Legion and Even are, and if the sea monster is okay.

10. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion and Even are close by, and Legion pulls Mutt closer...

The Seamonster is free, one half trying to stagger forwards while the other fights to get away at the same time.

The other magical walls are down, and Mutt can see people running, desperate.

11. The Queen of Cups

The Queen of Cups What A Lovely Tale

The Queen lets out an angry snarl, storming past Mutt, Even, and Legion, thoughtlessly stepping over the bleeding, broken body of the Spider as though it's little more than garbage. "VICIOUS. I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO KILL ANY OF MY PLAYERS. HOW DARE YOU!"

• Like x 1
  12. Even

Even Smoke Never Rises Without Fire

"...I think we should get out of here," Even whispers.

13. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"....yeah. Can you walk, Mutt? I think we need to get out of the line of fire, kiddo..." Legion urges quietly.

14. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"I can walk." They lean on Legion as they get back to their feet, then grimace as the pain finally registers. "...maybe just slowly, though."

15. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"Want me to carry you?" She asks quietly.

16. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

They nod and let her.

17. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

The pair take Mutt to their own rooms, and set to patching them up, Legion looking concerned. "...how do you feel?"

18. Even

Even Smoke Never Rises Without Fire

Even billows out, coiling around her and whispering a quiet reassurance, practically giving her a full-body hug.

19. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"I'm okay. I killed the spider." They're not sure if the bad man is dead or not, but they definitely stopped him hurting the sea monster. "What's happening? Why is the Queen mad?"

20. Legion

Legion For I Am Many

"..ng... Uh... well.... one of Vicious' friends broke a cardinal rule, I think..."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice