Fool's Dawn

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"I don't want to ruin the party! I don't want her to be sad!" Mutt rubs at their head with their hands. "It is fun...can you help me get up?"

2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion smiles, holding out her hands. "Of course I can. Take my hands. You can lean on me."

3. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt takes Legion's hands and she helps them up. They steady themselves by leaning on the edge of the table, and they look around the room.

4. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion keeps a hand on Mutt, ready to help them stay upright.

There are so many people, all talking and mingling and enjoying themselves - sharing drinks, sharing food, sharing conversation. One looks like a shape made of light, not even humanoid, just a moving ripple in the air, and they're curling around a hulking man with thick rolls of flesh that seems to have no legs, who moves around with the strength of his hands and arms. There are others, too, a young man in a cravat and faded suit with strange, cricket-like legs talking to a girl who looks like she's a ball-jointed doll in voluminous, gothic-lolita style.

The Queen is mingling, smiling brightly and nibbing on sweets, drinking the same fizzy drink that Mutt had been...

Mutt is pulled through the room by Legion, who insists on introducing them to countless faces they can't hold in their memory, dragging their sluggish body around, showing them off with a pleased, prideful smile... it's only when she realizes Mutt is nearly dead on their feet that she tugs him towards one of the other wings, and up a stairwell. "Come on, Mutt, let's get you to your room."

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  5. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt follows her gratefully, more than ready to get some rest. "Am I really going to get to stay here?" they ask as they walk. It's hard to believe how much has changed since morning.

6. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Of course. We wouldn't have brought you here if you weren't going to stay." She smiles thinly. "You're one of us, now, this is your home..."

She pushes open a door, revealing a modest room with a bed framed by thick fabric hangings. "And this is your room."

7. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"I get a bed?" Mutt's eyes widen and their face breaks into a grin again.

• Like x 1
  8. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"You get a bed and pillows," Legion grins.

9. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt flops onto the bed and stares up at the ceiling. This is the best day of their entire life.

10. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion chuckles. "....sweet dreams, Mutt. We'll begin in the morning."

11. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt falls asleep quickly and dreams contentedly of nothing.

12. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The morning brings a wake-up call from shadows and embers, and you hear Even's voice from among the fabric canopy of your bed. "Sleep well?"

13. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Yes!" Mutt can't remember the last time they slept so well.

14. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Excellent."

The cloud of smoke drops down, and bony fingers pat Mutt's hair. "Are you ready for your big day? You're going to play a prince..."

15. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"A prince?" Mutt looks excited, then frowns. "But I don't know how."

16. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"We'll show you. It's going to be easy." Even grins. "You just pretend to be noble."

17. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Okay," they decide. "As long as you show me how." They smile again.

18. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Don't worry, Mutt, you'll be a natural!" Even laughs. "Just be yourself, the rest will come with it."

19. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"But I'm not a prince," they start, then realize they're just going in circles. "Okay. Let's go."

20. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

He chuckles, smoke draping over Mutt's shoulders. "There are fine clothes in the drawers, get dressed and meet us downstairs for breakfast."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice