Fool's Dawn

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

"Oh. Okay." Mutt is satisfied by this, and they turn their attention away from the spider.

2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion pulls him away, leaning in. "...don't agree to anything she or her friends say without talking to me or Even, okay? They're."

She pauses, then growls. "She's bad, like Jack was."

3. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt reaches for their knife instinctively, but they don't pull it out. Legion and Even haven't told them to do anything to the spider and her friends, even if they are bad.

4. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

She squeezes Mutt's shoulder. "...exactly. she touches you again?" Her voice goes low, resonant with multiple hissing voices. "Take off her hand."

5. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

That's permission to do something. They smile at Legion. In their experience, people tend to be upset about getting their hands cut off, and attack more. And then Mutt can get rid of another bad person.

• Like x 1
  6. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

It's two days before the party begins, and you can hear the beautiful violin playing through the darkness of the night. Out your bedroom window are crystaline fairy lights in the distance, marking the hedge-hall the party must be starting in.

7. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt stares out of the window at the lights for a while, waiting for Legion and Even, before finally getting up to go find them. There's a party happening, and they're missing it!

8. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The two are easy enough to find, with Even arguing quietly with Legion while pulling a jacket onto her, despite the clearly angry twist of her mouth. "...it's fine. We'll go, and make sure if there's any trouble, we'll be on top."

9. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt bounces up and down excitedly. "There's not going to be trouble, it's a party."

10. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Exactly," Even agrees, jerking Legion's coat closed with a vicious little jerk. "It's a party."

"...nnrgh. Fine. But I told you so, Even. Remember that."

Even grins. "Of course."

11. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt tugs impatiently at Legion's arm. "Come on, we're missing it."

12. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The skin shifts restlessly under their hands, and she sighs as Even slips forwards, diving into the hole in her flesh he usually rides within. "I'm coming, I'm coming..."

13. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt grins and heads for the party, sounds and lights getting louder and brighter as they approach.

14. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion smiles reluctantly, following Mutt. "You have your knife, right?"

15. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt is a little upset that she thinks that they might not have it. "Of course I have my knife." In fact, they have several, but the bone knife is their favorite.

16. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Good." She smiles. "Just making sure. I want to stay on guard."

17. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt nods. The spider will be there, and she might try something.

• Like x 1
  18. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The party is already in full swing, with the violinist on a central dias, magic swirling around him. Legion stares, then catches Mutt's arm and pulls them closer to her, the things under her skin shifting nervously. "...stay close for now. I want to scout this place out-"

You recognize some of the individuals on the various displays around, including one that's like Even and Legion, incredibly hard to seperate... though those two are the sea monster, bound together in flesh. The top one is hissing, trying to get the crowd to give them more space, baring a mouth of sharp teeth... but surrounded by the same magic as the whirling violinist.

19. Mutt

Mutt Active Member

Mutt sticks close to Legion, looking around to see what else is there. Legion is on edge, which is making them wary.

• Like x 1
  20. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Legion tugs them close, whispering into Mutt's ear. "New lesson. See those wards and magic walls? Someone tries wrapping you in something that feels like they do, you don't make it slow. Take their fingers and cut the vocal cords. Whichever way you think they're doing it."

She steers their little group close to where a girl who looks like a marionette is dancing on strings. Once they get close, Mutt can see the tracks of tears painting her face. "...see if you can taste the magic. If you can't, that's fine. If you can... remember it. Never forget. You aren't going to be a victim of people like these."

Her grip is tight, almost painful.

(( 1 + wits + occult. ))

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice