Fool's Journey

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Mischa Carmin

Mischa Carmin Witch of Light

"I know I know... just... don't give me that grin and tell me it's fine and not a big deal when I can tell otherwise, okay." She takes his hand, looking at his fingers and knuckles. "You know this is gonna hurt, right."

2. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

He huffs through his nose. "Nnnnnh. It... kind of... isn't? I mean. This isn't the first time I've broken something because I can't keep my cool. It's just... a thing that happens!" He hesitates, then grins. "...and yeah, but, like. I've literally been shot through the spine? This... this actually isn't big."

3. Mischa Carmin

She pales and gives him a horrified look. "You've been shot!!? ... ... Through the spine!!!?"

4. Nicholas Pierce

"Uh, yeah. I've also been bitten, had chunks ripped off, managed to get really fucked up talking the spirit that's in my skateboard into being friends but we're chill now. Uuuuh. Recreational knocking out of teeth while roughhousing is a thing, especially 'cause Mike hits hard? That's not even counting the time I ran into a bunch of wild pigs? Uh. It's... kiiind of an occupational hazard, Mischa?"

5. Mischa Carmin

"... your skateboard is haunted??! It didn't smell like magic though. Why is this an occupational hazard of working in an antique shop?? Or... do you mean about being a werewolf?"

• Like x 1
  6. Nicholas Pierce

"It is not haunted. It's got a spirit linked up. That's different. And yeah. Fuzzy package. Uh. Fingers? Help?"

7. Mischa Carmin

"Oh. Right. Sorry." She takes his hand firmly and tugs each finger into place and alignment. "What's a Spirit-Linkup?"

8. Nicholas Pierce

"Uuuh. Well. That's reeeally the wrong word, probably, but basically I've got a motorcycle spirit living in my skateboard?" He grimaces with each repositioning, but nowhere near what she'd expect.

9. Mischa Carmin

"So... kind of like it's possessed? But not in a bad way?"

10. Nicholas Pierce

"Yeah. I mean, it can be a bad way, but we're chill."

11. Mischa Carmin

"That's good." She pats the back of his hand. "How your fingers feelin'?"

12. Nicholas Pierce

Nick wiggles his fingers. "...just about there."

• Like x 1
  13. Mischa Carmin

She nods. "You feelin' better now?"

14. Nicholas Pierce

"Much better," he nods, then clenches his hand. "Tip-top."

15. Mischa Carmin

"Good." She nods, then looks out the front of the truck. "I'm still sorry..."

16. Nicholas Pierce

"Not your fault." He turns the key in the ignition and moves the vehicle out of park. "Doesn't really matter, anyway. Things happen, and there's no way to make it so they didn't."

17. Mischa Carmin

Mischa siiiighs, long and sad. "Yeah..." She stares out the window.

18. Nicholas Pierce

"So. What happened?"

19. Mischa Carmin

20. Nicholas Pierce

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice