Fool's Journey

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Emberlynn Betzalel

Emberlynn Betzalel The Girl With Gemstone Eyes

"We just have to start walking. Once we find a door, I'll be able to crack it open and get us out. Uh. Just don't go off the path, it's dangerous."

2. Mischa Carmin

Mischa Carmin Witch of Light

"Whelp." He sighs, then takes off his necklace. It's a simple hemp necklace with a crystal tied onto it; the quartz carved and knapped into an arrowhead. He holds it up and out in one hand.

Wits 4. Occult 5. Plus 2.
    Roll 1 (11 d10): 10 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 4 - 8 - 9 - 7 - 10 - 4 - 1
    Roll 2 (3d10): 2 - 10 - 10
    Roll 3 (2d10): 9 - 10
    Roll 4 (1d10): 3
    11 successes total

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  3. Emberlynn Betzalel

You feel a pull forwards, and Emberlynn lets out a surprised gasp.

"Holy shit! THAT'S SO COO-OH. OH GOD!"

The world warps, and your path is clear as Emberlynn lets out a bleat of terror. "H...how are you doing that to the hedge? I've never seen it open up like that, I..."

She goes dead silent. "....w...what is that?"

• Like x 1
  4. The Queen of Cups

The Queen of Cups What A Lovely Tale

Fate Calls You Forwards.

The Tower Awaits.

5. Mischa Carmin

"Do what? I just asked the arrowhead where to go?" He sniffs at the air and toes the grass with his foot as he starts walking straight forward. "We go this way... ...oh. Vanilla and..." He lifts his head and sniffs the air again. "Roses...?"

He puts his necklace back on as the tower calls to him, pausing and tilting his head as if he's listening to it, then keeps walking forwards.

• Like x 1
  6. Emberlynn Betzalel

"...uh. well. Damn. So. That's...normal? Holy shit, uh... Kain-zee?" She hesitates. "...are... you really. Like. You're a for really reals witch ?"

7. Mischa Carmin

"Yes and yes." He says plainly, "So's my sister. We're twins. What's your name Gem-eyes?"

8. Emberlynn Betzalel

"....oh. wooow. Ok. Uh. Emberlynn. Er. At least. Yeah. I'm Emberlynn." She answers uncertainly. "...god, these flowers smell so pretty, like vanilla. Damn .."

9. Mischa Carmin

"Hm? Is that what smells like vanilla and roses?" He pauses after stepping into a warm, wet pond. "... eeew." He sniffs. "... well it doesn't smell weird at least."

10. Emberlynn Betzalel

"Yeah. I. Uh. Are you.. sure you want to... walk there?" Emberlynn squeaks.

• Like x 1
  11. The Queen of Cups

The Queen of Cups What A Lovely Tale

The tower stands before you, a point of attraction. You can feel the power thrumming around it, the threads of your fate coiled around, leading to it, time humming and coiled around it.

You know what to do.

Sign your name.

12. Mischa Carmin

"Ooooh..." He heads for the tower, pausing to pick up a Fair sized stone that he almost steps on.
    The tower calls. He knows what to do.

13. Emberlynn Betzalel

Emberlynn grimaces, stepping into the pool. "....are you sure about this?"

14. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Vanilla fills the air and the magic around you sings, guiding your hands.

15. Mischa Carmin

Kainze doesn't answer her this time, hurrying towards the tower. He can feel it, the power and magic. This is here for him. He hums as he gets close, within a few steps, putting a hand out and walking slowly through the waist high water until he touches the tower.
    His name. His name goes hear. Write it.
    He tilts his head, wondering what he's going to write his name with, and raises the rock to start carving a K... tapping the rock he'd found earlier underfoot against the tower.
    He hesitates, rock still connected with the tower, one small scratch in one small point. "What...??"
    He thinks for a minute, then runs his right hand against the tower to feel the indent he'd made with the rock, then puts his hand up, fingers splayed out so that his ring finger is level with the dot. Instead of writing a K like he was originally instinctively going too, he taps the rock against the tower in line with the first dot and his index finger.

16. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The tower sings.

Every tap of another mark into the tower fills you with power, surging in your veins, pure, sweet, and unstoppable.

• Like x 1
  17. Mischa Carmin

Kainze keeps tapping, going faster and humming with the tower in elation as the power pours into him and fills him up, heart racing and tasting sweet vanilla and roses on his tongue. He starts laughing with glee once he starts inscribing the W of his chosen middle name.
    This is his name... he'll carve it into the tower alright, but on his own terms, motherfucker!!

KainzeTannerWisteriaCarmin_Braille.png

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  18. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

The power surges, thick and sweet, the scent cloying.

You hear Emberlynn let out a small, sharp noise of fear...

Then the world twists and warps, and you smell the air of your city...

19. Mischa Carmin

The fire alarm from the mall has stopped by now, but there's still plenty of people milling about outside from the mall, and one fire truck with it's lights on.

Kainze gasps, a little disoriented for a moment at the sudden dimensional warp... and then he recognises where he's at.
    The hum and smell of busses from the bus stop.
    That one annoying fucking crow that's always AT said bus stop yelling at people and stealing shinies from people.
    Plus the smell of wet metal and chlorinated water of the clock-tower-fountain. (plus pee... Homeless people and children pee in that thing. EW. Gross!)
    But also... blood? Lots of blood? Strong and fresh blood... and his sister's voice?

Mischa gasps, a little disoriented as she comes down from her trance, then realises where she's at... "What?" And who's hands are on top of hers. "WHAT!?" She tugs them back to herself and turns around to face the owner of said hands. "Freddie!? What's going on? Why am I here? ... ... ohmygod your ARM!?"

"Mischa?" Kainze steps around to the back of the clock, still clinging to the fae-rock he'd used to carve his name, raising it like a weapon. If his sister's in trouble he will punch a bitch! With a rock!

"... Kainze!?!" She turns to look at him in horror, then checks his arm and the arm of the woman that's with him. Oh good! "What's going on!?" She pats her side. "Where's my purse!?! Ohno! Ohno!"

Kainze turns his attention to the man in front of his sister, face scrunched up as he processes who it is. "You're Mr. Vanilla Herb Merchant, aren't you?"

20. Emberlynn Betzalel

Emberlynn stumbles out of the fountain, golden hair damp. "Oh. Oh god. What... whoa!"

She lets out an unhappy noise, narrowly dodging tripping over Mischa's purse. "Fuck my life."

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice