Forest Run: Warrior Cats DnD (OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by keltka, Dec 10, 2016.

1. The Leaders

The Leaders Leaders of the Five Clans

@ Everyone, can you include your results in your post, if that's alright? jjjust so we don't have to do two rounds to get to the next section

@Amberpaw
    Pass! "Last night’s patrol reported that the recent rain has made the snakes that live in the outcropping of rocks more active and dangerous than usual."

2. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

Sure! Should I edit my post?

3. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

Yeah!! if you want to paraphrase the info so it sounds more like something your cat would say, feel free—that's what I did with the bit about the meadow ^ ^

4. Spectacularsalmon

Spectacularsalmon Enthusiastic dork

Thistlepaw makes a ponder check of 1!

5. The Leaders

@Thistlepaw

Failed. StarClan has blessed you with strengths that lie in another area.

6. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

mosspaw makes a ponder check of 1!

eta: actually scratch that i think mosspaw makes a ponder check of 0? i didnt give him a point in this area

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  7. The Leaders

@ Everyone—oNE MORE THING SORRY, but if you get information re: the situation, please put it under a spoiler! Different groups will get different information (I've set it up on a randomizer!)

Mosspaw would make a check of one! He has 1 Intelligence, so his base check for anything Int-related would be 1. He'll get extra points if he's taken any levels in other skills!

@Mosspaw

Failed. StarClan knows your strengths lie in a different direction.

8. electroTelegram

is hawlflight an acomplished warrior? what's his reputation?

9. keltka

Hawkflight is Cloverpaw and her siblings' father! He's a pretty good warrior, sturdy and steady, and he's a good hunter—a bit gruff, but he's a huge softie around kits, and he's always kind to the apprentices when they're upset. (a lot of cats say he's softened out since Honeyflower got her paws on him, though!)

....he's also a convenient plot device to give the next bit of info for your quest, just like Silverstripe

• Like x 1
  10. electroTelegram

NICE okay using this

• Like x 1
  11. keltka

Oh noooo poor Mosspaw D: HUGS HIM. Don't worry—at least one cat in your patrol will pass the check, minimum!

• Like x 1
  12. keltka

(I believe Panyspaw and Rhinopaw are up next, in case anyone was wondering)

13. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

i'll try to reply soon, i'm just having a hard time keeping track of what's happening

14. keltka

No worries! The double patrol thing is...tricky af

Brief Summary: Moon Patrol's headed out along a trail towards horseplace, following one kitscent. About when the trail goes cold, the WindClan warrior Hawkflight meets them, and informs them that they're to check out the meadow just beyond the horseplace, and the outcropping of rocks near that.
    [Everyone makes a Ponder Check (based on Intelligence + any levels in Ponder you have) to see what their cat remembers about those two areas]
    [When you make the check, if it passes, I'll roll a dice to determine what piece of information you get!] <<<< (it's generally done in tiers—the more cats that pass, the more info's available to you, but we're all apprentices here, so doing it the easier way)
    From there, everyone's cat talks about what they remember about either of those areas!

15. blue

blue hightown funk you up

yeah, it's intensely difficult for me to parse the different patrols intertwining in the thread, is there any chance we could split?

16. electroTelegram

we could maybe try to make them visually distinct from eachother? like when the leaders are refering to the different patrols @keltka could make the text different colors?

i think the one thread idea was to facilitate being able to continue the rp beyond this misson and be able to mix up the groups for later missions, without having to make a new one each time

• Like x 1
  17. keltka

blue, I get that, it's kinda rough, but raybot's right in that it'd help with groupmixing and RP continuation
    also there's the fact that my brainweasels are being really fucking vicious this week, and I don't think I could Handle more than two threads,,

possible ideas?
    1. Color tags - I'll use different colors for different patrols, you guys can tag your posts with the patrol-assigned-color as well
    2. Spoiler tags - we use them all around, EVERYTHING for EVERY patrol is under "Sun Patrol Spoiler" or something—that way you can go through and open up all the ones relevant to you
    3. Headers? - at the top of posts, we'd include [NAME] PATROL, so it's easy to skip past unrelated ones

what do you guys think?

18. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

the spoiler tags would be a lot of work for me to navigate, even moreso than it already is

color might work, and headers might work. i just... yeah. i can't parse what's happening now that the patrols have split

19. electroTelegram

would it be possible to go off script for the next misson and just have one big patrol?

20. keltka

How about we try that, then, and see if it works? Maybe a header in a certain color?

It's actually more on-script to have one big patrol! The problem we worried about there was like...the difficulty of having 8 or more people doing a posting order?
    Is there some way we could work that out, maybe?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice