Forest Run: Warrior Cats DnD (OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by keltka, Dec 10, 2016.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

Eeeee that's great, these kitties are all great, I love ALL of them :D :D :D :D

I'm gonna go with Cloverpaw for mine! Still working on a design @_@

• Like x 1
  2. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

oh no all these cats are adorable look at Amberpaw look at that adorable face

• Like x 1
  3. keltka

So I've made a couple of cats for the RP :D I'm still a little iffy on Cloverpaw's design, but here! I also made a full warrior, Silverstripe ^ ^

Thhhhat said, we might want to consider what we're going to be doing re: clan leaders? Nnnnot gonna lie if we're using our own cats as clan leaders it, would make things easier if I had a character who could be all "YO YOU GOTTA DO THE THING"
    Or we could have nebulous shadowy leaders and deputies! Whatever works :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  4. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

mosspaw! i went for a more blotched tabby look
    i did this in the notes app pls excuse subpar art
    image.jpeg

i think using our own cats as leaders takes away a lot of oportunity for growth and development in the rp? but we could have multiple characters and one is the leader? hmm

i kinda like the nebulous leader option but idk
    or we could do a multi clan mission or something so the leaders arent really in the story? idk if that would work within the format of cat dnd though

• Like x 2
  5. raginghearts

Personally I like sort of a middle of the road option--aka have semi-defined Leaders as NPCs that kinda are just nebulously there and aren't a big factor in the story and probably don't have stats unless needed, but have lowkey personalities and stuff?
    and if we go that route, I've actually got a few old Leader characters that I could toss forth as NPCs for options?

(Crocodilestar would be hilarious just saying because he was... he was a hilarious leader. One of his Defining Traits was that he was Terrible At Naming. Unless given another idea by his deputy, he'd toss -fur or -pelt on as the suffix for all of the names.)

Also baww lookit lil Mosspaw, such a determined kitty

• Like x 3
  6. keltka

AWWWW MOSSPAW

I'm sorry, I should've stated that better! if there were leaders, they'd be NPCs, definitely. Leaders on quests would Not Work with the cat DnD set up

Nebulous might work best, especially if we mainly stick with Cat DnD and not an actual RP thread! (and honestly I could slap star onto a couple of random prefixes if we need to refer back to them eheheh)

okay, so! 'paws are the current main characters, if we have secondary characters, they're random warriors, who generally Don't get involved in the story—it might not be a bad idea to have random warrior secondaries, because all these 'paws are gonna need some mentors—but might get referred back to (a la "well SILVERSTRIPE said that the last time the river was that high, fish LEAPT into their paws!!")

• Like x 3
  7. electroTelegram

yeah we're gonna need some NPCs esp if we're all in different clans so our cats arent just sitting silent and alone while at home

also in the books, patrols were usually groups of 2-4 i think? cats are rarely Alone, iirc sitting vigil before becoming a warrior is one of the only things they do all by themself

8. keltka

I think I've seen patrols up to 6! For quests, the number could be a fair bit higher, generally around 6-8 was the...top I'd say?

If our group gets Too Big, I can run a couple of separate groups—like, they got sent in two different directions or something?

re: NPCs, yup, we're gonna need At Least one per 'paw
    For the leaders, uhhhh
    Streamstar, Brightstar, Miststar, Thornstar?

• Like x 2
  9. keltka

(THE HAZARDS OF SKIMMING WHILE RAPIDLY STUDYING MEAN I MISSED THIS)
    (OH MY GOD PLEASE TELL ME THAT GOT LAMPSHADED)
    (OFTEN)
    ('why in the name of starclan are we all called something-fur and something-pelt')
    ('listen' 'listen' 'my theory is he names us after the first thing he sees')
    ('and the first thing he sees is our fur')
    ('eeeyup')

• Like x 2
  10. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I was planning on vaguely characterizing my apprentice's mentor (pretty sure i'm gonna go with sootfur), because, duh, that'd be a character amberpaw would talk about cx but yeah! nebulous, vaguely characterized leaders sounds good to me (can shadowclan have russetstar, who is totally not a rehash of russetfur, because I Can Dream ok)

• Like x 1
  11. keltka

We could have this be the standard! Unless people wanna swap/set something up/etc?
    But yeah, make-your-own-mentor (IT'S THE NEW BUILD A BEAR) because they're defs gonna be coming up really often

Hrmmm
    I think (and I know it's not exactly what you mean) using Actual Characters from the books might mean Rabbit Holes we might not wanna go down
    that said I'd be game to gank a few character names from the books for the clan leaders! as long as they've A. never been clan leaders before, and B. it doesn't make people feel obligated to read all the books to get a handle on their personality?
    I'm also going to be using the clan leaders to introduce/give a handle on quests and quest assignments, so those NPCs will need to be boiled down to specific personality traits @_@

12. raginghearts

IT GOT LAMPSHADED THE FUCK OUT OF. There was a reason that his Deputy had to step in sometimes.
    And Crocodilestar knew he was terrible at it too, which is why he'd listen to his Deputy's suggestions. He tries but he gets up there to do the naming ceremony and it's just "UH... YOU'LL BE NAMED... GOLDEN...FFFUR. AND YOU'LL BE, HAWK, UH, UM. GIVE ME A MINUTE. HAWK...TTTTAIL."

• Like x 2
  13. keltka

OH MY GOD IMAGINE IF MORE THAN ONE CAT HAD THE SAME MODIFIER NAME AT A TIME
    LIKE THERE'S A SPOTTEDPAW IN HIS CLAN AND A SPOTTEDPAW IN THE OTHER CLAN
    AND THE OTHER CLAN LEADER IS LIKE 'shit better call you spotted, uh...spottedbreeze, because crocodilestar is OBVIOUSLY gonna use spottedfur'

• Like x 1
  14. electroTelegram

there's a policy in the clan that cats cant share modifier names because then there'd be like 3 stonefurs

• Like x 2
  15. raginghearts

XDD Oh my god that would have been hilarious
    Fortunately (or unfortunately?) the forum I was doing this as part of had Rules where there could only be one cat with the same prefix at a time, lol.
    (which is why I've got names like Rhinopaw and Crocodilestar, which I know are not Traditional Warriors Names but when ur limited, you have to get Creative *shrugsssssss*)

... I actually owned all four Clan Leaders at that point in time cuz I was running the forum and the all had different "preferences" for suffixes and could probably ramble a lot about it bUT THAT'D BE A MAJOR DERAIL SO I'LL REFRAIN LOL

• Like x 2
  16. keltka

Pffft. Maybe at some point we should have a Forest Run(S OFF THE RAILS) derail thread. That is a sensible rule, though! probs not gonna enforce it for this thread—so long as there's no double on paws, then we're all good ^ ^

SO current leaders: Streamstar (RiverClan), Brightstar (ThunderClan), Miststar (WindClan), Russetstar (ShadowClan), annnnd if SkyClan ever pops up, they get Thornstar?
    (Past names: Streamtail, Brightwhisker, Mistfur (eheheh), Russetfur (crocodilestar strikes from above), and Thornstep)

Is that okay with everyone?

17. raginghearts

thank u that made me actually cackle out loud

BUT YEAH that sounds cool. I also agree with the idea of us kind of being mildly in charge of our own NPC mentors! Though, with Rhinopaw being a Medicine Cat Apprentice, should I start off with him being a regular apprentice who then gets adopted into the MC life, or should he start off as MC apprentice? And if the latter, would the rule of me being in charge of the mentor still apply, or would you be in charge of the mentor since the Medicine Cat is kind of an important ish figure in the clans? :U

• Like x 1
  18. keltka

Hrmm. I think yeah, gonna change the rule there, maybe? For now, at least! MCs and Leaders and Deputies might be ~up in the air~ type figures, but it might also be fun (if it turns to legit RP on down time between Quests) to have opportunities to RP them? Mmmman this is complicated AF

I mean, to be fair, some medicine cat apprentices Got Up To Some Shit (STERN GLARE AT JAYPAW AND ALDERPAW), so I think it'd be totally fair to have Rhinopaw's leader be like "Y'ALL ARE GONNA GET BEAT THE HECK UP, TAKE RHINOPAW, HE KNOWS HIS SHIT."
    But if you wanna have him start as a regular one, that's absolutely fine too!

19. raginghearts

To be fair Rhinopaw would absolutely be the sort of MCA who would be like "y'know what, nothing's happening in the office den today so I'm gonna just tag along with these other apprentices, maybe learn some shit, maybe catch a mouse" so that'd work! He'd also definitely be of the opinion that Medicine Cats should know how to hunt and fight too, just in case. Gotta protect and provide for patients in more than one way, y'know?

But I think he did originally start off as a regular apprentice, in the forum RP... HMMMM DECISIONS

• Like x 1
  20. keltka

I've been reading through the rules guide, and apparently, most of the time people start playing with Warriors instead of Apprentices @_@ Would people rather do that, or would you all rather start as 'paws?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice