Forest Run: Warrior Cats DnD [Semiclosed RP]

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by keltka, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Amberpaw

Amberpaw Loyal apprentice of ShadowClan!

Amberpaw looked up at Russetstar with rapt attention, then nodded, moving to Sockpaw's side and glanced around at the other two apprentices with a slight frown. She blinked when Cloverpaw bounded away, huffing. "Hey, don't run off ahead!" she yelled after her. Quickly she bounded after Cloverpaw. She jumped onto the tree bridge, and glanced down at Sockpaw. "Do you need any help getting across?"

2. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

[Sun Patrol]

"Hold up!" Rhinopaw meowed, rolling onto his feet and padding after Amberpaw and Cloverpaw. He'd been enjoying the conversations and interactions between all the other apprentices, but... somehow Rhinopaw wasn't surprised that some kits had gotten lost in this whole mess. Kits did love to cause trouble... and that was coming from experience.

As he caught up to the other two, he scented the air, checking for any unfamiliar scent trails leading towards the Camp.

[Scent check, which Rhinopaw has a total score of 2 for]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  3. Mosspaw

Mosspaw Rabbitcruncher

- [MOON PATROL] -

His first mission! Mosspaw's tail twitched in excitement. Brightfur had never taken him on anything more exciting than a late night border patrol near the thunderpath -- sure, being out after dark was fun, but it wasn't a mission. And lost kits! Mosspaw swallowed the bit of jealousy that had reared its head when he had learned that kits were going to be attending the daylight gathering. When he was a kit, they weren't even allowed to be more than two foxlengths away from the nursery!

Which.... on second thought, was probably for the best. These kits could be anywhere, what if they were eaten by a raccoon? Or a badger? Or fell into a foxhole? Or found their way to the thunderpath? Or got too close to the horseplace? Horses had big, bunt, heavy claws that could easily hurt a kit.

Luckily, the scent trail was still strong over the fallen tree bridge -- it split in two on the bank of the lake, and Mosspaw could see Cloverpaw along with Sun Patrol already heading off towards the River Clan camp. He sniffed the air to pinpoint the direction of the second scent trail, and started off in the direction of the horseplace.

"This way!"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. Pansypaw

Pansypaw Riverclan Apprentice

This is terrible news! Kits! Missing! How could this happen? Kits needed protecting dang it, and by gosh Pansy was gonna help find them as soon as possible. They hadn't ever been near a horse before, it was exciting to hear they were going to go near the horseplace. Mosspaw already seemed to have caught a scent, and was heading off in the right direction. Following his lead, Pansypaw charged on ahead. An adventure on top of a rescue mission, how exciting.

"I hope they're alright!" They meowed, sniffing around as they make their way. Over the bridge, and through the grass. Where oh where could those kittens have gone to?

5. Sockpaw

Sockpaw ShadowClan Apprentice

If Sockpaw could have flushed with embarrassment, he would have, skin prickling warm under his fur. "No-- no, I'm fine." Pause. "Thanks." There was a bare edge of indignation-- he'd crossed the tree on his own just fine on his way to the island-- but it was smothered deep by concern (plus, he knew she'd meant well). The first apprentice to bound off, the one from WindClan, was already hot on the trail, with almost excited airs. The humming feeling of An Adventure only put Sockpaw on edge further, though. If anything happens to those kits...

It wouldn't be just a disaster, it might mean the end of peace between the clans.

He hunkered low against the tree bridge as he crossed, fur standing on end as he edged around the other apprentices. Crossing as quickly as he could, he carefully climbed off on the other side, exhaling a soft sigh of relief.

6. The Leaders

The Leaders Leaders of the Five Clans

[SUN PATROL]

The RiverClan warrior Silverstripe bounds up to the small patrol from the direction of camp, looking over the apprentices. "You're following the trail? Good. I talked to one of the queens, and she told me that some of the kits kept wandering off to chase butterflies. They kept a good eye on them, until some of the kits got tangled in a bramble patch, and they didn't notice the kits were missing until it was time to go back to the nursery." She paused, looking back over her shoulder, then tilted her head towards the Thunderpath. "Keep going along side it. There's a meadow further out, and an outcropping of rocks just beyond that."

Silverstripe looked them over once more, nodded at Rhinopaw, then took off towards the Island.

[It's time to make a Ponder Check!]

7. Cloverpaw

Cloverpaw WindClan Apprentice

[SUN PATROL]

Cloverpaw froze, lifting her nose to the wind—then let out a hiss of disappointment. "I've lost the trail." They were a good deal closer to the RiverClan camp, though, and her tail flicked in irritation. "Can any of you scent anything? I–"

The warrior smelled like RiverClan, and she'd come from the direction of the camp, but Cloverpaw glanced at Rhinopaw, still somewhat unsure. "...she's from your clan, right? Either way, I'd rather not disobey a warrior...and I think I heard one of the warriors from our camp talking about those spots."

[Cloverpaw makes a Ponder Check, for a total of 3.]

"You know...I think the forest animals and prey like to gather in the meadow on sunny days like this!"

8. Minkpaw

Minkpaw New Member

Minkpaw anxiously scratched at the ground when she heard the news about the kits, and sprung to attention when they were told to find them. "Yes! We will!"

She followed Mosspaw and Pansypaw over the bridge, then bounded ahead of them along the scent trail.

9. Thistlepaw

Thistlepaw New Member

Lost kits? That couldn't be good. It was her first mission, and Thistlepaw was going to prove she was worthy of being a warrior. Amberpaw may have brought a frog to the gathering, but she was going to one up her by bringing the kits back first.
    Lost in her thoughts, Thistlepaw realized the other members of her patrol had started to leave, and she dashed to catch up with them.

10. The Leaders

[MOON PATROL]

Hawkflight, a warrior from WindClan, hurried up to the small group of cats. He nodded at Mosspaw, then looked the others over—two newly made apprentices? This...might be difficult. "Other warriors have passed through here, and they haven't been able to track the trail much farther. One of our queens mentioned...butterflies? And kits stuck in a bramble patch. She was rather upset." The gruff warrior's obviously worried himself, with the way he keeps scanning the territory. "Can you check the meadow next to the horseplace? And the rock outcropping just beyond it?"

He nods at them, then sprints off towards the Island.

[It's time to make a Ponder Check!]

11. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

[SUN PATROL]

Amberpaw followed quickly after Sockpaw and caught up with the others as they followed the scent trail. When they lost it, Amberpaw opened her mouth to try and catch the scent trail again. "The meadow, huh? I wouldn't be surprised if they headed that way, yeah.."
    she shifts. "I'm worried about the rocks, though.. with the recent rain, the snakes that sun there will be more active! A kit could get hurt.."

12. Mosspaw

Mosspaw Rabbitcruncher

- [MOON PATROL] -

Mosspaw hesitated -- he knew where the horseplace was, sure, and he knew where the rock outcropping (perfect for sunbathing, as long as Brightfur didn't catch him) was too, but the scent trail of the lost kits had gotten tangled with the trails of two rabbits and with a mounting feeling of dread he realized that he had accidentally followed the rabbits.

Thank StarClan Hawkflight had already sprinted away, the last thing Mosspaw needed was news of this bunder making it's way to Cloverpaw's ears! The situation did, however, need to be fixed. He turned to the other apprentices, "I, um, kind of lost the trail. We're actually following a family of rabbits. Can any of you find it?"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  13. raginghearts

raginghearts Well-Known Member

[Sun Patrol]

Rhinopaw merely nodded back at Silverstripe, acknowledging the warrior.

"Yeah, that's Silverstripe," Rhinopaw answered Cloverpaw. "We should probably listen to her, she knows her stuff."

He nodded to both Cloverpaw and Amberpaw as they contributed their tidbits of information. "Yeah, both of those make sense..." he said out loud, wracking his mind for more information to contribute.

[Rhinopaw gets a Ponder score of 3]
    "Hmm... now that I think about it, there’s been a strong wind blowing from the meadow toward the outcropping of rocks the past few days. If the kits were chasing butterflies, maybe the wind blew them closer to those rocks?" he added.

14. Sockpaw

[MOON PATROL]
    [Hahah JK when you roll such a low ponder score you forget you're on]
    [SUN PATROL]
    [my bad.]

[Sockpaw makes a Ponder Check, for a total of... 1.]

Sockpaw kneaded at the ground anxiously. Never having been further South than the island, Sockpaw didn't even know there was a Thunderpath near RiverClan, besides the small one that made up the border between it ShadowClan, until this meeting. He also didn't have any particular information to contribute, especially with how his mind kept relentlessly wandering back to the lost kits. --Oh, StarClan, hopefully they didn't go too near the Thunderpath-- he barely contained a distressed whine.

• Like x 1
  15. Cloverpaw

[SUN PATROL]

Tail twitching, Cloverpaw looks past the far off meadow, to the outcropping of rocks in the distance. "The rocks have my vote, then. I'd rather check out the danger—with luck, they won't be anywhere near it. We should hurry, before anything else happens!" While the meadow seemed more interesting in general, there was always the chance that the kits had wandered into trouble...as they so often did.

Not that she had ever been any trouble as a kit.

16. Amberpaw

Amberpaw Loyal apprentice of ShadowClan!

Amberpaw frowns. "I agree- if the kits are in the meadow they're more likely safe for longer. We have to be careful to watch out for snakes ourselves, though!" her fur fluffed up, muscles tensed and ready to charge to the rocks as soon as everyone agreed.

17. Rhinopaw

Rhinopaw New Member

[Sun Patrol]

"Alright, the rocks it is," Rhinopaw meowed, turning in the direction he remembered them being. He flicked his tail, gesturing for the other three apprentices to follow, and began padding away.

"Stick close and try not to get lost--Duskstorm'll have my hide if I lose a bunch of other clan apprentices on top of losing the trail for the kits!"

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  18. Sockpaw

Sockpaw couldn't help but roll his eyes to himself at that one, stubby tail flicking once in irritation at the suggestion they were just going to scatter and get lost. He may not be the smartest apprentice, but he wasn't a kit, either! Despite his reservations, he still trotted after Rhinopaw, glancing once over his shoulder to see if the others were doing the same.

19. The Leaders

[SUN PATROL]

“As you come out from the woods pass by the streams and trees, alongside the Thunderpath, you can see a cliff that is so tall and rocky it almost looks like it was built by some Twolegs. There are other hills around the territories like this, and you know that they’re all dangerous. Rocks sometimes fall from the tops; snakes and biting insects live in the nooks and crannies. And even without that, the rocks never get enough sun to make them worth even taking a nap on.”

You can tell that the kits did wander this way—their pawprints are all over the place—but there are so many pawprints that it's difficult to tell exactly where the kits went.
    It's time for a check!

[You can use any kind of Skill Check you want here—one per turn is the only rule. Try to play to your strengths! Also, feel free to use a Knack, if you think it will help.]

20. Cloverpaw

[SUN PATROL]

[Cloverpaw makes a Listen Check of 3.]

"Who made him the leader," she mutters under her breath—then the wind catches up a faint sound, and Cloverpaw freezes, trying to listen more carefully. "I...I think I hear them!! They sound really faint, though—and faraway!" Cloverpaw stretches up on her hind legs, her ears twitching, as she tries to make sense of the sounds (or lack thereof) she's hearing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice