Forum Emoji Request Thread: By vaguely popular request.

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Snitchanon, Mar 29, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I really like the bandwagon one, wow. Scarequotes and horrified chinhands are also good.

Major request that we not have bloody ones or very fast moving ones. I like my kintsugi experience to be visually chill and without gore.

• Like x 3
  2. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  3. swirlingflight

Okay I am going to make a new thread ith all the requests made thus far because we've got duplicates going.

And if some aren't made official, we can still just insert them as images.

4. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I think just a collectionpost in this thread to report would be the best for non-clutter, non-confusion and non-duplicates.

5. Snitchanon

Snitchanon What's a mod to a nonbeliever.

Notion: I rename this thread to "Forum Emoji: Discussion and Suggestions" and the other thread is limited to images/suggested policy only, quoted/crossposted from this thread.

• Like x 2
  6. swirlingflight

Yeah. This thread has been driving me absolutely insane lately. There's a whole lot of "look at this cool emote/reaction image I found!!" ...without people using them. Like, the psyduck one, I started using before this thread ever existed, because it's one of my Plurk emotes. Other people started using it too, and someone else requested it be added.

So I think we've got a few very different purposes going on in this thread. One is people showing emotes that they would like to have, one is people asking if others would want to use these emotes, and one is asking the mods to make things into official emotes. And when they're all in the same thread, it is very confusing!

• Like x 1
  7. swirlingflight

A request: Does anyone know of a way that I could block images with adblock or something, but still have something to show what emote was there? There are times I do not want to deal with moving images, but I don't want to be the jerk who's asking everyone to not submit them.

8. swirlingflight

Guess who has two thumbs and forgot there's a 20 images per post max?

This is gonna take a little while.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  9. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

yes. that.

10. swirlingflight

My master list has nearly all the requests from this thread. I deliberately excluded a couple decapitation ones because I won't ever use them. I'll add other suggestions from this thread to it.

11. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

• Like x 1
  12. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

i don't know the process for making emojis, i'll have to get seebs to teach me at some point, but i do think organizing them by size would be a good idea. we wouldn't have to number each image, just stick a 1 in front of the name for small, a 2 for medium, and a 3 for large.

• Like x 6
  13. swirlingflight

14. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

Tried to resize this a bit for use as an emoji
    atticronus2.png

• Like x 3
  15. Rongeur

Rongeur ~Heartless Bitch Extraordinaire~

can you use my cleaned versions for the D: faces? I wanna try and clean some of the other gifs up later, because I just realized that they're full of artifacts on mobile and it's pissing me off.

16. swirlingflight

Which are the cleaned up versions? (I'm trying to keep the master list thread be purely for posts of images, not discussion of them)

17. Rongeur

18. swirlingflight

Okay. I'm not adding the decapitation one. But I believe I've replaced all the versions in my thread with the versions from that post. Doublecheck if there's any artifacts left.

eta: I'm being more curt than I wanted to be, and I apologize for that. I'm not sure which of the emotes in the post you quoted are the D: ones, so I copied and replaced every one of them except for the decapitation one. I haven't seen the artifacts problem that you said is pissing you off, so I don't know if the changes I made fixed the problem. Is it better now?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  19. Rongeur

Yeah, that works! I'm sure it's not a problem with anything you did - it's just that I uploaded them on desktop, but didn't realize that they displayed with artifacts on mobile. I'll tinker with them some in GIMP when I get home.

20. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

[​IMG]
    i took this fucking screencap watching a bootleg recording of finding dory and i keep screaming please let this be an emoji

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice