Founding Father Fandom: Hamilton

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by prismaticvoid, Jan 24, 2016.

1. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

the tour is coming to a city near me and tickets went on sale today but they already sold out sobs

i was online at 10am when it opened but there were still like 50+k people in the queue ahead of me rip

2. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

i done a thing
    "At least my dear Eliza's his wife..."
    [​IMG]
    "At least I keep his eyes in my life..."
    [​IMG]
    (it's Janelle Monae as Angelica and Ashly Burch as Laurens and I'm also working on Nicki Minaj as Washington because, again, cur non?)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    • Like x 7
  3. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

heyo! posting here for Purposes
    god what a good musical

• Like x 6
  4. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Y'all I'm finally listening to the Hamilton Mixtape and holy shit it is so good

• Like x 4
  5. Morgan Jae

Morgan Jae pecure. sontain. crotect.

so, uh..............how bout sia's rendition of satisfied

• Like x 1
  6. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

im finally listening to it rn guys and just omg omg omg the second i got to lin's verse from wrote my way out it was over

i'm listening to it right now!! at first it threw me because i have this thing if cover versions of musical songs aren't The Exact Same but i'm kinda into it??

i haven't listened to the whole thing yet so i might be wrong but i kinda wish at least one of the songs was changed just a tiny bit to be queer maybe? even just having a female vocalist singing one of the guy's parts would've been neato

edit: and literally the next song is regina spektor singing dear theodosia god this album is a gift

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    • Like x 3
  7. prismaticvoid

@Choco havent finished listening yet but Kelly Clarkson sings Lin's part in It's Quiet Uptown and it was the first time she has made me Feel Things

• Like x 4
  8. prismaticvoid

Anyone wanna see a guy do a figure skating routine to You'll Be Back? (You totally do)
    Fair warning: the song is edited for length so if you are like me and wig out when something doesn't go the way it's supposed to, use your judgment.

• Like x 5
  9. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

oh my god that is amazing

10. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

Thank you so much for including this warning! I often wig out about that, so while it was still a little jarring, I enjoyed the video WAY more than I would've if I hadn't had any prior notice about the editing :)

• Like x 3
  11. baskerville

baskerville Well-Known Member

im not sure if this has been mentioned yet because i am way too lazy to read through 13 pages

but i think that someone's favorite hamilton song says a lot about them and i should probably make a quiz. or we could do a poll.

• Like x 5
  12. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I mean. My favorite is Wait For It and I definitely think that says a lot about me

• Like x 3
  13. prismaticvoid

That would require me to pick a favorite XD
    (I can pick favorites for individual characters, i.e. Hurricane is my favorite Hamilton-centered song but like an overall favorite would be asking me to choose which child I like best)

• Like x 4
  14. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Man I love a lot of the songs... Yorktown, maybe?

15. prismaticvoid

Yorktown is absolutely my favorite from a get-fuckin-pumped perspective!

• Like x 1
  16. IndigoRiffRaff

IndigoRiffRaff FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Wait For It is probably my favorite. I really really really like Burn and Hurricane and Satisfied too
    Same! I listen to it whenever I can if I gotta do A Stressful Thing and it helps a lot

• Like x 1
  17. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

my favorite is....honestly probably History Has Its Eyes On You

• Like x 1
  18. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

My very most favorites are The Schuyler Sisters or Satisfied (or Burn or Take A Break or....)

• Like x 1
  19. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I think my favorite is My Shot
    I like so many of them though xD

20. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I'm also Wait for It trash, which is the only reason why this isn't an impossible question to answer. Other favorites, in order: That Would Be Enough is something I personally feel very deeply, Your Obedient Servant accidentally appeals to me by being everything I like (and is the song that made me listen to Hamilton because I heard the first ~45 seconds, stopped the track, and opened the first song of the musical so I could listen to the whole damn thing because there was no way I was going to listen to a song with burns that good without proper context), and Washington On Your Side pumps me up absurdly, partly because of my Diggs Lust and partly because oh my word, have you listened to it? Those tight harmonies? That flow? Damn. I admire that song.

Also, I saw Moana last night. The Hamilton cast was in the 'special thanks' section of the credits. Like, the whole cast. I can only assume they were thanked for, despite all reason, actually letting him go.

• Like x 8
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice