Fruity Rumpus Asshole Party - D&D Edition [Closed RP]

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Jun 11, 2016.

1. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

["Give me another perception check, Dave."]

2. Makizushi

Makizushi Cheap, Easy, Delicious

[15 this time.]

3. AbsenteeLandlady123

You see motion out the corner of your eye, and whip around to face it. For a moment, you think you see the outline of a person, but your gaze settles on another rabbit. Possibly even the same one as before. It stares at you, whiskers twitching.

4. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

"The feeling of evil from it is stronger too," Pyralspite reports, taking up a position far enough from the hole that she can focus on keeping watch without the feel of the evil distracting her.

5. Makizushi

The bunny is too cute; Lei is immediately suspicious. "Do you guys in the village have any idea of who's doing this? Can they turn into rabbits by any chance? I keep seeing them." He has no idea of if rabbits are this common or not; he saw cats in the city now and again but that is the extent of his experience with animals.

6. AbsenteeLandlady123

"The council has received troubling reports from some of the outlying farms recently - this weather is unseasonable, and more than one crop was lost suddenly to frost over the past month. Others have been struck by fungus on the vine, and it's been getting harder to find worms in the soil. Our local druid has been uneasy as well, but they haven't been able to pin down a cause for it. As for the rabbits - they're plenty common in these parts. Pests, if anything. And we've no arcane practitioners in town. But if it will set you at ease..."

Esra grasps her amulet again, and slowly approaches the rabbit. It eyes her warily, but makes no move to flee when she stops a good twelve feet away from it. "Get on with you now, before I have a mind to take you back for dinner." She shoos it, and it dashes away. "Just a creature, like any other."

7. lupadracolis

"What about the evil presence, though? Can you purify the ground here, or something like that?" Pyralspite is by no means an expert in what clerics can and cannot do, but that seems like something a cleric should definitely be able to do.

8. AbsenteeLandlady123

"Alright, I'll take a look." Esra returns to you both, and then hunkers down. One arm rests on her heater shield for balance, and the other flattens out on the ground. She closes her eyes, and her fingertips glow once again. When she opens them, it's to direct a look of consternation your way. "If you woke me for a prank, I shall be sorely disappointed."

As she says it, Pyralspite becomes abruptly aware that the foul taint seems to have vanished, as if it were never there to begin with.

9. lupadracolis

Pyralspite gasps, both in surprise that the taint has gone and indignation that she'd be accused of a prank. "It was literally just there, it must have retreated when it felt you about to touch it."

[17 persuasion! I know what I felt!]

10. AbsenteeLandlady123

Esra looks you over, then stands back up and shoulders her mace.
    "Alright. Which direction did our mysterious figure flee in? Can either of you track?"

11. lupadracolis

"I can. He went this way originally." Pyralspite gestures the direction, walking over to search for prints and other things that may indicate a person's passage.

[N4TUR4L 20 plus 4!]

12. AbsenteeLandlady123

[Rose stares. Then, slooowly leans up to peer over her screen and verify the roll. She shakes her head with a peculiar expression, and sits back down.]

It is a simple matter for you to sniff out the trail. Leading your companions with utmost confidence, you stride across the snowy field, powder crunching underfoot and leaving fresh prints.

Fifteen minutes of determined walking later, and you start pushing into the treeline. In a short time, what little moonlight was filtering through the cloud cover is obscured entirely by the deepening canopy.

["Are you all attempting stealth?"]

13. lupadracolis

["I do! And I get a... okay I have disadvantage so. Uh. 4 total."]

Excited to be chasing down a villain, Pyralspite takes no note of how her chain armour jangles, her tall pack catches against branches, and her feet snap twigs loudly as she goes.

14. Makizushi

[Um, yes, do we WANT murdered? 15 total.]

15. AbsenteeLandlady123

Only Lei manages to move through the trees with any modicum of stealth.
    You make it another five minutes into the woods before a shrill shriek pierces the air around you.

[I would like dexterity saving throws from you both, please.]

16. lupadracolis

[5. And maybe I do want murdered. It's starting to seem that way.]

• Like x 1
  17. Makizushi

[Well, as I do not want murdered, I rolled a 21 total because I'm a goddamn ninja.]

• Like x 2
  18. AbsenteeLandlady123

Lei is quick enough to dodge out of the way, but both Pyralspite and Era are raked by... Claws? Talons? Tusks?
    You don't know. There was a blur of movement, another cry, and then the Drongborn and human had gashes on their shoulders.

[Terezi, you take 4 points of slashing damage.]

19. lupadracolis

With a curse, Pyralspite draws her sword, lifting her head and sniffing deeply to try to discover where their attacker is.

[21 perception off of a 19, and... 5 initiative, if that's needed.]

20. Makizushi

As Lei dodges he yells a series of magic laced expletives and insults at the... thing, but it's too fast for him to actually see.

When he sees Pyralspite getting ready to fight he darts to her side; it seems like a safe sort of place to be.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice