Fruity Rumpus Asshole Party - D&D Edition [Closed RP]

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, Jun 11, 2016.

1. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Pyralspite is able to catch a glimpse of rippling, dark fur on a hulking mass of muscle before the creature is gone.
    The woods fall silent, as if holding a breath and afraid to let it out.

2. AbsenteeLandlady123

Minutes pass.
    Nothing.
    Whatever it was, it is gone.

3. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

Pyralspite cautiously sheathes her sword again, still alert for any sudden change in sound from around them.

"Well. At least we clearly weren't lying."

4. Makizushi

Makizushi Cheap, Easy, Delicious

"What the actual hell though? Are you guys okay?" Even in the dark the blood seeping from the gashes in their shoulders is obvious.

"Now that we know there's something out here and have a general idea of where it is, did we want to, maybe, get re-reinforcements? In the daytime? Now that the immediate danger of the evil dirt has passed, and the presence of some kind of fucked up monster has been confirmed, I think it's probably pretty important that we make it back to town alive to report on all this." As he speaks, Lei keeps a wide-eyed lookout into the woods around him. Who knows if the monster is just biding it's time.

["Lei isn't scared, you're scared."]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  5. AbsenteeLandlady123

"There are many strange things in the woods." Estate says slowly, "Most are not hostile. If you would prefer to turn back, I believe I can follow this trail."

6. Makizushi

A look of horror crosses Lei's face and he squeaks "What?!" Splitting up and abandoning people in the woods to, presumably, die not what he meant at all. He's also not at all confident that he could find his way back, trail or no. "No way I'd just leave. That doesn't sound safe for anyone. I was just thinking strategy. If we're going to keep going that's fine, just, uh..." He gives Pyralspite a dubious look. "Let's try to go a bit quieter if at all possible."

7. AbsenteeLandlady123

[Make a perception check, Dave, Terezi.]

[13 for Pyralspite]

8. Makizushi

["13 here as well. Who cursed our dice?" Dave looks at Rose suspiciously.]

9. AbsenteeLandlady123

You see a momentary reflection of light in large pupils to your right, and hear the crunch of leaves and twigs.

[I need you to roll initiative.]

10. Makizushi

[16! Wait no, I add stuff to that. 21!]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  11. AbsenteeLandlady123

Lei gets the first proper look at the wolf crouched in the brush about fifteen feet away. It is a large beast with sleek, dark fur. Teeth are exposed, it's lips pulled back in a silent snarl.

[Initiative of 8 rolled for Pyralspite]

12. Makizushi

He shouts a warning to the rest of the group, somewhere along the lines of "HOLY FUCK, LOOK OUT!" and grabs onto Pyralspite, casting Heroism on her by quickly singing;

"I need a hero!
    I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night.
    She's gotta be strong;
    And she's gotta be fast;
    And she's gotta be fresh from the fight."

[Dave shows Terezi his spell sheet, it says:

Heroism; A willing creature you touch is imbued with bravery. Until the spell ends, the creature is immune to being frightened and gains temporary hit points equal to your spellcasting ability modifier (7) at the start of each of its turns. When the spell ends, the target loses any remaining temporary hit points from this spell.

"So at the start of each of your turns, you get +7 temp hit points. You're welcome.]

Lei also flings a hand out to Esra, Inspiring her thus:

"When the night has come,
    And the land is dark,
    And the moon is the only light we'll see.
    No I won't be afraid.
    Oh, I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand, stand by me."

[She takes 1d6 inspiration die.]

After making such a racket, Lei moves back a few feet, letting the fighters stand between him and the wolf.

• Like x 3
  13. AbsenteeLandlady123

The ears of the wolf pin back, and the snarl becomes audible. Its muscles bunch, and it lunges forward to bite the nearest target - Pyralspite.

Its teeth flash, and then glance off the dragonborn's armor.

Esra raises her maul, and brings it down on the shoulder of the wolf. It yips, its paw curling up.

[Terezi, you're up.]

14. lupadracolis

Sucking in a deep breath, Pyralspite lets it out again in an icy blast, directed straight at the wolf.

[That's a 15 ft cone of freezing air. The wolf takes 6 points of cold damage, which is halved on a constitution saving throw of 14.]

15. AbsenteeLandlady123

The wolf tries to scramble out of the way, but is frozen in place by your icy breath, eyes wide and lifeless.

Quiet and calm slowly returns to the forest.

[You both get 50xp]

16. lupadracolis

Pyralspite looks around, to see if she can determine the reason for the wolf attacking them so suddenly.

[13 on an investigation check.]

17. AbsenteeLandlady123

About ten feet behind the frozen wolf, cowering in the brush, is a lone pup. The body of its mother shielded it from your icy blast of breath. Its ears are pinned back, and slowly it approaches the frozen body of its mother. It whines, and bites at her back leg. Then it starts to try and lick the ice crystals from her hide.

18. Makizushi

["What the FUCK Rose," Dave slams his hands on the table. "Are you seriously just going to throw a baby at us and like, expect us to let it die? Oh my god. I'm not ready to be a parent, and I have a -2 to animal handling anyway. This isn't fair. What are we supposed to do???]

Lei approaches the wolf puppy very slowly, heart cracking right down the middle. "Oh no... we killed it's mom... I'm so sorry baby..."

19. AbsenteeLandlady123

[A lone wolf attacking a group of people in the forest? There was a reason, Dave. I rolled for its gender, and from there the number of cubs. So, it could have been worse. If you want to approach it, however, I'm going to ask you to roll animal handling.]

"A shame. I hoped it was a male." Esra shakes her head, her brow creasing as she looks down at the pup. "It looks to be about three months or so, judging by the size."

20. Makizushi

["You know what, fine, I will." Dave rolls and then sits there stunned for a second.

"... Um. Natural 20?"]

Lei drops to the ground with his hand outstretched, feeling just really incredibly sad for the puppy and wanting to help it somehow.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice