full mineral al-gem-ist [An SU/FMA AU thread]

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Void, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

The cluster as a philospher's stone made from Rose's subordinates after she defected y/y?

• Like x 7
  2. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

Uh yes. Very much yes.

• Like x 1
  3. Void

Gem monsters = fucked up chimera experiments????

• Like x 4
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Animalistic changed persons, yes. Def yes.

• Like x 2
  5. If Garnet is Ruby and Sapphire's child, what about Sardonyx and Sugilite and (more importantly) Opal?

6. Void

hm. not quite sure if they'd exist in the au or how tbh

7. Hmm. Maybe they could be experiments by the government/the diamonds, taking the role the Homonculi filled in FMA? Plus they can be dark reflections of traits the crystal gems possess or something.

• Like x 2
  8. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Hm. Other rebels trained specifically by Garnet and Pearl and Amethyst, maybe? Rebels who pull from the specific alchemy styles that those three have in specific ways?

(Which opens up the avenue for Alexandrite to be an unofficial Dragon's Breath Alchemist.)

There's still room for most/all of the CGs to have been killed during the rebellion while having fusions be the few remaining. Maybe they went off to try and do their own thing, and Steven&Co only run into them in certain areas, or if the CGs have to call them for help-- I could see Sugilite trying to incentivize miners to riot for instance.

• Like x 1
  9. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Ohhhh this would be cool too though.

10. Glad you think so. and what about Bismuth? Maybe she can be a retired state alchemist (or an ally of Rose's from Ishval) who works as a blacksmith and fills a role similar to ["a housewife", i suck at names] except less of a direct ally. Or she can even be more akin to Scar, not willing to give up the fight against the Diamonds after what they did during the war, even though it's ruining her own life.

• Like x 2
  11. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Scar seems more apropos than Izumi, yeah.

(I hope Bismuth does get a Scar-like ending. ;_;)

• Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice