Funny ship names

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by ChelG, Aug 13, 2020.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Here are some of my faves I've found around (Homestuck, but I'd love to see any others)...

-John/Karkat = "Communism"
    -John/Equius = "Heir Force One"
    -Dave/Roxy = "AND NOW YOU ARE BANGING HER"
    -Dirk/Roxy = "Cat in the Hat"
    -Dave/Karkat = "About Bloody Time"
    -Aradia/Karkat = "Swearing on the Grave"
    -Aradia/Equius = "Iron Maiden"
    -Dave/Sollux = "Applebees"
    -Kanaya/Terezi = "Taste the Rainbow"
    -Maryamcest = "Now Neither Of Us Will Be Virgins"
    -Gamzee/Equius = "High Horse"

I should come up with some Hiveswap ones too. One time someone asked for a ship name for Vikare/Zebede and my first thought was "Turn That Frown Upside Down".

• Winner x 1
  2. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

"Neapolitan" is one of my faves. I first ran into it with Girl Genius (Agatha/Gil/Tarvek), but it's common whenever you have a blonde, a brunette and a redhead that make for a good OT3

• Winner x 2
  3. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

Admittedly only because I'm late to the fandom, but "Adoribull" (Dragon Age, Dorian/Iron Bull) is the best namesmush pun I've heard in a long time.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

GCU Prosthetic Conscience
    GSV Unfortunate Conflict Of Evidence
    GCU Poke It With A Stick
    ...oh, other kind of ship names!

• Winner x 4
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Hehehe. Is there a fanfic pairing that could be called Boaty McBoatface?

• Agree x 1
  6. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I like to call Jame/Tori 'Triple Distilled Whiskey' because if you smash their names together like they're a celebrity couple you end up with Jamesen which sounds a lot like Jameson. Also I am a hamsteak and therefore do not believe in easy people ship names.

7. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

okay but thinking about this a bit more, you could totally do (relation)ship names in (culture) ship name style
    Kirk/Spock: OTP The Original Premise
    Wesley/Buttercup: OTP As You Wish
    Agatha/Gil/Tarvek: OT3 Mad Scientific Progress Goes Boink

and various other ship classes like ETL (Enemies To Lovers), VSB (Very Slow Burn)...

• Winner x 2
  8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i've seen Love Yourself used for Celeste badeline/madeline ship

• Winner x 2
  9. tentaclegremlin

tentaclegremlin i'll drop the freakin' moon

i feel like there isn't a selfcest ship on the planet that hasn't made some variation of this joke

• Agree x 1
  10. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

In Young Justice fandom, Robin (Dick Grayson)/Kid Flash (Wally West)/Artemis (Artemis Crock) is a popular OT3. Naturally, it is known as Museum Heist, because it is when you Rob/Wall/Art.

• Winner x 7
    • Witnessed x 1
  11. WolffyLuna

WolffyLuna Active Member

The best ship name I ever saw was for Steve Rogers/Tony Stark/Bruce Banner: "Stark Spangled Banner"

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  12. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

So, Great Ace Attorney fandom on Pixiv has alternate ship names for a couple of inherently spoilery ships. While one of them doesn't seem to actually be used much (the ship is mostly tagged with the standard namesmush), I need to share it because it's a work of art.

For context,
    • Because of a running gag where he introduces himself as "the Sherlock Holmes" (あの"シャーロック・ホームズ"/ano "Sherlock Holmes") and others mistake "the" for a part of his name, GAA!Holmes is affectionately nicknamed "Anosherlock" (アノシャーロック).
    • People sometimes use vague wording like "Holmes's partner" or "that person" (あの人/ano hito) to sidestep late-game spoilers about the game's "Watson" character.
    Therefore, one ship name for Holmes/his partner is...

アノあの – AnoAno.

• Winner x 1
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

The psychonauts fandom named one of the most popular polyships "wanna split a cab?"

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice