Furvilla and You: A Guide to Serf Neopets

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Ouija, Jul 4, 2016.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

It looks different from the other potions I can make. Like. Kind of like there's an opaque white layer over it? The same thing happened when I moved villages with the other things I knew.

eta: The same thing happened with my tailor, doctor, and blacksmith recipes I knew. Opaqued.

I'm probably just being dumb and not noticing something obvious, idk. But Everything is full color even when I have 0 ingredients except for the No Longer Home recipes. And I'm not dying for cash on there, I'll survive, I just went "WELL THEN."

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Are you sure you have the ingredients for it?

3. TheMockingCrows

I have some of them. But that's the thing: I'm not trying to MAKE it right now. I don't have all the ingredients for the other things, but they're in full color on the "hey, these are the recipes you know" section. Except for Not My Village, it's opaqued.

4. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

HRM

Well, they said they unlocked recipes so you can learn recipes from any village, I guess they didn't say you could make them

Something's gone stupid

• Like x 1
  5. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

You can make them even if they're greyed out.

I could make the Quetzal Palace sword despite being in Dragonsmaw Manor.

• Like x 1
  6. TheMockingCrows

Ahh, sweet. Okay, I was really confused about the greyed out thing.

7. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

Yeah, I think that's a leftover from being region locked that was never fixed.

8. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Aah, okay

Well, their programmer's gone for the rest of the week, so it probably won't be fixed until they get back

9. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I can't find "gender potions" anywhere on the site, do they actually exist?

10. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

I think Quetzal palace makes them. I know people in thread (on the google doc) offer to make them for a fee here.

11. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

I can't search for it in the user market, and searching for it in general brings up nothing

12. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

Most people on Furvilla (not from this thread) don't find any money in making and selling gender potions. The only apply to the animals you're domesticating, and only if you plan on breeding them, which, unless you got two super rare variations of an animal (like say I got two "spooky" variation wabbits instead of just the one) that are the same gender, it's kind of like "whatever, I'll just look for another animal and find a compatibility"

Ping a Quetzal Palace person ( @OnnaStik I know for sure has an alchemist, sorry for the ping if you didn't want it) and see if you can work out a deal with them.

13. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

Well, I mean, even if no one's selling them, I should still be able to search for it and just get 0 results in the market, and it should show up in a general search -- other potions do

14. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

15. mek

mek I AM THE LIZARD KING

That is what I mean, thanks -- I thought a "breeding potion" was necessary to breed animals, I didn't know it swapped their sexes

Someone should update the help files, it only mentions a "gender potion"

16. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

None of their flavor text is very well thought out, if you look at it longer than five seconds.

I feel like they hamfisted some words together in an effort to make the site open faster, since beta was supposed to be released july of last year.

• Like x 4
  17. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

Well it seems like I am Still Awake, and I'm thinking about my furs being cute.

Tiliqua is Village/Team Mom and keeps adopting villagers/children. Jubati is a snarly punk with a heart of gold. Doc isn't actually a doctor yet but ey're determined to be one. (I named a crocodile Doc because I think I'm funny. I want to draw em in a lab coat...)

18. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

[​IMG]
    Ahahaha this is funny for OC reasons

• Like x 1
  19. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

[​IMG]

THE TOKENS ARE REAL AND THEY ARE MY FRIEND

• Like x 2
  20. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

Huh.

So.

As long as you have a top tier weapon in your repertoire, it apparently does not matter which item you use to smack a baddie, because you will hit for the damage that the top tier weapon fights at.

Aka I just whacked a light monster "weakly" with my tooth stick for 40 damage and OHKO'd it.

Obviously you still want a top tier weapon that you don't need to unequip every 14 turns so it doesn't break on the 15th turn, but.

good to know.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice