Furvilla and You: A Guide to Serf Neopets

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Ouija, Jul 4, 2016.

1. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

2. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

(logs into furvilla for the first time in forever)

[​IMG]
    Oh.

• Like x 4
  3. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

(I put it all back in the lotto cuz tbh I threw my coins in there thinking I wouldn't win)

[​IMG]

Time to set and forget

• Like x 2
  4. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

damn lmao

also why are so many of the fairies useless

5. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I don't know but I'm hoarding a bunch because why the fuck not.

• Like x 1
  6. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

where and how do i buy things?

im finally at a computer but the website is so confusing :U

7. KingStarscream

So there's two places: the shops in your Town Hall (which are from the town hall dropdown menu) or the Stalls (which is under the commerce dropdown menu.) Town Hall shops are automatically restocked every 15 minutes with a random assortment of items, which is FRANKLY INFURIATING but makes sense from an economy standpoint I guess. Stalls are user operated and function like the FR auction house, in that you can only buy things straight out and can't actually auction at all.

The easiest way to grind cash (as the game is now) is to start with two-three Explorers, then pick up a Warrior. Once you have a warrior, you can equip them from the Armory Shop (which will also occasionally stock with recipes for higher-end weapons) and then use them to grind more money and crafting material.

After that, I think Blacksmith and Herbalist are your best villager careers to pick up. Either hold onto the herbs for any later Doctor or Alchemist stuff you wanna do, or sell them on the stalls-- the market does fluctuate, but not hugely, and usually you can sell for better than the base sellback rate the game gives you. Blacksmiths are useful for repairing Warrior items, and Warriors are going to be the only way you can access higher-end crafting materials (which can also be sold in the stalls for good cash.)

• Like x 1
  8. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

You'll also need a carpenter to actually get yourself space for more critters. I would rank doctor way higher though, illnesses are a constant for explorers and they suck.

• Like x 1
  9. KingStarscream

Yeah, but the career switching means that you can pop one of your explorers over to Carpentry for a bit, and then switch 'em back. That's the nice thing about not having people locked in, I can swap my explorers for pretty much any given thing in a flash.

(And if you need help with weapons or armor, I'm willing to toss a sword your way or buy a knife for you to start out with.)

• Like x 1
  10. electroTelegram

thanks! i just got my third explorer so im going kinda slow

all three of them are currently sick though so i might go doctor instead? or.. i think i can buy the potions from the market so i'll probably make my 4th a warrior

11. electroTelegram

can i take you up on the help with weapons or armor? i got a wooden sword to start but i immediately died

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  12. KingStarscream

No problem! What's your username? I'll throw you a tooth dagger and fang club (light and dark damage, respectively) and see about a better shield.

The only thing that sucks about a lot of Quetzal Palace stuff is that it's really high in restrictions for how many battles you have to win before you can equip it.

13. electroTelegram

my user name is raxyl, #67904!

14. KingStarscream

Sent! If I can manage a dragon claw knife (THE RECIPE FINALLY SHOWED UP) I'll see about tossing one of those your way too.

15. electroTelegram

!! awesome, thanks a bunch!

16. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

furry santa: please give me the schema for monster claw axes and the wickerbeast potion recipe

• Like x 1
  17. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

i got lucky and found the wickerbeast recipe the other day right before i went binge-shopping and while i had just enough cash (i think within about 13 fc) :000 holy balls dem recipe requirements though

(btw, how does everybody feel about lore/OCs in this thread? i've got some of my own that i really like, and i'd love to hear about y'all's, but i'd also understand if it would be better saved for the 'tell me about your OCs' thread :P)

• Like x 2
  18. KingStarscream

Idk about anyone else, but I'm down to see lore for your villagers! I have none because all of mine are Transformers characters. :P

• Like x 2
  19. electroTelegram

im not a fan of how many clicks it takes to do stuff :/

site is in beta though so hopefully they'll smooth things out in that area

• Like x 1
  20. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

is it still in beta? I thought it got out of beta when it went live bc beta tester rewards? or am i confused about words again, oh gosh..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice