Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

"You just feel threatened b/c you ship it, which means it's working" thanks for assuming I ship it! I don't, actually, I just find performative threats of violence upsetting in general.

• Agree x 1
  2. HonestlyVan

man I can't be the only one who finds the P5 UI fucking overwhelming to look at, right?

Like, from a design and visual perspective, I think it's cool, but all the woosh and movement and constantly changing font sizes and the blinding contrast just becomes exhausting after a while

3. HonestlyVan

The Poets of the Fall cover of Chris Cornell's "You know my name" is such a good fucking song.

4. HonestlyVan

why is the Bulkhead tag so bare I just want content where he Fucks

5. HonestlyVan

Fuck I sat down and four hours later I'm done with Iron Widow

*SHAKES BOOK* WHERE IS THE REST??? WHEEEEREEEEE????

• Agree x 1
  6. HonestlyVan

Unsurprisingly I am fucked up about how the protagonist duo (possibly trio, not like there was a confirmation about Yizhi either way) are both such Big Disability Mood and also about how all the words I would use to describe Zetian sound like insults when I mean them as the highest compliments only.

She's so mean, she's so angry, she's so unlikeable, I love her, I would kill for her. She's amazing, I want her to burn the whole world down, she has earned this, this is her world now.

Fuck, reviewing this book is gonna be so hard, I am in full "sitting on a hill howling at the moon" about it.

• Agree x 1
  7. HonestlyVan

Like god how do I even verbalise my feelings about this book. There are so many things I clearly don't get, there are things that I didn't like, and yet I think I fucking love this book.

8. HonestlyVan

Suddenly remembers that time I ended up in an argument with a bunch of whump fans about hurt-no-comfort is evil and there's something wrong with you if you project onto the whumper rather than the victim or aren't interested in aftercare.

Oh and pointing out the parallels and connections between sadism, sexual sadism and whump means I'm a nasty pervert who argues that whump is a sex thing.

• Witnessed x 1
  9. HonestlyVan

Anyone who calls me cynical for not having high regard for kudos should know that people in the comments of the Rekudo post on Tumblr are literally calling them "likes", too.

10. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

i literally just hit kudos on a fic if i finished it. it has nothing to do with whether i liked it or not. i have hit kudos on a LOT of fics over the years that. i would not want someone to take my username in the kudos list as a marker of "and ao3 user idiomie thought this fic was a work of quality, as you can see here, by xir kudos"

• Witnessed x 1
  11. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

ouch okay i didn''t mean that to be as unkind as it came off to those fics. i started that because everyone has to start writing and get encouragement/engagement, so i spend a lot of time reading fics by clearly young/unpolished authors. and i'm just very very liberal with my kudos. "i finished this fic. i made it all the way to the end."

but also i've spoken to people who are like. i only kudos if this fic ~moves~ me and i'm like. actually i think i would spend so much time in a feedback loop of mentally examining what it means to be "moved by" a fic that i might never enjoy reading fic again if that was my standard. i think that's what bookmarks collections are for, if anything. godspeed my dude

• Agree x 1
  12. HonestlyVan

very belated realisation, holy shit, but the reason I feel so fucking weird about how all the stuff focusing on Bulkhead being a surrogate parental figure to Miko despite, like. Fundamentally being a Self-Described Big Fan is because I like that Miko thinks Bulkhead is her best friend, like an older brother figure, and doesn't fully grasp the difference in life experience and circumstances until she's way older, whereas Bulkhead feels responsible for her... but no more responsible than he feels for people generally because the big guy. Is protective as fuck actually

Basically, I like that it's a friendship that can develop later into a more parental relationship once Miko is older and they understand each other better. I love the idea of it developing into an important, emotionally intimate, familial relationship from a basis of a friendship they arrived at because they like each other as people.

and also because I'm really fucking sick of "Miko's dad" being one of the three acceptable characterisations for Bulkhead, and "Bulkhead's rowdy kid" being the only acceptable characterisation for Miko. I would read so much Miko content if people wrote any.

• Agree x 1
  13. HonestlyVan

Not to be joyless and bitter, but in-group signalling about how you don't want "freaks and pedos" interacting with you and then going on to interact, reblog and generally slobber all over content made by people who get targeted by fandom libel is possibly the most frustrating pattern from a new follower one can experience on Tumblr.

14. HonestlyVan

Observing an overlap with IDW fans who only like Ultra Magnus because he's yet another JRo original in MTMTE and Animated fans who think Ultra Magnus is worse than Megatron.

15. HonestlyVan

I don't as a rule hate the idea of a non-IDW Minimus but I hate that in practice people use it to turn an established character in G1/Aligned into basically just someone's OC.

• Witnessed x 1
  16. HonestlyVan

And I've never seen anyone suggest the concept with Animated UM. Presumably because he's not sympathetic enough.

17. HonestlyVan

The Magnus Armour would kick ass in in Animated, though. The Great War isn't being led by a great warrior, it's being led by a bureaucrat with OCD. The cruelties of the Autobots aren't hubris or cold principle, they're mathematically perfect disregard.

18. HonestlyVan

Like you wanna explore the ways in which TFA Autobots are fascist? Their leader is literally not a real person and sees no benefit or value in his own identity. The cause is more important than life, and only the selfish sycophants actually benefit.

• Like x 2
  19. HonestlyVan

Also not to be offputtingly self-congratulatory but the Magnus Proxies idea I had for Aligned (ie. Mags is a real person, but there are multiple Magnus body doubles, which Minimus is one of) fucks hard and lets me write Magnus and Minimus having an extremely weird and emotionally fraught awkward mutual appreciation society.

• Winner x 1
  20. HonestlyVan

*stares at the tags on Rekudo by one of my friends saying they had no idea it was made by me and they're very excited that they've seen it used on their fics*

people like a thing I made................

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice