Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

Oh No Here Come The Iron Widow Disability Feelings

2. HonestlyVan

I started rereading it. You don't know my life.

Anyway, I feel like a parody of myself for This being The Thing for me out of everything in the book.

3. HonestlyVan

Me: honestly though I'm not big on self-shipping, I don't get the appeal, like... the appeal of characters is in the character-yness, y'know?

Also me: I would kiss Optimus Prime right on his big metal mouth if I met him ever

• Agree x 1
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Rating this Agree because I relate to the sentiment here extremely hard, although the character is different in my case. :P

5. HonestlyVan

Not to be a hippie but I'm suddenly very tempted to design and make my own runestones.

This is inspired by my friend who made their own number divination system and heartily recommended Just Making Your Own -- numerology has never really worked for me and I don't vibe with divination done using Futhark, but there is something extremely viscerally satisfying about rune casting, so...

6. HonestlyVan

And like they're a _real_ witch and shit and I'm just a non believer pagan with a special interest in tarot, if they can make it work then I can probably make it work too. Currently considering a 3x7+1 set that's good for asking yes/no questions of. The problem with tarot is that all the answers are so goddamn long-winded to interprete.

7. HonestlyVan

8. HonestlyVan

9. HonestlyVan

10. HonestlyVan

I am vibing with this Essay but there is all to much American Politics in it.

11. HonestlyVan

12. HonestlyVan

Okay, got to the bit that was so interesting to me when I heard it quoted, it's about 2/3rds of the way in:

13. HonestlyVan

Thinking about how every time I've been exposed to "gross" content on Tumblr, it's been by an anti putting that shit unwarned in the main tags.

14. HonestlyVan

I'm currently going through the process of introducing my non-Homestuck friend to Homestuck and explaining the events of Cascade made me realise that the reason Act 6 has so many sub-acts is because those were the acts of the original alpha Homestuck before Hussie discarded it in favour of writing the version of Homestuck where the Beta Kids are the protagonists.

Homestuck ended five years ago and I am still realising new shit about it every time I think about it. I can never leave!!!

15. HonestlyVan

To be clear -- I fucking love it, let's have a Homestuck renaissance (a terrible idea, surely, because the comic has aged in ways that literally cannot be navigated around, I just want talk about it again)

16. HonestlyVan

Why do people hate the MCYT people so much? Why do people act like they're so much worse than the Marvel RPF and SPN RPF or the entirety of bandom?

I used to be a TGWTG shipper. One of my favourite fics is John Steward/Stephen Colbert.

My very first fandom was wrestling.

Do I just not. Get it?

17. HonestlyVan

The emotional struggle of wanting to send your OTP to a good writer's ask game about ships and also hoping nobody does that b/c you don't want to find out they, too, don't care for it.

18. HonestlyVan

Someone who understands linguistics explain to me why the way Friendly Space Ninja and La'Ron Readus (both of them queer black men) talk is so pleasant.

I know they talk in very similar ways, it's probably a language demographic thing, but IDK what it is. It's like the opposite of White Atheist Speak.

19. HonestlyVan

Well that is some very overt and old-fashioned transmisogyny I am right now experiencing while playing Dangan Ronpa 3.

20. HonestlyVan

The terrifying knowledge that I could post badfic right now and nobody could stop me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice