Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

it's not like there are any expectations on me. I could just post the thing. It doesn't have to be good. People don't know I'm technically a good writer.

2. HonestlyVan

I will try to avoid falling into Danganronpa Hyperfixation Hell too badly but also there's an energetic prettyboy who is also fucking dying and I already hear the siren song of disability issuefic.

I mean, I gotta do something with that ending, don't I?

3. HonestlyVan

Where did I pick up the sentence "I love the He" up from. Now it's the only thing I can say in response to anyone showing me anything I like.

4. HonestlyVan

I'm having such a day. I'm just gonna go watch my stupid murder loli anime.

5. HonestlyVan

Like I would like to do more Danganronpa things, but a) that fandom looks like it is completely on fire and I don't want to deal with fanpol rhetoric today and b) I keep getting tripped up thinking about Korekiyo and the implications The Twist has on him as a character.

6. HonestlyVan

Like okay it will never not be massively and disgustingly transmisogynistic for the game to go "wouldn't it be cool if the visibly effeminate male serial killer had a secret hidden female personality based on his dead sister whom he was in an incestuous relationship with" and the twist that this was an in-universe character created by Team Danganronpa for him and that the real Korekiyo is probably not an incestuous serial killer doesn't actually make it any less transmisogynistic.

But the thing is that I really liked Korekiyo, I really wanted him to be one of those characters who looks fucking spooky as shit and so people judge him when in fact he has a heart of gold, and since we don't know anything about pre-games Korekiyo and I don't think Dating Reality Show Mode makes him being a serial killer canon, I might even find content like that! Surely there has to be some people into effeminate goths in this fandom who weren't really feeling the transphobic incest twist, y'know?

I just don't want to wade into the discourse. Like, at all. I don't want to know if the anti standpoint is that liking Korekiyo makes you a completely irredeemable person and I don't want to find out if not being into the serial killer nonsense would make every Kiyo fan immediately assume I was an anti. And I don't want to do discourse about the Obviously Transmisogynistic thing being transmisogynistic. I want it to be accepted that I see all the problems with this character, I see the queercoded villainy, and I still find the queercoded aspects appealing and worth exploring and would like to capitalise on the opportunity to "fix" them because that final twist left the door open for it.

7. HonestlyVan

btw this is a struggle I have every time there's an obvious okama character in anime. They're almost always my favourite characters, I spent years defending them because all that registered to me was the warmth and affection that really feels like... well, my godfather, among other things. Even very "mannish" characters with feminine composure and conduct first make me feel warm and safe, and second make me go "well that's fucking Yikes and I hate it". There's just not a lot of effeminate men in media who aren't somehow yikes because the straights are just terrible like that!!!

8. HonestlyVan

"RPF is so bad because *lists exclusively examples of people having bad boundaries about other people's relationships* so you need to stop shipping real people! Not just celebrities but everyone!!" is for sure my favourite talking point that still persists among shippers who otherwise know to not give a shit about what other people do in the privacy of their own fiction.

Literally if someone doesn't respect your personal boundaries, just stop interacting with them.

• Agree x 1
  9. HonestlyVan

I dreamed of the comfiest pants I've ever worn :/

10. HonestlyVan

They were basically hakama but made from, like... flanel, I think? That doesn't sell their confidence, they were basically like quilted trousers except hakama. They were lined with flanel, but the actual fabric was something stiffer.

They were so goddamn comfortable.

11. HonestlyVan

*opens time rift into the CROB fandom to feed my need for Croissant/String Gummy*

"Fuck DevSys but I'm obsessed with--"

*closes tab*

12. HonestlyVan

How are you gonna insult. The entire creative team of a work you enjoy while professing to enjoy it? Jesus christ. If you feel that strongly that something in it is irredeemably problematic, say that so I know what your Fucking Damage is.

13. HonestlyVan

MY BIKE MY BIKE MY BIKE MY BIKE MY BIKE

MY BIKE!!!! IS FIIIIIIIIXED!!!!!!

• Winner x 1
  14. HonestlyVan

Thinking about how Drift makes a lot more sense if you look at his spirituality through a lens of conversion, rather than being born-again.

• Agree x 2
  15. HonestlyVan

Like I had this convo with [name redacted to protect the innocent] a few months back about how, even as someone with very r/atheism personal beliefs, I find the grating insincerity of how Drift's religiosity is portrayed in fandom as one of the biggest markers of "ohh you never understood his character, huh. You just wanted a broken bird to ship with the person who fixes them"

• Like x 1
  16. HonestlyVan

I hate when people use the "frizzy hair brown eyes" tweet as proof that Rowling was trying to shoe-horn diversity into a story that didn't explicitly include it in the first place.

That tweet was made to DEFEND AN ACTOR CAST IN THE ROLE!!! It was pointing out that TEXTUALLY casting a Black actress as Hermione was not only justified, but endorsed by her.

People want this to be a point so bad and it has never been the point. Her tweets about Blaise Zabini and Sheamus Finnegan and a Jewish student literally named Goldstein are much more telling, and even they only point out that "the possibility of progressive interpretation exists".

Pretty much the only case of JRK "shoehorning diversity" in is... well, not even Dumbledore, until the movies no-homoed an explicitly gay character, thus undoing JRK's own explicit confirmation of his queerness.

This is just not the valid criticism people think it is, this is one of the stupider discourses, it is weak and it makes the fact that people bring it up alongside the fatphobia and racism makes them look uninformed,

• Agree x 1
  17. HonestlyVan

If you're gonna criticise her, and you should, at least don't fucking suck at it. That only gives ammo to people painting her as the victim instead of a noveau riche leader and financer of a transphobic hate movement.

18. HonestlyVan

Yes this is about the Shaun video. It's otherwise a decent video, but if you open with that, it really takes trust for me to keep going.

19. HonestlyVan

Is anyone liveblogging the new FNAF game? Turns out a new fandom-adjacent friend is into it and I would like to get on that before TF inevitably kicks off again.

20. HonestlyVan

Me when even my shitposts aren't getting notes: I think I'm just not that funny :(

Me when my shitposts start getting notes: but why aren't you reblogging my actual thoughtful effortposts!! Am I just such a bad writer??? :((((

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice