Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

I posted more fic. Holy shit.

2. HonestlyVan

*clicks through to a new follower* buddy, if you need to clarify who you mean when you say "pedos", I don't think that's the word you should be using *blocks*

• Agree x 1
  3. HonestlyVan

me: man it's nice that Xenoblade 3 fandom doesn't have any agewank
    also me: that's because all your ships are the same age or at most a year apart
    me: oh. :(

4. HonestlyVan

Honestly like I'm just happy IsuTai is uncontroversial. I mean, I am gonna write it as a seething pile of power dynamics because that's my kink but at least it starts as uncontroversial.

And I do love both Valdi and Juniper but I want to do things that are Not Shipping with them. Valdi especially is very "neurodivergent projection go brr"

5. HonestlyVan

Although Valdi should kiss Lanz, that would be funny.

6. HonestlyVan

Haaaahaahahahaaaa my friend who started Umineko at the start of the year finally got to the end of "End of the Golden Witch".

For literally months I've been waiting for my opportunity to say it to his face that he has been acting exactly like Battler the entire time he's been reading them.

haaaaaaaaaahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha

7. HonestlyVan

I do need to find non-spoiler, non-editorialised summaries of the arcs for him, though, I'm not heartless. He didn't realise this was the kind of mystery you had to take notes to solve, but I do think he has the chops to solve it.

8. HonestlyVan

Yell. I am now 9k into draft 3 of "First do no harm" (at least it has a name now) and all its making me do is want to go write some Xenoblade 3 meta.

But who will write fic about my blorbo if not me

• Like x 1
  9. HonestlyVan

The most stressful thing about the internet is that people I follow, who are mostly reasonable and and kinda just doing their own thing will reblog a post and leave a benign, removed-from-context comment on just relaying their feelings, and then I will see the OP of that post elsewhere talk about how that specific post has notes that are full of people suicide baiting and harassing them.

And it kinda makes me go "oh okay" because on the one hand I think it's unreasonable to enforce a policy of "you can never express your negative reactions to someone else's posting in public" but also the person being harassed should not be expected to have the mental wherewithal to think about how some people adding to the mass of it aren't even thinking about what it's doing to the OP.

10. HonestlyVan

"Why am I not tired?"

*forgot to take meds*

• Witnessed x 1
  11. HonestlyVan

Tired: worldbuilding is used to smooth the plot over, ignoring the thematic
    Wired: worldbuilding is used for deconstruction, creating new subtext and thematic material out of whole cloth
    Inspired: worldbuilding is used exclusively to create new pear wigglers for me to stuff my blorbos into

• Winner x 1
  12. HonestlyVan

Incredibly on brand for me to find the two biggest workaholics in the cast and (Isurd and Taion) and then proceed to not care about anyone else in the whole damn game.

13. HonestlyVan

keys to freedom: I don't like the tone this uQuiz took with me so I am not reblogging it to give it notes.

Let the fresh moral panic wither and die.

14. HonestlyVan

Someone: *goes through my whole Xenoblade 3 tag*

Someone: *only reblogs art I've reblogged*

Me: :(

• Witnessed x 1
  15. HonestlyVan

MY FRIEND???? GOT ME THE TALLNECK LEGO SET AS A BELATED CRIMMUS PRESENT????

• Winner x 1
  16. HonestlyVan

I am going to cry ;~;) It's beautiful

• Winner x 1
  17. HonestlyVan

I'm still genuinely bummed out about this, lmao.

Especially b/c it's not like people in the tags I'm putting my shit in are doing anything but liking those posts either.

18. HonestlyVan

Like is my writing just..... bad?

Are my ideas bad?

Is it the execution or the content?

19. HonestlyVan

I can't believe it would be a reputation thing, at this point I think I'm blocked by the majority of people who don't like me. If they know what's good for them.

20. HonestlyVan

God like not to be complaining a whole week later but I just feel so bummed out that someone would follow me for my XC3 posting and then.... not engage with my XC3 posting.

That person follows me!! :((( My tag is at least 2:1 just me talking to myself!

Why does this bother me so much I s2f

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice