Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

I bought A Dance of Fire and Ice and fellas it is hard.

2. HonestlyVan

It's like someone looked at DDR and went "hmm this should have less buttons and more sight-reading"

3. HonestlyVan

I mean, even more than Osu already is DDR with less buttons and more sight reading. A Dance of Fire and Ice does have less sight-reading than osu but also it's a lot more punishing. You get two misses and you're out.

4. HonestlyVan

quoting my friend:

• Like x 1
  5. HonestlyVan

Once again performing satanic rites for us to get .hack//IMOQ or an R1 remake of some sort.

Like as much as I have deep Ohase brainrot from R2, R1 is just so unique and vibrant in its own way and I just know that if it got more exposure, that would drive exposure to R2 too.

• Agree x 1
  6. HonestlyVan

G.U is good!! G.U is fucking good, it's thematically rich and has an excellent, vibrant cast and an atmosphere unlike almost anything I've ever played. G.U can absolutely stand on its own and meet up to the expectation of people who come into the series through R1. But I feel like R2 getting a lot of the love means that the things that are unique about R1 are lost as the substrata of this more stable form of The World, and that makes me sad.

• Agree x 1
  7. HonestlyVan

It's very cool that R1 is kind of the reference point to which all of the rest of .hack ends up pointing but existing as lore and existing as an in-universe mythos is very different from existing as a story in the here and now that I get to participate in. And almost every reflection of R1 since R2 we've seen is... sort of overly self-congratulatory and almost missing the point of what made R1 feel so special.

• Agree x 1
  8. HonestlyVan

Having said that -- the Ovan brainrot truly is incomparable.

what a guy of all time

• Agree x 1
  9. HonestlyVan

Shitmentor? Check. Sadboy meowmeow? Check. Scheming? Check. Acts like there's only one person in his life that matters to him? Check. Cataclysmic guilt complex? Check. "Either I fix this or I die"? Check.

10. HonestlyVan

I need to eat him. Or strangle him with my bare hands.

11. HonestlyVan

I need to write more Xenoblade things or I will explode.

12. HonestlyVan

Literally unbelievable that some people work so hard to discredit other people's feelings. Literally what dows it matter if the person being rude to my friends about their appearance and dress is "really racist" or not, my friends feel fucking shitty and it's all because they couldn't leave them well enough alone.

• Witnessed x 1
  13. HonestlyVan

14. HonestlyVan

#i was not ready to hear sam lake beg for his life

15. HonestlyVan

Truly I was fucked before we started because James McCaffrey in Control as Zachariah Trench already did things to me and then he was back in this game in the body of a scrawny, bony, haggard detective and then spent most of the game turning into a pretty pretty blood-covered corpse.

shock alarm horror who knew Sam Lake was hot this entire time.

16. HonestlyVan

my friend, a Max Payne fan, is making fun of me for discovering that Sam Lake + James McCaffrey = the distilled perfection of a man I need to see gutted like a pig.

It may have taken me 15+ years but I am here now.

17. HonestlyVan

The absolute creative confidence on display in this game is just. Fucking startling. There's a whole fucking in-universe snuff film you can miss if you rush out of an area.

18. HonestlyVan

I need the Remedy Fandom to get extremely horny and tasteless about Alex Casey this minute tbh. We all need to collectively learn nothing from the game and go on to treat him as a vessel for literally every horror.

19. HonestlyVan

Man like I know I can't stop people from calling every character in Alan Wake 2 "Sam Lake's self-insert" but I do find it both frustrating, unhelpful and furthermore just kind of useless.

Like. Ultimately how much of AW is autobiographical or self-inspired doesn't actually change the story and dragging the person of just some dude on a large team of creators out as "the reason the game is this way" ignores that all creation like this is collaborative.

20. HonestlyVan

You can even literally see it in the way Ilkka Villi and Matthew Porretta talk about Alan as a character. Arguably Alan is just as authored by the two of them than he is by Sam Lake.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice