Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

Anyway any attempt to explain events in Alan Wake/Remedyverse by conjecture about the private life of Sam Lake or literally anyone else at Remedy is gonna be an instant block from me. I do not care to entertain this line of questioning. Poet's Theater was enough creator commentary for me.

• Agree x 1
  2. HonestlyVan

Tragic: being into a fandom where the main hot boy does nothing for me u_u)

(Scratch. I'm talking about Scratch.)

• Witnessed x 2
  3. HonestlyVan

Like I can sort of see it with Alan. He is a very compelling Wet Kicked Creature even though he's kind of too pretty for me. But IDK man Scratch just does nothing for me.

4. HonestlyVan

My friend has been relentlessly mocking me for discovering that Sam Lake Is Hot actually. And y'know? Fine. I thought this guy was just a game developer, I didn't expect him to be a goofball who is good at acting also.

5. HonestlyVan

Alex Casey exists as a monument to my hubris in thinking I could resist a lanky workaholic with a bad temper. Sam Lake just kind of exists, doing whatever goofy shit he is up to at any given moment. He's clearly having a blast, good for him.

6. HonestlyVan

Me playing dogwhistle kazoo on the AW fandom server, trying to see how close to posting explicit rape kink I can get before I get kicked out.

(It's not against the rules or anything, I just don't trust fandom rn to not be conservative)

7. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Fandom conservatism is so bad right now that earlier I ran across a post exhorting sims tumblr to stop being assholes about people posting their weird sims and dark storylines. Sims! Where it's a formative experience to drown them in pools or lock them in rooms to burn them to death!

• Witnessed x 2
  8. HonestlyVan

Oh that is both horrible and kind of validating to hear.

• Agree x 1
  9. HonestlyVan

I also recently saw a post from the Zelda subreddit about someone being up in arms with the interspecies with species with different aging patterns and I kind of just... stared at it. For a long time.

I genuinely can't stand the idea that we're still on the rising edge of the moral panic.

• Agree x 1
  10. Hisuian Typhlosion

Hisuian Typhlosion Infernal Parade

Isn’t there a canon couple in totk where there’s a zora girl who hasn’t hit her growth spurt yet (because zora age way differently so she’s a young adult with the model of the children zora) having a maybe-but-plausible-deniability romantic relationship with a (young?) adult human guy? And you bring them together???

I loathe to wonder what they think of that one. I don’t even personally read their relationship as romantic and I don’t want to know how people would react if I called them cute together.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. HonestlyVan

I've been avoiding doing Zora's domain in TOTK (it's the only thing I have left hahahahaha RIP me) but that does sound like something that would plausibly be going on considering Mipha was also quite apparently not a fully mature adult zora and Link was Whatever The Age He Is back then.

12. Hisuian Typhlosion

Hisuian Typhlosion Infernal Parade

EDC3E481-1BD8-4D1F-9239-E66FAB5FD641.jpeg Oh, I guess I misremembered when you meet her, but Finley (the zora) was introduced in botw. You do still see her in totk but the “bring them together” quest was in the first game, not the second :mspa:

• Informative x 1
  13. HonestlyVan

I can't decide if I should call the New York in AW2 "Crime York" or "Noir York" b/c like. Both of those are true but they both have different vibes.

• Like x 2
  14. HonestlyVan

Sam Lake wrt Alan in AW2: "In some ways he is the master of the supernatural now. Is he better off because of that? :) No."

15. HonestlyVan

Not to speak on the demon to invoke it but the best about working is being able to go up to my friends like "hey do you want money?" when they're low.

• Winner x 1
  16. HonestlyVan

Jacob Geller continues to never let me down, putting both Hi-Fi Rush and Alan Wake 2 on his best-of-the-year list.

AW2? Makes perfect sense, it's like a game created in a lab for a dude like him who enjoyed Control and likes metatextual nonsense.

But he had such good, important observations to make about HFR that I've heard nobody else except me on Discord to my friends making. He's someone whose public opinions constantly make me feel less alone in my perception of reality.

17. HonestlyVan

Also hey DID YOU GUYS HEAR REMEDY PUT ON A FUCKING MUSCAL NUMBER AT THE GAME AWARDS?

18. HonestlyVan

I'm kind of in the minority where Herald of Darkness was.... like, it's a good musical number song, but in a game with Anger's Remorse and fucking Dark Ocean Summoning () it was just hopelessly outclassed from the start. However, the musical was pretty incredible from a technological perspective, the boys at Poets have gotten really fucking good at making transitions and loops and generally fucking with the structure of a rock song, and... okay, look, I am enough of a theater nerd to appreciate the deliberately offset dance cycle. It's such a good touch.

And the performance did at least capture, like. The breathless driving energy that sequence has, and we got to see Sam Lake in a pinstripe suit doing silly dances for all of us while Ilkka and David do their level best to stay in-character. It's... kind of overwhelming, the level of confidence in the product Epic is showing, letting them kind of just do whatever silly unmarketable thing they want to do to promote the thing they made that has many many more unmarketable elements. I'm so cynical about the state of vidya I'm honestly having sincerity poisoning over what Remedy is doing right now.

• Like x 1
  19. HonestlyVan

Like I know it's Remedy. I know they're critical darlings. But "critical darling" does not translate to "recreation of musical number from a video game (which, again, had a musical number)". That's a thing you need to buy with money. That's an even controlled by financiers and production companies. I don't know how to be cynical about that, even if I am trying to keep realistic about it.

It just... feels so good. Seeing the weird art project of this "double-A at best" company from my home getting to do this. It feels so fucking good seeing Remedy succeed by just doing Remedy things.

• Like x 2
  20. HonestlyVan

Come on body we already ate why am I still starving

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice