Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

Congratulations to my best friend and also trans people everywhere for your new Elphelt Valentine.

2. HonestlyVan

I can't stop thinking about Ang handsomehugs

• Witnessed x 1
  3. HonestlyVan

Still very annoyed at big Youtubers who use autogenerated subtitles, and particularly offended by Philosophy Tube continuing to use subtitles as joke-delivering vehicles instead of an accessibility feature.

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. HonestlyVan

5. HonestlyVan

I think the way Philosophy Tube does it insults me the most because like. At least when Jessie Gender's five hour Star Wars video has kind of garbage subtitles for some parts, they're clearly just badly read or badly auto-generated or badly parsed.

Philosophy Tube's bad subtitles have had effort put into having fucking jokes and not actually describing what is going on in the audio.

• Witnessed x 1
  6. HonestlyVan

Well that was sure a Yesterday.

(Love having a creative crisis over the thought of writing, not even actual writing I put out there that got summarily ignored.)

• Witnessed x 1
  7. HonestlyVan

Is it even the fear of a blank page if you simply do not know where to fucking start.

• Witnessed x 1
  8. HonestlyVan

*gets vociferously and effusively complimented on my writing*

.... don't call all of them liars, don't call all of them liars, don't call all of them liars, you can't know if they're lying or not

9. HonestlyVan

The urge to go "haha I fooled you all! You just think my writing is good because I'm engaging to interact with!" is damn near overwhelming but they don't need to know it's all a calculated bit to get them to tolerate me rambling and think they like listening to it.

10. HonestlyVan

It's not my writing people like. People don't give a shit about my writing. It's the everything else that makes me entertaining.

I am decently confident it's the "everything else".

11. HonestlyVan

*first drink* Maybe my tolerance for booze is better than I thought

*second drink* everything is hilarious all of a sudden and I am experiencing transcendent happiness

12. HonestlyVan

It's a good thing alcohol is ultimately kind of bad and I expect that past five drinks there's gonna be diminishing returns on the "transcendent happiness", because I could see this becoming a problem for me otherwise.

I don't really enjoy the sensation of being drunk, but the getting drunk is a lot of fun! It's relaxing! It's pleasant! But I always gotta remind myself that it's not worth it to get more drunk than already being drunk.

13. HonestlyVan

Also hangover. There's gonna be that tomorrow.

I'm just gonna have ginger ale for the rest of the night.

14. HonestlyVan

I do not understand the myriad of writers from history who were like "I gotta be drunk to get anything done", like. I cannot tell you how much being drunk makes me just want to lie down on the floor and maybe jerk off. I know booze has a lot of different effects on people, it has a reputation of being one of the most unpredictable drugs but my state of intoxication and lowered inhibitions just kinda makes me passively horny and actively tired.

I am entirely unsure if I could even navigate giving head while drunk, even if the idea does kind of appeal to me. It would not be good head, but I would have fun giving it.

15. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I'm sorry* to have to tell you this, but being entertaining and engaging in writing is, in fact, being good at writing.

* not really

• Agree x 1
  16. HonestlyVan

Eh. I do feel like chatroom writing is closer to a standup performance than writing fic. Just like a large part of the joy of roleplay for people is the real-time theater aspect of it, a lot of my stuff isn't just that interesting if it wasn't for the magic trick of watching me pull it fully formed out of thin air.

17. HonestlyVan

Do you ever think about the fact that the word "excruciating" comes from the same root as "crucify" because not to be dramatic but. yeagh

18. HonestlyVan

I am in so much pain it's actively making me want to claw my own arm off.

• Witnessed x 4
  19. HonestlyVan

Haha this wine ain't shit *drinks half a mug* oh. Oh god. That was way too much.

20. HonestlyVan

To be fair I had had a couple of drinks (cider, mostly) before pouring myself that mug but I still got a little bit caught off-guard by the "wow okay I am suddenly far more drunk than I intended to be" feeling.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice