Garage bulletin board

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by HonestlyVan, Feb 16, 2020.

1. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

I don't think "I wanted to get this right so hard" flies if you didn't at least reach out to a sensitivity reader first, y'know? Google Translate is not good for languages outside of a very limited band.

2. HonestlyVan

One of these days I will detail a fic I'd like to read and then when I find a fic like that it is actually like that instead of being the closely-related, very similar kind of thing that invariably triggers the shit out of me.

• Witnessed x 3
  3. HonestlyVan

• Witnessed x 1
  4. HonestlyVan

Could the OCD donation discourse be any more annoying. I'm not gonna tell you how much I've given to charity or how many eSims I've brought just so you can gauge how "deserving" of accommodations for my mental illness I am, if you're not willing to accommodate me without agreeing that I'm a sufficiently good person first.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. HonestlyVan

I saw some lingonberry liquor at the story (hilariously branded "Lingoncello"), and it was too funny not to try, and ngl, this makes me understand wine drinkers a bit more.

6. HonestlyVan

I'm a bad Finn in that I don't really care for lingonberries or cloudberries, as I am abnormally sensitive to bitter tastes, but a) the bitterness actually works with a slightly sour base like a russian tonic and b) the incredible amounts of sugar in the liquor itself blunt the harshness of the bitterness.

I feel like this would pair really well with some grilled veggies or corn, actually.

7. HonestlyVan

My mom, by contrast, is a red wine drinker through and through because she *likes* the tannins that make red wine taste like burnt coffee. Meanwhile I like a medium roast with cream.

• Agree x 1
  8. HonestlyVan

(I also drink full milk and don't like most plant-based creamers because they're not fatty enough.)

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice